• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2nd amendment outrage

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
A school cafeteria worker with no previous criminal record is gunned down by a policeman at a tail light traffic stop after he announced that he had a legal permit for a concealed weapon in the car. He simply exercised his second amendment right to legally bear arms. Admittedly not every fact has been nearly determined in the case, yet the video of the aftermath from the perspective of the passenger and a nearly hysterical police officer appears pretty damning. Yet I see no threads yet jumping to the man's defense of being a legal gun owner. I wonder why that is...........

Cops will and do sometimes **** up. even tragically. This does still not mean they are all pieces of ****. If this is as cut and dry as it looks he was wrong and should go to jail.

Police get shot every year during traffic stops. We have no idea what occurred before the FB video was taken. Even if you are legally carrying a gun, you can't ignore police instructions not to reach for it. Did this guy do that? We don't know.

Well, he is a thug with many arrests and was fighting back, even on the ground, so when a cop tells you to do something, you might think about doing what he says

New video of the actual shooting

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b11_1467846601#yhfDzFFFvofGiCmj.99

That's a different case I believe. Two black men killed by police in the last couple of days...of course the mobs assume every case is exactly the same...after the riots the facts come out, some cops are at fault, others are completely justified.

That's a different case I believe. Two black men killed by police in the last couple of days...of course the mobs assume every case is exactly the same...after the riots the facts come out, some cops are at fault, others are completely justified.

oh, sorry - I was looking at LA, it's all over the news

•9/09/96 aggravated battery
•10/31/97 2nd degree battery
•1/06/98 simple battery
•5/04/00 public intimidation
•9/20/00 carnal knowledge of a juvenile
•9/04/01 domestic violence
•5/24/05 burglary of an inhabited dwelling place
•7/11/05 receiving stolen things
•9/12/05 burglary of inhabited dwelling place
•3/17/06 simple criminal damage to property, simple robbery, simple theft, drug possession, misrepresentation during booking, simple battery, aggravated battery

maybe next time provide a link when you start a thread, this isn't twitter

Well, he is a thug with many arrests and was fighting back, even on the ground, so when a cop tells you to do something, you might think about doing what he says

New video of the actual shooting

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b11_1467846601#yhfDzFFFvofGiCmj.99

He'd still be alive if he hadn't resisted arrest. And who sells CDs at midnight? Anyway, I think this thread is about the other guy who got shot while sitting in his car.

Here's the link...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3678293/Please-don-t-tell-s-gone-Horrifying-moment-woman-believes-black-boyfriend-died-Minneapolis-cop-shot-four-times-reached-license.html

Last edited:
Police get shot every year during traffic stops. We have no idea what occurred before the FB video was taken. Even if you are legally carrying a gun, you can't ignore police instructions not to reach for it. Did this guy do that? We don't know.
Well what would be the evidence for that. I would say that if he was carrying the weapon in his pocket where his ID was I could accept that. However, I'm pretty sure the cop is not going to say I summarily executed this individual because of his tail light infraction. So yes he will say that he believed the man was going for his gun that he announced that he had legally. In the absence of the police body cam, I guess it will come down to the passengers word vs the policeman's. So I guess then what would you consider to be evidence that he did or did not ignore the policeman;s instructions. The policeman's testimony?

He'd still be alive if he hadn't resisted arrest. And who sells CDs at midnight? Anyway, I think this thread is about the other guy who got shot while sitting in his car.
I have a great deal of issues with the outcry of that case. The individual had a gun in his pocket. He was not completely subdued by the arresting officers. You cannot see the entire video and he could have been reaching for his gun. Furthermore, he was not arrested for selling CD's they were there because he threatened someone with the gun.

Well what would be the evidence for that. I would say that if he was carrying the weapon in his pocket where his ID was I could accept that. However, I'm pretty sure the cop is not going to say I summarily executed this individual because of his tail light infraction. So yes he will say that he believed the man was going for his gun that he announced that he had legally. In the absence of the police body cam, I guess it will come down to the passengers word vs the policeman's. So I guess then what would you consider to be evidence that he did or did not ignore the policeman;s instructions. The policeman's testimony?

Ever hear of the concept of innocent until proven guilty? He doesn't have to prove his innocence. Do you really believe this cop shot this guy for no reason at all, just felt like killing someone that day? Where's your evidence for that?

This case could be anything from gross incompetence (he did not properly instruct the driver on what to do) to self-defense (he told the driver to keep his hands where they were and instead the driver reached towards his gun).

Yes, you listen to the testimony of all parties involved, review any witness statements, any sort of video or audio evidence that might exist, and decide who you believe and who you don't. That's how criminal prosecutions work.

I would imagine the woman's reactions right after the incident would be given a lot of weight...provided she remains a credible witness and doesn't change her story or inconsistencies aren't found.

