• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2017-2018 Pittsburgh Penguins

Pens need to get past the bad calls and start playing tough playoff hockey like we know they are capable of. Looked like they were pretty much just going through the motions today especially in the first.

Once the game gets physical the Pens tend to play scared.
Having the skill to score is great, but the team does need a bit of grit. Not saying to turn into a goon squad, but to have more confidence in their game.

The caps win was cheap and had me fuming all day yesterday. I know the Pens can light these wankers up.
I expect a better outcome in our home turf

Reactions: JMM
I'm still a little pissed off this morning.

It was a damn goal. No question. The fact that the NHL doesn't have definitive video is bullshit. There were 12 minutes left at this point and the Pens were rolling. The hit on Dumo was the usual Tom Wilson. You can see the shoulder aimed at the head. In old time hockey it was just part of the game but the NHL stopped that years ago. Wilson is a multiple time offender and he needs to be suspended.

Sprong skated warm ups and I thought he was going to play. I liked the idea at the time. Defensively he would have been a liability. Without Malkin and Hags, the 2nd and third lines have no push. They got a few chances but can't close. ZAR is becoming a disappointment. I thought he would contribute but I think the game was way too fast for him. Same for Simon.

Lots of Black and Gold in the stands. There were times the Pens fans were louder than the caps. We were lucky that the caps fans we sat around were normal. Almost afraid the bottom was going to drop on them. The pregame at PPG is so much better. The concessions at PPG are better. The 50/50 at PPG is better.

I hope Dumo is OK because we need him. Getting Malkin and Hags back may be enogh. The Pens are the better team. (except for the first minute of almost every game).

Wish I could go Tuesday. I have to wait until Thursday.

It was a damn goal. No question. The fact that the NHL doesn't have definitive video is bullshit. There were 12 minutes left at this point and the Pens were rolling. The hit on Dumo was the usual Tom Wilson. You can see the shoulder aimed at the head. In old time hockey it was just part of the game but the NHL stopped that years ago. Wilson is a multiple time offender and he needs to be suspended.

Sprong skated warm ups and I thought he was going to play. I liked the idea at the time. Defensively he would have been a liability. Without Malkin and Hags, the 2nd and third lines have no push. They got a few chances but can't close. ZAR is becoming a disappointment. I thought he would contribute but I think the game was way too fast for him. Same for Simon.

Lots of Black and Gold in the stands. There were times the Pens fans were louder than the caps. We were lucky that the caps fans we sat around were normal. Almost afraid the bottom was going to drop on them. The pregame at PPG is so much better. The concessions at PPG are better. The 50/50 at PPG is better.

I hope Dumo is OK because we need him. Getting Malkin and Hags back may be enogh. The Pens are the better team. (except for the first minute of almost every game).

Did you notice they showed no replay video of anything other than Caps plays on the jumbo tron? Maybe that's the norm for all arenas. No replays of the goal that should have been from what I recall. Fans around us were normal too. I think it's just their players who are schmucks for the most part.

Did you notice they showed no replay video of anything other than Caps plays on the jumbo tron? Maybe that's the norm for all arenas. No replays of the goal that should have been from what I recall. Fans around us were normal too. I think it's just their players who are schmucks for the most part.

We were all talking about that last night. I've been to caps/Pens there many times and it was never like this.

No discipline hearing for Tom Wilson. No. No. NHL says it is Dumo's fault. He turned his head. You gotta be ******** me. A blind person could see Wilson throw his shoulder into Dumo's head. Ridiculous.

https://twitter.com/SWhyno/status/9...or-hit&tfw_creator=triblive&tfw_site=triblive

All you have to do is watch how he loaded his shoulder. Pens need to stay focus on scoring and not knocking Wilson out. Win and kick his *** in the last 2 minutes of our series win.

Dumo skated today with a no contact jersey on at practice. Same with Hags. Geno had a normal practice.

The Pens need to bounce them out of the playoffs. That will be their retribution. Send their ***** to the golf courses. Guys like Kuhnhackl, Rust, Aston-Reese and Rowney needs to take runs at some of their players. Keep it clean, but inflict pain on Backstrom, Niskanen and Kuznetsov. Take 'em down to the paradise city.

I would have broke my stick over that guys ******* head. Hey it's just old time hockey. They didn't call **** or discipline Wilson. You know having Reaves would be nice right about now. They sure screwed the pooch on that.

Dumo skated today with a no contact jersey on at practice. Same with Hags. Geno had a normal practice.
I see Hags was wearing a full face visor on his helmet. I am beginning to think a broken jaw. But he was skating, so that is progress. I would be surprised to see him play this series.

Sent from my [device_name] using Steeler Nation mobile app

Reactions: MTC
I would have broke my stick over that guys ******* head. Hey it's just old time hockey. They didn't call **** or discipline Wilson. You know having Reaves would be nice right about now. They sure screwed the pooch on that.

^
This

I'm still pissed lol.
#JusticeForDumo

I'm really into this series. I almost Polamalu'd the tv

I see Hags was wearing a full face visor on his helmet. I am beginning to think a broken jaw. But he was skating, so that is progress. I would be surprised to see him play this series.

Sent from my [device_name] using Steeler Nation mobile app

Sid played with a broken jaw. I can see Hags coming back soon. Especially if he's skating

I thought it was just in my head when I heard "Let's Go Pens!" a couple of times.

So many Yankees and Canukistanis down here, Pens, Bruins, Rangers and Habs games can get like that here.

I'm ready for tonight. Really hoping the boys come out flying and blow their doors off. The Pens do get stronger as the game goes on, but they need a strong start and put those shitheads on their heels.

If the pens come out as pissed off as the fans we will be inn good shape

Malkin, Dumo , Hagelin all game time decisions....Hag only one no contact

Dumo and Malkin skating?
Positive sign. Hope Malkin is ready to come back with a vengeance

You can count me in the "hopeful but not holding my breath" category after the last game.

Reactions: MTC
You can count me in the "hopeful but not holding my breath" category after the last game.

Pens will be alright. I believe they can get past this series.
Bos/TB will probably beat us though

One game at a time

No matter who plays tonight they need to be 1000% better than the shitshow that was Sunday afternoon.

Home ice is now vital, we need to go back to Washington ahead in the series, put all the pressure onto the Caps.