• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

A lot of artists will have to start paying their own rent

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
No wonder there has been so many demonstrations lately. A lot of rice bowls are going to be knocked over.

Get real jobs, you free-loading hippies!

In 2016, the NEA allocated $47 million to 50 states and five jurisdictions, funding that that helped to leverage $368 million from state governments to support arts organizations via more than 24,000 grants,

Never gonna happen, you watch. the Dems and Reps both are going to stomp their feet and hold their breath till these cuts go away. Every State shares in these programs that should have been cut a long time ago but every State also has a Senator that will go down fighting to " protect his or her constituency from draconian cuts to life saving programs for the needy". blah blah blah

Mark my words, never gonna happen.

hJW5ZuC.jpg

The swamp is too plugged up to properly drain. I don't know if Trump is strong enough to unplug it. He needs more support. From us, from political daredevils, from foreign leaders.

I may have to go take art now. Ha! Not. ******* moochers

I suck at art. I'd have to get real creative to get paid.

Become a performance artist.

Stand in a bucket of urine, to "protest the treatment of women [in Western countries only, of course]," or to symbolize "man's inhumanity to man [mainly the white man's inhumanity to people of color]."

I have no doubt you would get an endowment.

Bullshit most of these ******* have no talent other than coming up with ridiculous ideas for why they painted a wall white or smear **** on a canvas and call it something provocative.

I mean.....he's kinda right yeah^^^

Just go the Marina Abramovic route and splash breast milk, urine and coagulated blood on the walls and you'll make a fortune. And maybe get a call from the Podesta brothers.

I did a quick search on National Endowment for the Arts grants. https://www.arts.gov/sites/default/files/fall-2016-grant-announcement-all-categories-revised3.pdf

They are almost all tax money for providing artists' "residencies". Apparently if you get one of these grants, you can live for free while you work on whatever the **** that grant determines to be art. Some even get monthly stipends!

Good riddance to public funding of that bullshit.

From the "artists" that brought you Piss Jesus and a picture of his mom Mary splattered in elephant dung.

I have run into pockets of these types. They legitimately think they are important. And they feel they are entitled, as a result.

They are parasitic.

From the "artists" that brought you Piss Jesus and a picture of his mom Mary splattered in elephant dung.

Not sure, Pittsburger Andy Warhol made a nice career out of that...

I did a quick search on National Endowment for the Arts grants. https://www.arts.gov/sites/default/files/fall-2016-grant-announcement-all-categories-revised3.pdf

They are almost all tax money for providing artists' "residencies". Apparently if you get one of these grants, you can live for free while you work on whatever the **** that grant determines to be art. Some even get monthly stipends!

Good riddance to public funding of that bullshit.

Well with the 50 billion dollars taken from the poor and the arts and added to the 600 billion dollar military budget the people who stand to get even richer on meaningless defense projects are probably going to have to buy their taxpayer subsidized art overseas now.....

My...my....outsourcing jobs away from Americans yet again.......

Well with the 50 billion dollars taken from the poor and the arts and added to the 600 billion dollar military budget the people who stand to get even richer on meaningless defense projects are probably going to have to buy their taxpayer subsidized art overseas now.....

My...my....outsourcing jobs away from Americans yet again.......

I haven't heard that it will be added to the defense budget. Hopefully, it will be diverted to the infrastructure budget.
Add tariffs to the "overseas" art. Use those funds to reduce the national debt.

Win win. Making America Great Again.

I haven't heard that it will be added to the defense budget. Hopefully, it will be diverted to the infrastructure budget.
Add tariffs to the "overseas" art. Use those funds to reduce the national debt.

Win win. Making America Great Again.

http://jamiedupree.blog.palmbeachpo...54-billion-to-defense-cut-same-from-domestic/

President Donald Trump will ask Congress to add $54 billion in spending for the military in his first budget, paying for that with offsetting cuts in non-security spending in the federal government.

“This defense spending increase will be offset and paid for by finding greater savings and efficiencies across the federal government,” the President said at the White House, as he said his budget would be one of “great rationality.”

Artists? Hahaha hahaha haha. Some of them need a shrink and a real job.

Reactions: MTC
http://jamiedupree.blog.palmbeachpo...54-billion-to-defense-cut-same-from-domestic/

President Donald Trump will ask Congress to add $54 billion in spending for the military in his first budget, paying for that with offsetting cuts in non-security spending in the federal government.

“This defense spending increase will be offset and paid for by finding greater savings and efficiencies across the federal government,” the President said at the White House, as he said his budget would be one of “great rationality.”

God Bless the President of the United States for rebuilding our national defense that the Muslim emasculated, AND at the cost of programs that wantonly waste American taxpayer dollars.

As we keep saying, B. Hussein's "legacy" will soon be in shreds.

I think this is more about fringe ******** than true artists. The same kind of ******** that use night sweats and pissing their pants as a disability to bilk money out of the system.

I am an artist and have been doing quite well for a long time. Don't need..don't want any gubment assistance...just do your ******* job and I'l do mine.

I think this is more about fringe ******** than true artists. The same kind of ******** that use night sweats and pissing their pants as a disability to bilk money out of the system.

I am an artist and have been doing quite well for a long time. Don't need..don't want any gubment assistance...just do your ******* job and I'l do mine.

You make a good point. But no matter which artist were talking about it simply isn't a legitimate function of government to patronize artists.