• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2021 Draft Profile: Oklahoma’s Creed Humphrey

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
The Pittsburgh Steelers long-time center, Maurkice Pouncey announced his retirement this offseason. This move leaves a giant hole on the offensive line that the Steelers haven’t had to fill in quite some time. The Steelers could look to free agency to fill the need with a veteran center to come in replace Pouncey this season, but the team needs a long-term solution at the position. Therefore, the team should look to the NFL Draft in April to fill this need. There are currently 60 days until the draft gets underway, and there are several options at this position of need the Steelers could look to add, but the spotlight for this article will be on a particular Oklahoma center.

Creed Humphrey (Center) Oklahoma, Junior​

Humphrey measures in at 6’5”, 312lbs. If the Steelers want a long-term solution to the hole at center, they should look no further than Oklahoma’s, Creed Humphrey.

Pros:

Humphrey is an intelligent, big bodied interior offensive lineman with plenty of experience. Humphrey has started 37 games in his career at Oklahoma. We all know the Steelers love to draft prospects with plenty of experience. He is big, strong, and physical — which is exactly what the Steelers are looking for while revamping the offensive line. The team must get the run game going and a plug and play center like Humphrey fills that need potentially for years to come. Humphrey has the ability to toss defenders like rag dolls when he gets his hands on them.

Cons:

Not a lot of negatives in Humphrey’s play from his career. He has continuously progressed each year at Oklahoma. He isn’t the most athletic guy on the offensive line and his hand placement can be an issue at times, but not very often. As a limited athlete, Humphrey compensates with his high level football IQ.

Check out some highlights from Humphrey’s time at the Senior Bowl.

What do you think of Oklahoma’s Creed Humphrey? Sound off in the comment section below, or on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!

#SteelerNation

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

Not sure value is there at C for anyone in round one. Not sitting at 24 at least. You go T or OLB or QB or RB or WR. Now obviously WR isn't a high need so things being equal they probably would go T or RB. Not sure Creed would be my choice give me Hill 10 out of ten times. Creed looks like a fringe starter to me. Not a ten year starter. I wouldn't take him before Rd 3. Only two C's I take in 2 are Hill or Myers. Dickerson would be at least a 3rd for me with his extensive injury history. Steelers might even view him lower than that a 4th or a 5th. Prospects have slid for less.....

Limited athlete has me a little concerned since the Steelers have traditionally had terrific athletes at center. However, with the big, powerful DLs we’re now seeing, they may want a stouter presence in the center. I don’t see any first-round prospects in this draft. Ideally they can find an answer in the third or fourth round while addressing LT and RB in the first two.

I like this guy and hope he is there in round two. Big, strong, physical, just what the doctor ordered. This after we have grabbed Leatherwood in round one for LT. Add those two monsters with Big Dot and De Castro at the guards, all we need to fix is RT. I'm not sold on Banner who has been nothing more than journeyman to this point. If we have any money to spend we could dab in F/A and let Banner and the new guy fight it out. Third round I grab my RB. Would even try moving up to top of third where we should be able to get a solid back. Possibly dive into F/A there too but who knows what our cap situation will look like. They need to start shaving off some of these older guys to reduce the cap.