• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Game Balls Game Goats & FU's...........vs Jaguars.........week 8.....

I doubt Kenny even plays Thursday.

No fan should be ever fooled by a good off-season going forward without a coaching change. It is showing what it habitually has been. A substandard standard, a standard of substandard.

Where the lab meets the nutty professor with an opposite result. The face stays buck toothed and baked. It might shake along the way thinking it is about to morph, then it goes back to that ugly..ugly.

I think Henry may get 200 yards on them and Hopkins will torch them as well. Levis had 4 td passes yesterday.

I think Henry may get 200 yards on them and Hopkins will torch them as well. Levis had 4 td passes yesterday.
Mitch will have two INTs, at least four WTF moments followed by a whole game of Canada crayon scribbles. Then late in the fourth quarter Rudy the red nosed third stringer will drive the team down the field for a hard earned field goal.

The team will do just fine if they hire a VERY good defensive mind, and also hire an OC that is elite, on the level of a Mike McDaniel or Brian Schottenheimer. Those coaches are not coming to Pittsburgh with the current coach because they know Tomlin runs things his way and that way is to diddle-fart around on offense and await "splash plays" on defense.
Here is the problem with not hiring a top OC as hC who calls the plays.You get a great OC that you can put a championship caliber team together with. How long o you keep him? You can get an old fart DC that us yours forever.

Interesting.
The Steelers weren't even capable of mediocre for the entirety of their beginning. Then Chuck comes along and helps build a championship organization. Not just a team, mind you, but an entire organization based on fundamental standards and practices.

In time, Chuck is spent and it's time to bring in a new guy, Bill. Bill inherits not only a sound organization, but a decent core team as well to build upon.

Years pass and the "Steeler Way" becomes simply engrained in our consciousness. While they struggle to win championships, at least they find themselves in the thick of the hunt year after year.

Eventually Bill is spent too, and a new guy, Mike comes in. Again, with the benefit of a fairly well-built core team.

Mike along with some front office changes adopt a new mindset so they can thrive in the "new NFL". They begin mothballing some of those foundational principles for more updated notions of how a team and organization should be run.

Over time, the team begins to falter, more and more obviously. Eventually neither the team nor the organization have any clear identity.

As Mike's time to go approaches, there will be no stacked team to leave for the next guy, nor a solid organization with a principled plan.

In short, echoing something Sarge mentioned the other day... They're becoming the Browns.

Right, and Ive seen Daniels and Seumalo both look equally lost… but none of these guys looked this pathetic before they got here… so either our scheme is confusing mentally , impossible physically, poorly assembled or any combination of those or someone should be checking the Steelers locker room for a Carbon Monoxide leak
Is there CO2 mixed in with all of the hot air coming out of Tomlin's mouth?

First 4 possessions of the game, total offense 9 yards. How come our defense is gassed, never a rest in between possessions. Players get hurt when tired——— look at all the injuries to the “D”.

YET Tomlin doesn’t think there is anything wrong with the “O”. First 4 possessions——— 9 yards and nothing is wrong ???
The standard is the standard.

" the early portions of the game don't determine the outcome of the game"
- Mike Tomlin
Spoken like the guy whose team is basically forfeited every first quarter of the season. Every point matters dip ****.
Did he actually say that? 😂. Dude is dumber than I thought and I thought he was about on the level of a ham sandwich.

Its a Prime Time game at home...

Correct me if I'm wrong but we haven't lost one of these in decades?

Did he actually say that? 😂. Dude is dumber than I thought and I thought he was about on the level of a ham sandwich.
"The early portions of the game doesn't decide the outcome of the game. It usually doesn't. It didn't today."
Direct QUOTE
-Mike Tomlin