• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2017-2018 Pittsburgh Penguins

It’s us and Philly by the looks of it. I can see this being 2012 all over again. Hopefully a different result this time.

2012 all over for sure.
Only difference is the Pens have a better bench boss in Sullivan.

Given our recent success in the playoffs, just be prepared for the cheap stuff.
I think Oleksiak, ZAR and even little Hunwick can step up their enforcer stuff if needed.

The team is still skilled and hopefully has that switch we're anticipating.
KO the flyers and I'll be ok.

I can't believe Washington got the Blue Jackets. That is a terrible matchup for them.

They thought getting out of the second round was hard? They might not get out of the first this year!

HA! My Cap friends are losing their minds!!!

Philly is also not soft. If they start losing, they will start head-hunting. Winning the series may still be a loss with the players they cheap shot. If Simmonds elbows Murray in the head again, he'll be out for the playoffs.

I hope CBJ knocks the snot outta the caps.
I cannot respect Washington as long as tom wilson is on that team.

Tortz is crazy enough to unleash some cheap stuff if wilson acts a fool.

CBJ are red hot and the Devils are a bad matchup for us all around. At least with Philly we might get to their D and goalie.

Pens in 5, if Murray shows up

BJ's are going to be tough on the Caps. The Caps did win 3 of 4 against them.

Pens vs Flyers will be brutal. They know how to get in Murray's head... literally. Pens have to play their game and not get caught up in the bullshit.

What concerns me is, believe it or not. The Flyers have taken about the fewest minor penalties in the league. Pens don't get the power play and relying on 5 on 5 will prove difficult. Home ice is a huge advantage for the Pens.

One thing about Columbus, they have 4 losses since March 4. 2 losses were in OT, and one the last game of the season, when they rested their starters and Bobrovsky.

They've had 1 regulation loss with all of their starters. They are going to be a much tougher out for Washington than before the trade deadline.

One thing about Columbus, they have 4 losses since March 4. 2 losses were in OT, and one the last game of the season, when they rested their starters and Bobrovsky.

They've had 1 regulation loss with all of their starters. They are going to be a much tougher out for Washington than before the trade deadline.

I'm thinking the BJ's beat the Caps. I wouldn't want to play the Devils right now either. The Metro games are some great match ups.

They're a legit team.
Much improved than the team we played last year in the playoffs.

The Pens have experience, skill and coaching.
Players just need to buy in and play smart and the Pens should be ok.

By all means I'm really just happy to keep the playoff streak going.
We'll see what mood I'm in if the Pens do turn it up.

If they do, then I'm all in for a threepeat.

We can get past Philly and hope for some upsets going into rounds 2 and 3. I wouldn't be surprised if CBJ takes out WASH. If TB or BOS can fall, that only helps the Pens moving forward. No one is picking the Pens to get to the ECF and that's fine. They need to earn that trip again going against some really good teams. Should be fun. Many are picking Nashville to win it all. Yay, catfish for everyone.

We can get past Philly and hope for some upsets going into rounds 2 and 3. I wouldn't be surprised if CBJ takes out WASH. If TB or BOS can fall, that only helps the Pens moving forward. No one is picking the Pens to get to the ECF and that's fine. They need to earn that trip again going against some really good teams. Should be fun. Many are picking Nashville to win it all. Yay, catfish for everyone.

I have Vegas taking it all if they get past LA.
Nashville is good, but there's something about Vegas that is clicking.

If our D tigthens up, I like our chances.
A motivated Sid is a dangerous player and I honestly do believe the Pens have 1 or 2 more cup runs

I am comfortable playing philly and the caps. Boston and NJ have our number and tampa / CBJ would be very tough games as well. It would be amazing for the Pens to play Vegas in the finals. If the Pens won I would feel bad for Fleury though. If the Pens get knocked out along the way I will be pulling for Vegas.

If our D tigthens up, I like our chances.
A motivated Sid is a dangerous player and I honestly do believe the Pens have 1 or 2 more cup runs

Pens success will be all about Murray. If he plays like he can, I like our chances.

