• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

30 In House Visits

Update:

C John Michael Schmitz has an in house visit scheduled, updated original post to reflect.

I'd love to come away with Darnell Wright at 32 and JMS at 49.

That would be the “HIGH” investment in the OL that I’ve been preaching.

I would love that as fact also.

Salute the nation

I think if Bresee were the pick he'd be a 5 tech, not a NT, they'd rotate him ogunjobi, Heyward, and Leal. I would think ogunjobi in that situation would get more nose looks rotating with Adams. Of course they could always double dip at DL and take a 5 tech type and a nose type. There are several guys in this draft that can play a NT role in our defense. Keeanu Benton, Gervon Dexter, Keondre Coburn, Jarrod Clark, Broderic Martin, Nesta Jade Silvera. I think double dipping at DL is likely anyways
if they double dip the nt should be from
Smith/Benton,Clark, Dextor SR, Ika or Couborn 1 must of these be taken to anchor the middle.
We saw some development of Leal once he was healthy and some versatility with him playing LOLB when TJ was out, so if he is the BPA I rather take a DB or WR,

Per the Depot, S Daniel Scott/Cal, has an in-house visit scheduled with the Steelers. An interesting day 2..maybe day 3 prospect. Showed incredible athleticism in testing. He's listed as a FS, so do the Steelers see a possibility of him moving to SS?

Original post of visitors updated to reflect.

his profile from nfl.com for the combine suggests his athleticism doesnt match his production.
3rd best athleticism score, but 64th in production

Steelers also have CB Tyrique Stevenson/Miami scheduled for an in-house visit. Original post has been updated to reflect

Did I read that right...... Prospect grade : AVERAGE back up or special teams ? ****, we need players not STers.

Salute the nation
If it is a late pick that is often what is targeted ST capable. As long as he isn't rd 1 - 4, I wouldn't be disappointed.

Also.....Steelers already had WR Jonathan Mingo in for a visit last week. Original post has been updated

Steelers have CB Emmanuel Forbes/Miss St scheduled for an in-house visit. Original post has been updated to reflect.

Forbes name in the national mocks (means s&>/) and chatter has cooled recently, I'm assuming some are turned off a bit regarding his weight at the combine. I think he's going to be a really good corner, regardless of his weight he has exhibited strong run support and I believe he'll put some weight back on now that the pressure to run a good 40 is over. A draft I'd be happy with is one of the top OT's in round one and Forbes at 32.

If it is a late pick that is often what is targeted ST capable. As long as he isn't rd 1 - 4, I wouldn't be disappointed.

Agree, But our need is higher than an after 4th pick. Just don’t want a high pick on a STer average player.

Salute the nation

Agree, But our need is higher than an after 4th pick. Just don’t want a high pick on a STer average player.

Salute the nation
That would go away from Andy's philosophy, which is a starter capable mentality-approach. I doubt their board has him sitting @ round 4.

Steelers have IOL Steve Avila/TCU scheduled for an in-house visit. Original post updated to reflect.

Avila has versatility at guard and center, adept in pass protection. I suppose with the recent additions he would move into center competition. With Seumalo at L guard that's some serious size on the interior and if Herbig gets snaps on the right side I'm not sure our running backs will be able to squeeze through. Three guys with combined weight surpassing 1,000 pounds.

Avila has versatility at guard and center, adept in pass protection. I suppose with the recent additions he would move into center competition. With Seumalo at L guard that's some serious size on the interior and if Herbig gets snaps on the right side I'm not sure our running backs will be able to squeeze through. Three guys with combined weight surpassing 1,000 pounds.
A lot of attention to the trenches and I like that.

We knew there was interest in the tackles, but a bit surprising they've had so much interest in centers given the two starting guards they've signed over the past couple of seasons. This team has always had a great center, so I'd be happy going in this direction and still feel getting a tackle and a center on day one and two would go a long way to setting up this team for success.

Peezy Jr in for a visit today, he's a local so he doesn't count against the 30 visitors. Updated original post with Local Visits to reflect.

Steelers have WR Charlie Jones/Purdue scheduled for an in-house visit. Original post has been updated to reflect.

Steelers have WR Charlie Jones/Purdue scheduled for an in-house visit. Original post has been updated to reflect.

I mentioned him a while back. Liked his production. Doesn't shock me he is on their radar.

Steelers have a in-house visit scheduled with DT Keeanu Benton/Wisconsin. Original post updated to reflect.

Steelers have OT/G Cody Mauch from North Dakota St visiting today with WR Charlie Jones. Original post has been updated to reflect Mauch's visit.

His production last year was outstanding but before that ok. Maybe it was the offense Purdue runs vs Iowa where he played previously. What concerns me with guys whose production came later and are entering the draft at age 23 and 24 yrs old is their ceiling. Jones will be 25 in October and was often playing against players a year or two out of highschool as was others who are entering the draft. Not saying he can't be productive at slot but I prefer younger draftees that are still maturing physically and technically that were still productive albeit a bit below Jones.

Steelers have WR Jayden Reed/Michigan St scheduled for an in-house visit. Original post has been updated to reflect.

I think between 1 thru 4 a WR will get selected. (I know that is a pretty big range but anywho)