• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2nd amendment may say the right to bear arms, you just can't, you know...bear them

Time to build a wall around California.

The San Diego Sheriff's Department said Thursday that since the 9th Circuit tossed out the law two years ago, it has received 2,463 applications from people seeking a concealed-weapon permit without having to show good cause.

Sheriff's lawyer Robert Faigan said the department hasn't processed those applications and will continue to hold on to them while it waits to see what the Supreme Court does.

Government ... all about protecting the people.

Or their own ******* paycheck. I forget.

Its the latter, but unfortunately by the time most adults come of age to see the light, their voice is being championed by the masses of youth and folks who want something for nothing, and then throw in the influence from mass media and the entertainment industry. All adds up to Lights out Loretta, this country is getting ready to roll (over and die).

Why conceal? If its for protection, then show would seem more preventive.

giphy.gif

You think CA is leaning towards open carry?

Frankly, I prefer concealed. Best to keep the bad guys guessing as to who to take out first.

Frankly, I prefer concealed. Best to keep the bad guys guessing as to who to take out first.

But I'm sure that isn't the rationale behind the law, so why conceal, in any state? I think AZ had open carry as of 1993 at least, or still does?

But I'm sure that isn't the rationale behind the law, so why conceal, in any state?

Because that is the only way the State's will 'let' us exercise our rights? I'd guess it was a compromise from gun rights folks, but it is just a guess.

I'm not sure that the requirement to keep it covered is any kind of suppression, but that would depend upon how far they carry that, I suppose. It used to be that 'printing' here was a violation. That is ridiculous. Leaning over to pick up something where your shirt rides up to unconceal would be a ridiculous violation, too.

I think Vermont has open carry with no permit required. May be NH?

Not always. If the bad guys don't know who is strapped, they will be less likely to commit crimes because they never know who might whip out a 9mm.

Because that is the only way the State's will 'let' us exercise our rights? I'd guess it was a compromise from gun rights folks, but it is just a guess.

I'm not sure that the requirement to keep it covered is any kind of suppression, but that would depend upon how far they carry that, I suppose. It used to be that 'printing' here was a violation. That is ridiculous. Leaning over to pick up something where your shirt rides up to unconceal would be a ridiculous violation, too.

I think Vermont has open carry with no permit required. May be NH?

North Carolina has open carry without a permit. I carry all the time when I am in Fayetteville.

North Carolina has open carry without a permit. I carry all the time when I am in Fayetteville.

I had read that there is some place that has open carry, but you cannot concealed carry there, unless you have a special permit for that.

But I'm sure that isn't the rationale behind the law, so why conceal, in any state? I think AZ had open carry as of 1993 at least, or still does?

That's the reality here in WY

While I support the 2nd amendment, I would be okay with the following:

Any 1st generation American or non-USA citizen here under work permit on the FBI terror watch list shall not be able to purchase arms.

I think assault rifles are here and will always be here. Pandora's Box is open and there's 5 million AR-15s out there already. Maybe make it more difficult to get them; courses, licenses, longer wait time...whatever. But they ain't going anywhere.

I think assault rifles are here and will always be here. Pandora's Box is open and there's 5 million AR-15s out there already. Maybe make it more difficult to get them; courses, licenses, longer wait time...whatever. But they ain't going anywhere.

and they aren't "assault rifles", for what that is worth. they function no differently than a semi-automatic shotgun or pistol.

While I support the 2nd amendment, I would be okay with the following:

Any 1st generation American or non-USA citizen here under work permit on the FBI terror watch list shall not be able to purchase arms.

Except you can get on the FBI terror watch list without even knowing you are on it and without a chance to prove you should not be, which, of course, you shouldn't have to do in the first place. Same thing with the bullshit No-Fly list. If you want to take someone's rights, you should have to do more than put them on a list.

this is still America...do what you want. I have many guns, don't have a concealed permit, but.....

get so tired, everytime an ******* does something, they point to him being allowed to have a weapon. Why didn't anyone, or multiple people, try and stop him?

Can only face one direction, when firing...

Open carry is legal in a lot of states. Just people freak out and think this may be the next unhinged gunman, everytime they see a gun.