Last edited:
oh, sorry - I was looking at LA, it's all over the news

•9/09/96 aggravated battery
•10/31/97 2nd degree battery
•1/06/98 simple battery
•5/04/00 public intimidation
•9/20/00 carnal knowledge of a juvenile
•9/04/01 domestic violence
•5/24/05 burglary of an inhabited dwelling place
•7/11/05 receiving stolen things
•9/12/05 burglary of inhabited dwelling place
•3/17/06 simple criminal damage to property, simple robbery, simple theft, drug possession, misrepresentation during booking, simple battery, aggravated battery

maybe next time provide a link when you start a thread, this isn't twitter

Salty! I was just trying to be helpful, and FYI I didn't start the thread.

Ever hear of the concept of innocent until proven guilty? He doesn't have to prove his innocence. Do you really believe this cop shot this guy for no reason at all, just felt like killing someone that day? Where's your evidence for that?

This case could be anything from gross incompetence (he did not properly instruct the driver on what to do) to self-defense (he told the driver to keep his hands where they were and instead the driver reached towards his gun).

Yes, you listen to the testimony of all parties involved, review any witness statements, any sort of video or audio evidence that might exist, and decide who you believe and who you don't. That's how criminal prosecutions work.

I would imagine the woman's reactions right after the incident would be given a lot of weight...provided she remains a credible witness and doesn't change her story or inconsistencies aren't found.
No I don't believe he shot him for no reason at all. I believe he shot him because of the way he looked to him as a threatening person and he likely overreacted to some movement. Do you believe that the individual would put his own life in jeopardy by getting threatening over what a 50 dollar fine? Do you also believe that some normal 60 year old Caucasian man coming back from the golf course would have a situation that would escalate to this level over a tail light violation?

What does this shooting have to do with the victim's 2nd amendment rights? I would suggest that being gunned down by the police (you know, GOVERNMENT officials) would be the exact reason to protect the 2nd amendment.

No I don't believe he shot him for no reason at all. I believe he shot him because of the way he looked to him as a threatening person and he likely overreacted to some movement. Do you believe that the individual would put his own life in jeopardy by getting threatening over what a 50 dollar fine? Do you also believe that some normal 60 year old Caucasian man coming back from the golf course would have a situation that would escalate to this level over a tail light violation?

I don't believe the driver was intentionally threatening. Unfortunately in this situation you don't have time to investigate someone's intent and character. If I know you have a gun, I say don't move and you then appear to be reaching for your gun I have maybe 1 or 2 seconds to react before I die. Since I don't know exactly what happened I can't say if the reaction would have been the same. Are police generally more suspicious of young black men than they are of old white men? I'd say yes, which is sad, but I'd also say some of that is based in statistical realities.

What does this shooting have to do with the victim's 2nd amendment rights? I would suggest that being gunned down by the police (you know, GOVERNMENT officials) would be the exact reason to protect the 2nd amendment.

The point is we're all racist for not defending his second amendment rights. Immediately, before we even know what happened.

Which is my exact point. Why aren't people jumping to his defense as a second amendment issue. When will the NRA wade in on this tragedy? Where are the people who believe they need to stock pile weapons because the G is going to take away their rights. When will I hear the outcry?

Which is my exact point. Why aren't people jumping to his defense as a second amendment issue. When will the NRA wade in on this tragedy? Where are the people who believe they need to stock pile weapons because the G is going to take away their rights. When will I hear the outcry?

If it turns out he was shot just for legally possessing a gun I'm sure those people will weigh in. If he was shot because he was reaching for his gun at a traffic stop after being told not to move, that has nothing to do with the Second Amendment. The thing is we don't know yet.

If it turns out he was shot just for legally possessing a gun I'm sure those people will weigh in. If he was shot because he was reaching for his gun at a traffic stop after being told not to move, that has nothing to do with the Second Amendment. The thing is we don't know yet.

Yeah, Steelersask is trying to make some stupid assed point. Still don't know what it is.

From what I understand the officer asked for his license and registration which were in his pocket. When he went
for his wallet he also informed the officer he had license to conceal and carry. the officer told him not to move and put
his hands up. As he put his hands up the officer shot him 5 times.

This kid got a job right out of high school and had held the same job since 2002 and been promoted. Not a troublemaker.

Our gun culture has officers on edge and skittish. This kid paid with his life for having a tail light out.

Carrying a gun in your pocket while driving a vehicle is not the smartest way to stay out of trouble. Like this guy found out, if you get stopped it becomes an issue, in this case a deadly one. The two minutes it takes to put it in the glove box or console would have saved a whole buncha grief and in most cases, the cop would never had known it was there.

Our gun culture has officers on edge and skittish.

You are TERRIBLE at analysis.

IT AIN'T THE GODDAMN GUN CULTURE.

As Steelersask asks, if he was white, does this happen? What about if he was just older, regardless of color?

We don't know these answers, but you can bet Coolie's sweet, sweet ***, that our 'gun culture' has diddly squat, zip, nada zilch to do with it.

Last edited: