• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Game Balls Game Goats & FU's...........vs Jaguars.........week 8.....

I just posted elsewhere that those ufa IOL guys all struggling is 1000% proof that this is all in scheme and gameplanning, because honestly Guard and Center are not considered hard positions to play… they showed they could do it elsewhere… one flopping here might happen, but all 3? That’s systemic… coupled with how dotson and Green looked elsewhere…. Yeah we have a scheme issue…

The Steelers aren’t anything I recognize as a championship caliber team or even a winning team. They look more like the browns than the browns.

Apparently all those great and wonderful moves by Kahn weren’t so great and wonderful after all. Maybe there’s a reason the team was reluctant to move on from Colbert’s version of mediocrity.
But, have they though? Moved on I mean.

Id like to hear pat petes perspective when he is done. Because you wont get an honest one right now. But he was all pro and played different schemes. Not conviced it isnt scheme on defense too.

I just posted elsewhere that those ufa IOL guys all struggling is 1000% proof that this is all in scheme and gameplanning, because honestly Guard and Center are not considered hard positions to play… they showed they could do it elsewhere… one flopping here might happen, but all 3? That’s systemic… coupled with how dotson and Green looked elsewhere…. Yeah we have a scheme issue…

Maybe , but i focused on Mason cole today.. Aside from the shoestring snaps to Tribisky, he looked lost and well, just ******. I mean , all the time.. I couldnt find plays where i could say wow that was good.

Maybe , but i focused on Mason cole today.. Aside from the shoestring snaps to Tribisky, he looked lost and well, just ******. I mean , all the time.. I couldnt find plays where i could say wow that was good.
Right, and Ive seen Daniels and Seumalo both look equally lost… but none of these guys looked this pathetic before they got here… so either our scheme is confusing mentally , impossible physically, poorly assembled or any combination of those or someone should be checking the Steelers locker room for a Carbon Monoxide leak

Can say that for most of our players on the OL. On any given play, our OL is letting players run right by them while they look around lost. The end result....our QBs getting rocked consistently...and our RBs getting hit behind the LOS also consistently.

" the early portions of the game don't determine the outcome of the game"
- Mike Tomlin
Spoken like the guy whose team is basically forfeited every first quarter of the season. Every point matters dip ****.
Is this a real quote? From a coach whose team struggles to get a first down in the first quarter each week and doesn’t get 100 yards of offense until midway through the third quarter.

The Steelers aren’t anything I recognize as a championship caliber team or even a winning team. They look more like the browns than the browns.

Apparently all those great and wonderful moves by Kahn weren’t so great and wonderful after all. Maybe there’s a reason the team was reluctant to move on from Colbert’s version of mediocrity.
I think at least he is trying to field a respectable team. I have to wonder if the pickups would be doing better under different coaches.

- Mike Tomlin
Spoken like the guy whose team is basically forfeited every first quarter of the season. Every point matters dip ****.

I don't even pay attention to what he says. It's a bunch of nonsense anyway. Just rubbish. The product on the field and scheme tells me they all need to go.

This is never reaching championship level with the coaches they have.

I just posted elsewhere that those ufa IOL guys all struggling is 1000% proof that this is all in scheme and gameplanning, because honestly Guard and Center are not considered hard positions to play… they showed they could do it elsewhere… one flopping here might happen, but all 3? That’s systemic…
Munch could take a DE off the castoff scrap heap and turn him into a solid starter at LT

Meyer can take two of the top rated free agent guards (Daniels and Seumalo) and turn them into sieves in the interior of the line.

Have to agree that systemic issues reign supreme in Pittsburgh

I don’t even know what the hell they were thinking bringing in Cole. Dude was subpar C for Min, somehow we decide we need to overpay for that hot garbage…oh well not like this franchise has ever had any good centers or a standard there to wreck

How many games is it this year when I have to hear something like "the Steelers are still looking for their first first down of the game" in the second quarter? Is it 3? 4? I've lost count. At least it's less than the number of times I've had to look at that asshat offensive coordinator that they insist on putting on camera every single week.

First 4 possessions of the game, total offense 9 yards. How come our defense is gassed, never a rest in between possessions. Players get hurt when tired——— look at all the injuries to the “D”.

YET Tomlin doesn’t think there is anything wrong with the “O”. First 4 possessions——— 9 yards and nothing is wrong ???

Salute the nation

- Mike Tomlin

First four possessions——————- 9 TOTAL yards offense.

