• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2nd amendment outrage

No one can speak to the particular quality of your friends who were former military personnel work as police. However, as a whole the transition of ex military into police services is I believe part of the problem. Obviously, the military does other functions besides warfare. However, their primary and basic training is to survive in combat and part of that is killing the enemy. A police officer's job is to deescalate situations before they come to the point where killing becomes a necessity so that both them and the citizens they serve get to go home at night.

In 12.5 million arrests and millions of other contacts with police every year, very, very few people end up hurt or dead, despite many of them being armed, mentally ill, on drugs, or even suicidal in some cases. It's actually quite remarkable when you think about it. The idea that police in general are way out of control is overblown and very deliberately so by various interests.

1000 women are murdered by their husbands or boyfriends every year. Are husbands and boyfriends way out of control? Where's the outrage?

Last edited:
You can't "descalate" when someone is reaching for a gun. That's how you die.
No you can't. But skilled police work deescalates the situation before it comes to that. If it was the persons pre meditated intention to kill an officer that is quite different. However, that is pretty rare. In the Minnesota case I'm quite confident that the officer made many errors leading up to discharging his weapon and killing the citizen.

Rush just had a statistician on and she said that a cop is 18 times more likely to get shot by a black male than a black male is by a cop. She had a bunch of interesting stats that no one is supposed to talk about, like black deaths by cops are only 4% and black on black deaths are 89%.

No you can't. But skilled police work deescalates the situation before it comes to that.

Yes, it does, in the vast, vast majority of police contacts that is exactly what happens.

In the Minnesota case I'm quite confident that the officer made many errors leading up to discharging his weapon and killing the citizen.

I would say that seems likely but we don't know the whole story yet. I would also venture to guess this wasn't his first traffic stop, nor his first traffic stop of a black man, nor is first traffic stop of an armed person. Something was different in this case that resulted in him reacting the way he did. Maybe it was reasonable, maybe it wasn't.

I hope the Minnesota cop was wearing a camera that recorded everything.

He wasn't. But I'd be curious to know what level of provocation you would be comfortable with for the officer to kill Phil the beloved Montessori school lunch counter man.

And I've never even watched Law and Order. Hate that show. But I have eyes. I can see this stuff doesn't happen like it does on TV. The perp doesn't slowly raise his weapon and carefully aim while the policeman calmly talks him out of shooting. They happen in seconds. They are unpredictable and messy. A guy who is pinned to the ground and manages to get his hand on a gun that's in his pocket can kill or seriously wound someone who's inches away from him in a fraction of a second. A guy that has just punched you in the face, reaches into your car and gets a hold of your gun next to your body can kill or seriously wound you in a fraction of a second. We don't have to be combat veterans to know this.

Last edited:
He wasn't. But I'd be curious to know what level of provocation you would be comfortable with for the officer to kill Phil the beloved Montessori school lunch counter man.

If he repeatedly told Phil to show him his hands but instead Phil reached right in the direction of his weapon. Obviously the officer has no way of knowing anything about Phil is or how nice a guy he is. His training is "Man reaching for gun after being repeatedly told not to. Shoot."

However, from listening to the girlfriend's very detailed description I think what happened is the officer gave conflicting instructions, Phil got confused and the officer panicked and acted too hastily. A tragic accident but nothing to do with racism or out of control policing or the militarization of our police force. Just two people with guns who got their signals crossed with tragic results.

3610956aaa115b4513426886c0e7b338.jpg

Not sure why many of you (particularly Indy) want to keep these thoughts, emotions and comments to a message board. Why not share these thoughts at Latrobe with I don't know James Harrison, Cam Heyward or Stephon Tuitt. I'm sure they would love to hear your take on the state of things in America.

Not sure why many of you (particularly Indy) want to keep these thoughts, emotions and comments to a message board. Why not share these thoughts at Latrobe with I don't know James Harrison, Cam Heyward or Stephon Tuitt. I'm sure they would love to hear your take on the state of things in America.

Why don't you go to up to a group of police officers and tell them all what a terrible job they're doing and what racist thugs they all are? Well, they're used to that and trained to ignore verbal abuse like that so most likely nothing would happen.

Why don't you go to up to a group of police officers and tell them all what a terrible job they're doing and what racist thugs they all are? Well, they're used to that and trained to ignore verbal abuse like that so most likely nothing would happen.
You show me once where I said that. I have discussions with police officers all the time. Three are team mates on my rec football team and one is a good friend. Everyone accepts that about 10-15% of individuals in any job or profession are **** ups. Police here are screened better, trained better and are paid very close to 100K. So there are a lot less **** ups here. But of course it does happen.

Reaching towards his gun after the officer told him not to. I'm not saying that's what happened, we haven't heard yet. Something provoked the officer. He didn't shoot him just for the hell of it, despite what BLM tells you. And, I've shared my thoughts with a lot of co-workers today. I don't really care what the Steelers think about it. Sure as hell not enough to drive all the way to Latrobe. Dumbfuck.

