• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2017-2018 Pittsburgh Penguins

See I would just watch the Pens. Just like the Steelers. I wish they had a deal for 1 team to watch.

I watch Nashville, Vegas(Pens aside) and sometimes Detroit and LA.

If Pens are ever out of the race.
I'd root for Vegas or Nashville to take it.

I'm Pens all the way though.
So screw the other teams for now

The best wrist shot in hockey. Kessel is the man!

Now the standings are ******* crazy with one game to play.

Pens in 2nd
CBJ 3rd 1pt back
NJ 4th 1pt back
PHL 5th 2pts back

Holy ******* ****!

Still need to beat Ottawa to clinch #2. I know we have the tie break on CBJ, but I don't think we have it with the Devils. Have to win!

See I would just watch the Pens. Just like the Steelers. I wish they had a deal for 1 team to watch.

I think nhl.tv does a single team package.
I remember Djfan sending me a website awhile back for free games.
But I do the center ice

The best wrist shot in hockey. Kessel is the man!

Now the standings are ******* crazy with one game to play.

Pens in 2nd
CBJ 3rd 1pt back
NJ 4th 1pt back
PHL 5th 2pts back

Holy ******* ****!

Still need to beat Ottawa to clinch #2. I know we have the tie break on CBJ, but I don't think we have it with the Devils. Have to win!

Eh. I'd sit Sid and Malkin.
Pens will be ok for the playoffs

I watch Nashville, Vegas(Pens aside) and sometimes Detroit and LA.

If Pens are ever out of the race.
I'd root for Vegas or Nashville to take it.

I'm Pens all the way though.
So screw the other teams for now

Nothing wrong with that. For me when the Pens go down,my tv goes off.

Reactions: MTC
I think nhl.tv does a single team package.
I remember Djfan sending me a website awhile back for free games.
But I do the center ice

Maybe next year. Now if I lived in western pa again I'd get season tickets. The last Pens game I went to in Pittsburgh was in the Civic Arena Igloo. God awful wooden seats.

Nothing wrong with that. For me when the Pens go down,my tv goes off.

My wife's brother in law is a huuuge Preds fan.
So it's nice to watch hockey with someone.

And Vegas grew on me this season. Pens west lol.

Grew fond of the Red Wings after playing them in 2008 and 2009.
Respected Osgood.

LA. Wife claims she's a Pens fan.
But she's originally from SoCal so we tuned in for their cup wins

Florida is playing like a playoff team. Buzzing hard, winning loose pucks, and just scored to take the lead!

Florida is playing like a playoff team. Buzzing hard, winning loose pucks, and just scored to take the lead!

Luongo is been a wall for a the past few months.
I think FL has some Pittsburgh kid playing for them. Dude is a gamer

Trochek is his name

Florida is killing it. 3 lone breaks since the goal. Outshooting Boston by 11 shots. And Boston needs to win for home ice.

Florida hangs on for the win. Really exciting ending. Have to win out and have the Flyers lose to make the playoffs on a tie break.

THAT was one of the best hockey games I've seen in some time.

Seeding still coming down to final game.....who do we really want?

We know we gonna have to score more than 4 goals every game

I'd want to see Philly in the first round. They have talent, but their goalie situation is in flux. We should dispose of them in 5 or 6 games. I'm not really scared of any team, but a repeat of last year wouldn't be a bad thing. Nice first round, tough second and hard fought third to get to the SCF.

Would love to see the Pens win a third cup in a row, but I don't see them getting out of round two, providing they get that far. It was a good run, but I just don't think they have the horses for another one.

I tend to agree with you Sarge, as there's more teams that are a lot better this year: TB, BOS, WASH and then there are teams that can give the Pens some tough fits: NJ, CBS, TOR, FLA. Until Sully, Murray & Co lose a round, they have a chance to 3Peat. I'm not saying they will, but I'm not saying they will not.

Last edited:
I counted them out a couple times last year and they pulled through. The goal tending really makes me nervous this year. Murray is not the same since he came back

Dont think they can win another cup having to score 5+ to win games in the playoffs either. I still hold out hope that Murray starts tightening things up and at least starts holding teams to a couple goals with regularity.

He let a couple through that were pretty soft last night and was out of place a few times. Then he turns around and looks like the Murray that won 2 cups a few shots later.

Come on Matt, flip the switch!