• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2017-2018 Pittsburgh Penguins

Let the caps be regular season champs.
I don't think they're that great for a cup run.

Nashville, Vegas or even LA would knock the brakes off of Washington.
Oshie is lucky Geno is more of a hugger. Little dutch looking boy hasn't had someone pop him a good one.

The caps would stop their post whistle shenanigans if Oleksiak and co hit back a bit.
I'm starting to think the Pens are really holding out until the playoffs.

Yeah pretty much. Their goalie won that game for them last night point blank. That's the sum of it. It happens. I'm good with it. The Pens could have easily put 5-6 in if not for that goalie playing lights out.

IF ?

We had Reaves
Hornqvist would drop the gloves, rather than throwing tantrums
Murray still had Fleury whispering in his ear
The powerplay had just a little luck

Can't fault the effort, it was there most of the night. Grubauer had the game of his career. Like I've said, we need to score 4 to win. Finesse is good but the pens lack that physical push back. The BJ game is going to have some meaning and we'll see how that goes. The tougher road to a 3 peat has been chosen. We have done it before.

Reactions: MTC
IF ?

We had Reaves
Hornqvist would drop the gloves, rather than throwing tantrums
Murray still had Fleury whispering in his ear
The powerplay had just a little luck

Can't fault the effort, it was there most of the night. Grubauer had the game of his career. Like I've said, we need to score 4 to win. Finesse is good but the pens lack that physical push back. The BJ game is going to have some meaning and we'll see how that goes. The tougher road to a 3 peat has been chosen. We have done it before.

Grubauer played lights out.
Cannot blame the Pens on that.
I thought the Pens looked decent actually.

However I'm not concerned about seeding.
The Pens slept walked first half of the season, played lights out when needed and slept walked in a non panic situation.

To me, that leads to them saving stuff for the playoffs.
Like you though I do miss that physicality. I was mad about losing Cole and Reaves(still am)

But whats done is done.
Tough playoff road ahead but the Pens are capable

I missed the first 2 periods of the game but Grubauer looked like the difference in the game to me too.

Hopefully they don't play him in a 7 game series if they meet, but even if they did I still have to see the Caps beat the Pens in a 7 game series to belive it.

And Geno is pissed. A pissed off Geno is a good thing too.

However I'm not concerned about seeding.
The Pens slept walked first half of the season, played lights out when needed and slept walked in a non panic situation.

To me, that leads to them saving stuff for the playoffs.
Like you though I do miss that physicality. I was mad about losing Cole and Reaves(still am)

But whats done is done.
Tough playoff road ahead but the Pens are capable

I'll hold off commenting more on the seating until after the BJ's game.

Winner of this next game should have home ice in the series. Loser could drop to the low WC. That's crazy...

Reactions: MTC
Looks like all the games will be on Directv

The goal was lucky, but the passing on that goal was elite. Great play by the BJs

Amazing game. Playoff hockey a week early. Those flip goals are a concern. Murray shouldn't be letting those flutter pucks in.

2 goals given up on just 10 shots. Now we have 2 as well,so even steven is semi ok.

Plenty of ways to watch the Pens for free.

Well I just be out of the free stuff loop because I really don't know any. I haven't looked either,so that is the problem..haha. I used to just pull the radio feed when I couldn't see them.

I refuse to give direct tv any more money for yet another handful of sports channels that are not available to me. I always have radio.

Lol.
I bite and buy the center ice package.
I try to watch as much games as I can.
Somedays I need a hockey break.
O.o

Lol.
I bite and buy the center ice package.
I try to watch as much games as I can.
Somedays I need a hockey break.
O.o

See I would just watch the Pens. Just like the Steelers. I wish they had a deal for 1 team to watch.