And it's still odd that his girlfriend cared more about facebook than tending to her dying boyfriend. ****, she didn't even act concerned or worried. Perhaps she was a victim of domestic violence.

Last edited:
You show me once where I said that. I have discussions with police officers all the time. Three are team mates on my rec football team and one is a good friend. Everyone accepts that about 10-15% of individuals in any job or profession are **** ups. Police here are screened better, trained better and are paid very close to 100K. So there are a lot less **** ups here. But of course it does happen.

And there is some percentage of people who get shot by police because they brought it on themselves. I would hope James Harrison and Stephon Tuitt are smart enough to know that.

Reaching towards his gun after the officer told him not to. I'm not saying that's what happened, we haven't heard yet. Something provoked the officer. He didn't shoot him just for the hell of it, despite what BLM tells you. And, I've shared my thoughts with a lot of co-workers today. I don't really care what the Steelers think about it. Sure as hell not enough to drive all the way to Latrobe. Dumbfuck.

And it's still odd that his girlfriend cared more about facebook than tending to her dying boyfriend. ****, she didn't even act concerned or worried. Perhaps she was a victim of domestic violence.
So how many of your coworkers look like Tuit, Harrison or Heyward? It must be very difficult for you to cheer for the Steelers. Owned by a flaming Libtard, coached by an African American that had a fundraiser for Clinton and there are a total of about six guys of any relevance on the team that are white.

So how many of your coworkers look like Tuit, Harrison or Heyward? It must be very difficult for you to cheer for the Steelers. Owned by a flaming Libtard, coached by an African American that had a fundraiser for Clinton and there are a total of about six guys of any relevance on the team that are white.

Ya know, we've been having some intelligent exchanges but now you just sound like a complete dumbass. Completely irrelevant.

None of my coworkers look like those three. One of our guys in the plant looks like a smaller and thinner L.C. Greenwood. And our sous chef reminds me of Alvoid Mays, unfortunately. It's easy for me to root for the Steelers. I've been doing it since I was 4. I just ignore their ****** up political stance. I don't like Tomlin because I think he gets out-coached a lot, particularly in the playoffs. It has nothing to do with his skin color. I'll let you in on a little secret: I'm not racist. I don't like liberals, criminal thugs or Muslims though. There's a difference.

Ya know, we've been having some intelligent exchanges but now you just sound like a complete dumbass. Completely irrelevant.
I don't really recall that being addressed to you. Indy is an openly bigoted person. I highly doubt he would argue that. He also hates liberals. The Steelers are owned and run by liberals and a huge majority of the players are African American.

I don't really recall that being addressed to you. Indy is an openly bigoted person. I highly doubt he would argue that. He also hates liberals. The Steelers are owned and run by liberals and a huge majority of the players are African American.

Its a public message board where people often comment on things that aren't addressed to them.

I don't think most people choose their sports teams or the entertainment they watch based on the race or political views of the participants. In any case it's not relevant to this discussion, it's the typical "yeah, but you're a hate filled racist" card some people like to play when they are disagreed with and can't come up with any better arguments.

Indy is an openly bigoted person. I highly doubt he would argue that. .

I would argue that, and I have. I've voiced my disgust for Muslims, thugs and liberals. That's not racist, that's clear, level headed thinking. I love black people who aren't racist thugs. Your Steelers argument is just dumb.

Burgundy and I hate Muslims
but love comedy

Dave Chappelle is a muslim and has the same birthday that I do.
He gets a pass.

there are exceptions to rules.

I would never say you were a racist. That requires actions. Bigotry involves thoughts. You literally include a bigoted statement in your denial. But if you are going to do something do it well. No one likes an actual thug. But the truth is that if you take away the wealthy toys most of the Steelers would look no different than Phil the montessori lunch counter guy.

I would never say you were a racist. That requires actions. Bigotry involves thoughts. You literally include a bigoted statement in your denial. But if you are going to do something do it well. No one likes an actual thug. But the truth is that if you take away the wealthy toys most of the Steelers would look no different than Phil the montessori lunch counter guy.

Once again completely irrelevant. No one is arguing that someone's appearance makes them a thug. No one is arguing that Phil is a thug.

Once again completely irrelevant. No one is arguing that someone's appearance makes them a thug. No one is arguing that Phil is a thug.
But Phil was most likely stopped on a taillight because the officer most likely thought he was and there was cause to check him for drugs and weapons. And the thought that the officers overreaction isn't based upon how he looks is laughable.

But Phil was most likely stopped on a taillight because the officer most likely thought he was and there was cause to check him for drugs and weapons. And the thought that the officers overreaction isn't based upon how he looks is laughable.

So you spoke to the officer? You were there and saw the whole thing from start to finish? You suck at this. You and Tibs should go bowling.