• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

30 In House Visits

Steelers have 3 visitors today who were previously unreported. CB Deontae Banks/Maryland, S Tanner Ingle/NC State, and IOL Chandler Zavala/NC State. Original post has been updated to reflect.

I think between 1 thru 4 a WR will get selected. (I know that is a pretty big range but anywho)
I think it will end up being in the third or fourth. The way I see a lot of draft boards falling, the best spot appears to be in the third round as there are a handful of prospects with the chance of becoming an instant contributor.

I think it will end up being in the third or fourth. The way I see a lot of draft boards falling, the best spot appears to be in the third round as there are a handful of prospects with the chance of becoming an instant contributor.
I was leaning this way thinking a good slot could be had in 3/4...

I was leaning this way thinking a good slot could be had in 3/4...
A few guys they've looked at from memory:

Jayden Reed, Michigan State
Jonathan Mingo, Ole Miss
Xavier Hutchinson, Iowa State

Size and skill, Reed seems to fit the profile of what the Steelers usually look for, but if they want a bigger, stronger option, Mingo has great size.

A few guys they've looked at from memory:

Jayden Reed, Michigan State
Jonathan Mingo, Ole Miss
Xavier Hutchinson, Iowa State

Size and skill, Reed seems to fit the profile of what the Steelers usually look for, but if they want a bigger, stronger option, Mingo has great size.
Mingo also has a top tier RAS. He definitely is one on their radar.

According to the Depot (no tweet to link, it's on Depot's site) OT Anton Harrison revealed during an interview on SiriusXM Radio with Max Starks and Alex Marvez that he was in the process of traveling to Pittsburgh as they spoke for an in-house visit. The original post has been updated to reflect.

Per the Depot, 21 out of 30 in house visits available are scheduled:

OT Dawand Jones/Ohio St

DT Gervon Dexter/Florida

OG O'Cyrus Torrence/Florida

CB Kelee Ringo/Georgia

C John Michael Schmitz/Minnesota
(Visited Friday 24 Mar)

Edge Tuli Tuipulotu/USC

S Daniel Scott/Cal

CB Emmanuel Forbes/Miss St

CB Tyrique Stevenson/Miami

WR Jonathan Mingo/Ole Miss
(Visit completed)

OC/G Steve Avila/TCU

CB Julius Brents/Kansas St

WR Charlie Jones/Purdue

DT Keeanu Benton/Wisconsin

OT/G Cody Mauch/North Dakota St

WR Jayden Reed/Michigan St

CB Deontae Banks/Maryland

S Tanner Ingle/NC State

IOL Chandler Zavala/NC State

QB Clayton Tune/Houston

OT Anton Harrison/Oklahoma

Local Visits:

CB Joey Porter Jr/Penn St

I'll update as more are scheduled or completed
You bring in guys you are interested in drafting for the first three rounds in general. You can cross O'Cyrus off the board. We signed free agents who can play guard.

You bring in guys you are interested in drafting for the first three rounds in general. You can cross O'Cyrus off the board. We signed free agents who can play guard.
Man pure genius at work. Break open a beer.

Well considering he's currently visiting the Steelers facility today, guess it doesn't matter what you think does it

Well considering he's currently visiting the Steelers facility today, guess it doesn't matter what you think does it
C'mon man

he didn't need to visit to determine that cooch's opinion doesn't matter. His posting history dictates that.

😁

Steelers hosting NT Siaki Ika for an in-house visit today. Original post has been updated to reflect.

they likely need to acquire a 5th or 6th round pick to have a shot at him

but it would be a good pick up

In a year where a lot of guys that seem to be good low round risks are expected to go in the fifth, it totally fits our luck that we don’t have a fifth or sixth lol… trading down to get a couple seems legit

His scouting reports talked about him being limited in terms of snaps and his combined sort of confirmed the film. I think fourth is the earliest you consider taking Ika.
He is my second favorite NT type in the draft… if we got him in the fourth id be thrilled especially if we get an ot, cb, S, and wr with the first four picks…

Wasn't sure where to put this because it doesn't specify if it was a Pro Day dinner, but Steelers definitely showing interest in Kelee Ringo, Tomlin and Kahn at his pro day (obviously, who wasn't at Georgia's pro day), met him at the Combine, have him scheduled for an in-house visit, and now it's reported they had a "private dinner" with him

Per the Depot, 22 out of 30 in house visits available are scheduled:

OT Dawand Jones/Ohio St >> Round or round two target.

DT Gervon Dexter/Florida >> Round two target

OG O'Cyrus Torrence/Florida >>> Not a target player due to free agent signings at guard. A wasted visit.

CB Kelee Ringo/Georgia >>> First-round target.

C John Michael Schmitz/Minnesota >> Second-round target.
(Visited Friday 24 Mar)

Edge Tuli Tuipulotu/USC

S Daniel Scott/Cal

CB Emmanuel Forbes/Miss St >> Second-round target

CB Tyrique Stevenson/Miami

WR Jonathan Mingo/Ole Miss
(Visit completed)

OC/G Steve Avila/TCU

CB Julius Brents/Kansas St

WR Charlie Jones/Purdue

DT Keeanu Benton/Wisconsin >> 3rd or 4th round target player

OT/G Cody Mauch/North Dakota St

WR Jayden Reed/Michigan St

CB Deontae Banks/Maryland >> Tomlin target, he loves Maryland players.

S Tanner Ingle/NC State

IOL Chandler Zavala/NC State

QB Clayton Tune/Houston >> Late-round target. Did not impress during the senior bowl week and game! The game MVP Jake Haener did, at the combine Stetson Bennett did.

OT Anton Harrison/Oklahoma >>> First-round target if we trade down in round one and target player in round two.

NT Siaki Ika/Baylor >>> Second round target player.

Local Visits:

CB Joey Porter Jr/Penn St >>> - First round target. Need to watch his film. I hear he was handsy and his workout was disappointing. I question his quickness.

I'll update as more are scheduled or completed

>>> My comments

>>> My comments
A wasted visit? There is no wasted visits. If you are sitting there in a certain round and a G has a two to three round higher value than everyone around him you pick the G. You can always take one of the Gs and throw them at C. Or trade down.

Sure the odds are this won't happen. But thorough teams do their own research on players, you know something you hate do.

If you are trying to solidify trenches you cross your Ts and dot your I's.

A wasted visit? There is no wasted visits. If you are sitting there in a certain round and a G has a two to three round higher value than everyone around him you pick the G. You can always take one of the Gs and throw them at C. Or trade down.

Sure the odds are this won't happen. But thorough teams do their own research on players, you know something you hate do.

If you are trying to solidify trenches you cross your Ts and dot your I's.
Also they sometimes bring people in as smokescreens and they could eventually catch them as free agents down the line

Also they sometimes bring people in as smokescreens and they could eventually catch them as free agents down the line
Exactly.

Steelers had G Steve Avila/TCU, CB Darius Rush/South Carolina, DE Keion White/Georgia Tech, and CB Christian Gonzalez/Oregon in for visits today. Avila was previously reported, but the other 3 were not. Original post has been updated to reflect.

Real interest in CBs, this might be the year we get a good one again. It's been Sutton, wille gay and b mac only in a couple of decades.