• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2017-2018 Pittsburgh Penguins

Impressive game. Got to get ready for Friday night. Philly is going to be pissed and I expect a different game. Enjoying this *** whippin'! Cannot let up during this series.

Definitely need to match Philly's urgency next game.
Doesn't have to be a high scoring shut out like tonight, but by all means continue to dismantle Philly.

We need to head out east with a 2-0 series lead.
Don't retaliate and match their physicality through play.

Oleksiak and Letang can take and dish it out cleanly

Well, didn’t see that coming. Awesome game by the Pens.

Well that about as good of a start as we could have hoped for! Murray getting the shutout was huge too. Big confidence boost to start the playoffs.

Still have to win 3 more though and I worry about the cheap shots from the Flyers if they get too far behind in the series.

Well that was a statement if ever I saw one. That could have easily been 10-11 goals. Murray is playing exactly the way he needs to play. That **** was fun to watch. Glad they got the shutout.

Not much to say after that what an *** whooping. I think this was definitely a statement game and sends a huge message to the rest of the league. Flyers are going to be pissed and desperate next game and I just hope we dont get over confident. I think this team is experienced enough to not let that happen though.

I expect runs at Murray and our Dmen. They were already going after Horny. Philly will get nasty. No way they sit back and watch the Pens skate circles around them for another 60 minutes and get embarrassed again. The Pens are capable of repeating that *** beating, but if Philly has any chance in this series, they need to totally revamp their mindset and get dirty.

MM is back! Awesome game. Playoff mode! My Vegas bet will pay $700, let’s do this!

Last edited:
What a fantastic atmosphere at PPG last night ! Almost no orange, maybe to or three. It was LOUD. Wife and I had a blast.

Murray picked up where he left off in playoff play. That's 3 freaking Shutouts in a row !

Sid scores a lacrosse goal and a hat trick, Geno scores almost end to end, Guentzel continues to be a playoff warrior. 11 different Pens have points.

The Geno , Geno ! chanting was awesome. You knew when he wouldn't talk to the press what was going to happen.

Playoff D stepped up. Shot blocking helped Murray immensely.

Awesome game to attend. All that said, it's one game. Can the Pens hold the intensity and focus ? We will see Friday !

What a fantastic atmosphere at PPG last night ! Almost no orange, maybe to or three. It was LOUD. Wife and I had a blast.

Murray picked up where he left off in playoff play. That's 3 freaking Shutouts in a row !

Sid scores a lacrosse goal and a hat trick, Geno scores almost end to end, Guentzel continues to be a playoff warrior. 11 different Pens have points.

The Geno , Geno ! chanting was awesome. You knew when he wouldn't talk to the press what was going to happen.

Playoff D stepped up. Shot blocking helped Murray immensely.

Awesome game to attend. All that said, it's one game. Can the Pens hold the intensity and focus ? We will see Friday !

You're a lucky dog! Those are great memories to have. Not only a pasting of a hated rival,but a hat trick and a shutout too. Awesome stuff.

Dacn6IpX4AAygcP.jpg

im glad the Flyers fired Laviolette and hired this guy...

Dave Hakstol said his first instinct is to start Brian Elliott in Game 2.

I expect runs at Murray and our Dmen. They were already going after Horny. Philly will get nasty. No way they sit back and watch the Pens skate circles around them for another 60 minutes and get embarrassed again. The Pens are capable of repeating that *** beating, but if Philly has any chance in this series, they need to totally revamp their mindset and get dirty.

Hornqvist, Dumoulin and Oleksiak were being targeted last night.
Wayne Simmonds settled down when Oleksiak got in his face. Big Rig vs Wayne Train. I got money on Big Rig.

None of the flyers dirty antics scare me as in years past when guys like Hartnell or Rinaldo wouldn intentionally try to injure a guy.
The Pens under Sullivan do a good job of not retaliating. Now I do get there's only so much dirty antics you can put up with before you drop the gloves. If the Pens stay focused and bring that intensity next game.

I see no reason moving past Philly quickly.
They'll be out for blood, but I do think the Pens exposed them

Dacn6IpX4AAygcP.jpg

im glad the Flyers fired Laviolette and hired this guy...

Dave Hakstol said his first instinct is to start Brian Elliott in Game 2.

Probably just media speak. I would be shocked if Elliott starts again

CBJ intentionally rested Bobrovsky and starters to avoid the Pens and play the Caps. They got the better matchup and they took the first game. They should take the series!

Leaving at noon for the game tonight. Wife wants to stop at Dicks Sporting Goods to pick up yard signs. With the nice temperatures we will walk down to The Yard for a pre-game meal. Lots going on in front of PPG Arena to keep us occupied until the gates open.

If this game is anything like Wednesday. It will be an awesome road trip.

3elieve !

If the Craps don't make it out of the first round, Coach NoNeck will be be toast. Columbus will not go down quietly. Cole will help them take a page out of the Pens' book.

Looking forward to tonight. Going up 2-0 would be great!