I heard Tomlin say that and thought, WTF, is this bullshit spewing from his mouth. To actually think you’ve got a chance of a comeback, as part of the game plan, is asinine.

Your “D” is gassed from being on the field continuously, injuries are the testament to that. Pretending the game is starting late in the third quarter is recipes for failure.

Salute the nation

First four possessions——————- 9 TOTAL yards offense.

I heard Tomlin say that and thought, WTF, is this bullshit spewing from his mouth. To actually think you’ve got a chance of a comeback, as part of the game plan, is asinine.

Your “D” is gassed from being on the field continuously, injuries are the testament to that. Pretending the game is starting late in the third quarter is recipes for failure.

Salute the nation
We aren't at the end with Tomlin but I firmly believe the beginning of the end. Even here how many people are left defending this bullshit compared to previous years.

The reality of Mike Tomlins philosophy of football is that all that matters is not turning the ball over and not giving up splash plays. That is why the one turnover in a 3 to 1 turnover margain is all that matters and why they void the middle on defense. And in reality against so so teams it probably works. But will NEVER win against good teams.

That can’t come soon enough, the entire staff. Is there anyone not Tomlinized, that would be kept?

Salute the nation

That can’t come soon enough, the entire staff. Is there anyone not Tomlinized, that would be kept?

Salute the nation
I think there are probably a few good coaches on the staff but they are all Tomlin people. They need a purge. They need a offensive guy that is accountable for the play calling himself. Failed head coaches who can structure good defense are a dime a dozen compared to offensive gurus.
In fact when Tomlin is done if they stick with tradition and look to defensive side of the ball for HC that will fail too. In the modern NFL you need an offensive head coach. That is clear.

I think there are probably a few good coaches on the staff but they are all Tomlin people. They need a purge. They need a offensive guy that is accountable for the play calling himself. Failed head coaches who can structure good defense are a dime a dozen compared to offensive gurus.
Maybe the linebacker coach is up to snuff. Maybe. I dunno I really have nothing.

Each season I get less and less confident in anything higher than a mediocre outcome. They trot out ****** schemes, have no good play callers on either side of the ball, don't know how to distribute player reps.

I mean what does this team do well?

Pass rush?

I don't know how you give the HC anything more than a D - on the season. It is as much as the moves he doesn't make than the ones he does. Just substandard in every aspect.

Maybe the linebacker coach is up to snuff. Maybe. I dunno I really have nothing.

Each season I get less and less confident in anything higher than a mediocre outcome. They trot out ****** schemes, have no good play callers on either side of the ball, don't know how to distribute player reps.

I mean what does this team do well?

Pass rush?

I don't know how you give the HC anything more than a D - on the season. It is as much as the moves he doesn't make than the ones he does. Just substandard in every aspect.

They pass rush well. That's about it. If that rush gets blocked up or the qb gets the ball out quick, they're absolutely screwed. Those big cushions only allow the wideouts and tight ends to get up to speed and make a move. That crap will never fly in the playoffs.

I was reading this morning how the jags defense called out all of our plays on offense. Yes, they are that predictable and don't change ****.

That's been going on for a long time.

I'm beyond words anymore, with Tomlin here there's just zero hope for improvement.

Yeah, I've pretty much checked out in the hope department as well. If it was going to happen it already would have by now.

There's a real good chance they get throttled Thursday night.

I will be surprised if Kenny even survives this season at the going rate. Two concussions,sprained Knee and now a rib injury in his short tenure.

Yeah, I've pretty much checked out in the hope department as well. If it was going to happen it already would have by now.

There's a real good chance they get throttled Thursday night.

I will be surprised if Kenny even survives this season at the going rate. Two concussions,sprained Knee and now a rib injury.
I doubt Kenny even plays Thursday.

No fan should be ever fooled by a good off-season going forward without a coaching change. It is showing what it habitually has been. A substandard standard, a standard of substandard.

Where the lab meets the nutty professor with an opposite result. The face stays buck toothed and baked. It might shake along the way thinking it is about to morph, then it goes back to that ugly..ugly.

In fact when Tomlin is done if they stick with tradition and look to defensive side of the ball for HC that will fail too. In the modern NFL you need an offensive head coach. That is clear.

The team will do just fine if they hire a VERY good defensive mind, and also hire an OC that is elite, on the level of a Mike McDaniel or Brian Schottenheimer. Those coaches are not coming to Pittsburgh with the current coach because they know Tomlin runs things his way and that way is to diddle-fart around on offense and await "splash plays" on defense.