• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2017-2018 Pittsburgh Penguins

All I heard today is "oh yea its over, its over...." This team can kill someone one night and lose to a sub .500 team the next night as we have seen too many times this year.

Tonight Elliott is better than Murray and the Pens cant find the back of the net....

Simple as that.

All I heard today is "oh yea its over, its over...." This team can kill someone one night and lose to a sub .500 team the next night as we have seen too many times this year.

Tonight Elliott is better than Murray and the Pens cant find the back of the net....

Simple as that.

The roster at this point is too complacent and feeds into the hype right away.
When they're motivated and hungry they're dangerous as can be.

Effort was there tonight game wise. Elliot held up against us tonight.
Lucky bounces too.

Stupid penalty by Hornqvist

Hornqvist needs to settle the **** down. Cannot take anymore penalties

These refs blow more than a hooker in a windstorm.

Hornqvist has a face of steel.
Damn! We'll get 'em in Phily

Hornqvist needs to settle the **** down. Cannot take anymore penalties

he does, he is losing control. Well, he lost it and now is gone for 10 min.

They have to stop looking for the perfect pass and shot. Too much passing. Philly is providing the blueprint to how to dismantle them off their game. Sunday, I expect more of the same in Philthadelphia.

Reactions: MTC
That was very Bylsma-esque, retaliation type play.
Sullivan needs to get in their heads. Like Hornqvist' fire, but be smart.

Recharge for Sunday. Not worried

Not worried either, but they can't take stupid, undisciplined penalties. The Pens played with some fire, but couldn't match the Flyers intensity. Sid missed some quality chances and seemed off. His passing was lackluster and gave the puck away too many times. Very unSidlike. They will regroup and should be more focused in Philly. Sully will have them ready. If not, the series will take an ugly turn and it will be a long series. They need to dispose of the Flyers quickly.

Don't let them goon you out of your game. I doubt their goalie will pull a horseshoe out of his *** Sunday .

Not worried either, but they can't take stupid, undisciplined penalties. The Pens played with some fire, but couldn't match the Flyers intensity. Sid missed some quality chances and seemed off. His passing was lackluster and gave the puck away too many times. Very unSidlike. They will regroup and should be more focused in Philly. Sully will have them ready. If not, the series will take an ugly turn and it will be a long series. They need to dispose of the Flyers quickly.

The stupidity and undisciplined attitude is what cost us tonight.
There will be some off games from time to time by Sid.

If he got that breakaway and PP goal, that would change momentum.
I'm still confident in this series based on Sullivan alone. The guys know what needs to be done

Terrible D performance. The O had its chances but couldn't get past their goalie. Not sure what Malkin was doing last night on the PP but I lost track of how many times he screwed up and let the puck leave the zone.

loved the 7-0 win on Wed, but it looked like they thought Philly wouldn't show up last night. Everyone and their mother knew Philly would raise their game. The Pens did not. Have to bring it tomorrow. Losing Letang messed them up. Their D was in shambles and couldn't recover. They will re-focus.

Pens didn't get the bounces, Flyers did.
Elliott didn't implode.
No sustained offensive pressure, very few scoring chances. The ones we had should have been goals. Murray wasn't the reason we lost, but it wasn't his best game.

Next

I kinda figured something like last night was going to happen. Crosby had 2 big misses. The breakaway then he missed a easy wide open net. If either one goes in i think that it's a whole new game. The D or Murray was not sharp either so they definitely need to pick it up next game

Had fun last evening right up until Murray let the first goal in. The area around PPG was a blast. We decided to have beers and pizza at Buford's Kitchen. Beer was cold, pizza was good and Pen's fans were a lot of fun. The grass in front of PPG was covered with fans waiting for the big screen. All kinds of activities to kill some time and drink a little more beer. We got our T-shirts and towels and got game ready. A little more orange in the stands than what I would have liked. Fan energy lasted longer than I expected.

There was more action behind the puck than with the puck. The Pens we constantly looking over their shoulders. They were tentative about everything they did, special teams were horrible. PK couldn't clear the front of the net, PP made 9000 passes per shot. Sid was over thinking every play. He blew a breakaway and a chip shot at an open net. Kessel continues to be invisible. Horny lost focus after his goal. I love his drive and energy but it has to be focused.

Letang went off after the Giroux hit and even when he came back wasn't fully active. I thought the hit was dirty. The Hornqvist embellishment penalty was a joke.

The Pens had their chances. Outshot the Flyers by a wide margin, hit 3 posts. They lost because they didn't execute and because the Flyers pushed and shoved them off their game. Think back to the first 1/3 of the season, that's why they lost. They didn't block shots on D, what little D that did show up. Sid scores on the two big missed opportunities, it would have been over.

They say it's not over until the fat lady sings. I'm concerned because I've been to Philly and trust me there are a lot of fat ladies. We have our work cut out for us the next two games. I still 3elive ! ! !

Here we go. Game 3. Chances will be there, just gotta cash in today.

Ah yes, the crowd is chanting Crosby sucks before the puck is even dropped. Served them well in the past, they should keep that up.