• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2017-2018 Pittsburgh Penguins

Would love to see the Pens win a third cup in a row, but I don't see them getting out of round two, providing they get that far. It was a good run, but I just don't think they have the horses for another one.

I am not too worried about the horses, its the young colts that need to step up and fill the void left by guys like Cullen, Bonino and Daley.

My thinking is that most teams really tighten up come playoff time. I don't know if the Pens can do that on defense. I know I would feel some better if Cole was still patrolling our blue line.

Our offensive players will have play more defensively to get it done. Simple as that. And Murray will have to play like a 2 time Stanley Cup Champion.

This isn't their first rodeo. I'll be optimistic until they're eliminated or skating around with the cup. Winning it on home ice would be nice.

They're looking good tonight. Power play is clicking. Banking it off the goalie twice. Defense is blocking shots. It's starting to look like the playoffs with the Pens up 2-0 deep in the 2nd. Just win baby!

Am I the only person watching the game tonight? Unpossible!!!!

3-0 Pens with 13 to play!

I was out eating sushi with the wife. I have the game rolling live on my phone. 4-0 shutout DeSmith stopped all 34 shots I dig that. Good end to the regular season.

Am I the only person watching the game tonight? Unpossible!!!!

3-0 Pens with 13 to play!

Nope haha.
I watched. Congrats to DeSmith for the 1st career shutout.
Survived a few injury scares.
Oleksiak took a blocked shot on the knee
Rust took a nasty hit
Letang had a bad wipeout.

Escaped injury free.
Happy with tonights performance.
Defense looked quite solid, creating turnovers, poke checks and winning board battles.

Malkin with a feisty attitude.
Crosby had a denied break away which set the tone for the game

Some lucky Pens fan gets to travel to every home/away Pens game $15,000 in hotel accommodations and $100,000 in leisure spending.

Lucky wanker

Wow, Penguins just gave away 2 tickets to every home and away game, next year. plus 15,000 dollars for air fare. plus 20,000 for hotel food and other accommodations. plus 100,000 dollars. damn!!!!!

Reactions: MTC
Looks like the Pens took winning these last 2 games seriously.

It's because they know the path to the cup comes from locking up the #2 seed in the Metro!!!

LET'S GO PENS!!!

Reactions: MTC
Wow, Penguins just gave away 2 tickets to every home and away game, next year. plus 15,000 dollars for air fare. plus 20,000 for hotel food and other accommodations. plus 100,000 dollars. damn!!!!!

Yeah. Pretty jealous.
I need to look into that Pens passport thing myself if they do it next season

they looked good tonight. Home ice in the first round bodes well. Now we wait. Heal a bit, rest and focus on the first game next week. They can do it!

Now we're talking HOME ICE ! I think we need it.

Tonight was worth the 2 1/2 Hour drive up. Yes, the wife and I are nuts. Crowd was into the game. The Pens played as well as they needed to. DeSmith was lights out ! He earned the shutout.

The give aways were great for some. All we got were Smiley Cookies and a GNC Yogurt Bar. Everyone got a T-Shirt which was pretty cool.

The "Shirts off there Backs" is a great tradition. We stayed to watch although many left. I'm still jealous of the guy that won the hundred grand and tickets to every game.

I have tickets to the first two home playoff game. Can't wait to see who we play ?

Would love to see the Pens win a third cup in a row, but I don't see them getting out of round two, providing they get that far. It was a good run, but I just don't think they have the horses for another one.

I hate to say I agree with you. Murray and the defense in general worries the hell out of me. One thing for sure. You can't win a cup without getting into the playoffs. Home ice early is a huge bonus.

Strange things happen. Good and bad bounces, injuries, some guys find a higher level. The Pens are scoring and if they can continue, anything can happen.

We haven't bought round two tickets yet.

If the Devils can pull out a win and CBJ loses, then we play NJD, right? That's the only scenario I'm not interested in. Debbils got way too much speed.

I think Philly would be OK

well philly won 5-0 and CBJ is losing 3-0. Devils are down 3-2 against the caps. Of all the teams we could play I would pick philly. Definitely do not want NJ.

The game was great. Playoff form for sure. Hornquist looks possesed.

It’s us and Philly by the looks of it. I can see this being 2012 all over again. Hopefully a different result this time.

Game 1 Wednesday! The awful orange. At the very least bumping them off would be great. I'm anxious to see if the team has any magic left.

I can't believe Washington got the Blue Jackets. That is a terrible matchup for them.

They thought getting out of the second round was hard? They might not get out of the first this year!

HA! My Cap friends are losing their minds!!!

Philly is also not soft. If they start losing, they will start head-hunting. Winning the series may still be a loss with the players they cheap shot. If Simmonds elbows Murray in the head again, he'll be out for the playoffs.

I can't believe Washington got the Blue Jackets. That is a terrible matchup for them.

They thought getting out of the second round was hard? They might not get out of the first this year!

HA! My Cap friends are losing their minds!!!

Philly is also not soft. If they start losing, they will start head-hunting. Winning the series may still be a loss with the players they cheap shot. If Simmonds elbows Murray in the head again, he'll be out for the playoffs.

BJ's are going to be tough on the Caps. The Caps did win 3 of 4 against them.

Pens vs Flyers will be brutal. They know how to get in Murray's head... literally. Pens have to play their game and not get caught up in the bullshit.

What concerns me is, believe it or not. The Flyers have taken about the fewest minor penalties in the league. Pens don't get the power play and relying on 5 on 5 will prove difficult. Home ice is a huge advantage for the Pens.

Last edited:
The Flyers haven’t been that dirty ****** team we are used to this year. That said this is the playoffs. I expect nothing less.