Huh? Nashville is a machine. You been watching those guys? They remind of the Pens of 2016, except better. They are running teams up and down the ice and wearing them out. They aren't giving up shots on goal or goals, really. To me their biggest weakness is Rinne, and he is having his best season in five years. Vegas has been a nice story, but Nashville learned a lot from last year, and they are healthy this year. Gonna be an extremely tough out for anyone.

I was reading some predictions this morning and a lot of "experts" are taking the Kings. I mean, I was surprised how many are not giving VGK a chance.

There are a lot of really good series in the first round and I plan on watching as much as I can. I want to see Winnipeg, as they are getting a lot of love for being a well-rounded, dangerous team. I understand the Pens not getting much attention after the first round because of their D and G, but until they lose a round, they are just as dangerous as anyone. The experience is on their side. One game and series at a time. Got my yard sign at Dicks yesterday. I'm ready!

Pittsburgh Penguins✔@penguins

Coach Sullivan on Brassard: “He had another good practice - it’s really encouraging. We will take each day as it comes.”

Verified account@PensInsideScoop

#Pens lines:

Guentzel-Crosby-Rust
Hagelin-Malkin-Hornqvist
Sheary-Brassard-Kessel
Aston-Reese-Sheahan-Kuhnhackl

Dumoulin-Letang
Maatta-Schultz
Oleksiak-Ruhwedel

-MC

Huh? Nashville is a machine. You been watching those guys? They remind of the Pens of 2016, except better. They are running teams up and down the ice and wearing them out. They aren't giving up shots on goal or goals, really. To me their biggest weakness is Rinne, and he is having his best season in five years. Vegas has been a nice story, but Nashville learned a lot from last year, and they are healthy this year. Gonna be an extremely tough out for anyone.

I think Nashville is the favorite. They were good and got even better at the trade deadline. Pecker Rinne seems to struggle with pressure. If he holds up. I think Nashville wins it all. I do like Vegas and would love to see them play each other.

Yep, follow Nashville and Vegas.
Nashville has the best defensive pairings in the league. They're loaded at center too.

I just think Vegas is gonna be a shock in the west.
Rhinne has been solid, but a few unlucky bounces will break him eventually.

I've been impressed with Vegas' forechecking.

I think Nashville is the favorite. They were good and got even better at the trade deadline. Pecker Rinne seems to struggle with pressure. If he holds up. I think Nashville wins it all. I do like Vegas and would love to see them play each other.

I would LOVE to see that match-up. Nobody in the east is impressive at this point. Maybe Columbus. TB has been trending down since the hot start and Boston has lost 4 out of their last 5 going in to the playoffs. Washington I think can be had and will be eliminated by CBJ. I think the Pens will beat Philly, but I will have no nails left.

Yep, follow Nashville and Vegas.
Nashville has the best defensive pairings in the league. They're loaded at center too.

I just think Vegas is gonna be a shock in the west.
Rhinne has been solid, but a few unlucky bounces will break him eventually.

I've been impressed with Vegas' forechecking.

If it gets that far, I got Nashville in 6.

I'm not crowning anyone. Well not before I see which multiple personality of the Pens show up.

Not only does Murray have to show up, but our leaders do too. We can't have fancy passing, but solid SOGs. Sid has to put this team on his back for us to do this.

Leaving around noon for tonight's fun, 2 1/2 hour drive. With the Big Screen outside, early parking will be crazy. Probably have a couple pregame game beers at Sienna Mercado. Gold Rush inside always gets fans pumped up.

Let's go Pens !

Been chomping at the bit all week. I have that nervous excitement. I'm not taking the Flyers lightly as anything can happen in the playoffs, but I hope our guys show up and often for a quick dismantling. Don't give them any momentum and thoughts that they belong there skating with Sid, Geno, Phil and Letang. No odd-man chances! D has to play smart and no lapses.