• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

A very simple question to ask yourself

After today I can't help but wonder if he'll make it 7 months.

Liberals are not used to a Republican punching back. You all expect more George W. Bush, taking the abuse, and the press secretary getting scolded by the corrupt, biased, slanted, slack-jawed, boot-licking media.

Welcome to the new normal. I love it.

Let's forget the media and all of that stuff for a second. Just read word for word Trumps press conference from today. Out of his own mouth he goes on and on about how bad it is and the terrible it is. How he inherited this giant mess. Obama inherited a two front war (one of which was totally misguided and a complete disaster) and an economic meltdown not seen since the great depression. Did you hear him speak like that? Simple question.

I don't need to read any other post in this thread. you just mentioned Obamas talking point almost word for word during his 2012 run.

Liberals "Trump hasn't done anything..He's just golfing and vacationing"

Liberals "the country is in shambles ...It's the worst it's ever been!!"

How can it be both? Lol. It's in shambles cause of your buddy Brock.

da2239db6ea12ef7ee8b76f49ed55bc1.jpg

I am glad that he doesn't kiss the media's ***. But you can't insult the media every day and then whine that the media treats you unfairly.

You also can't whine about all the leaks, and then in the same breath claim everything being reported about your administration is false. Which one is it? Is the media reporting leaked information or are they just making **** up?

ha ha - the left STILL is clueless

they never thought he'd run!

they never thought he'd win the primaries!

they never thought he'd get 1237 delegates to make it out of the convention!

they never thought he'd get 270 delegates and beat Hillary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

on and on and on and on and on

One thing is for certain, EVERYTHING the press and "mainstream thinking" has said has been WRONG FROM THE START!

They are doing it again and are still too blind with agenda rage to see the truth - AMERICA HAS REJECTED LIBERALISM

It's DEAD and all it's followers are too stupid to realize it

Actually they haven't rejected it at all. All of the programs started by "liberals" .... social security, Medicare, unemployment insurance, the Americans with Disabilities Act, etc. are all still very much in favor with the American public. The way things are now, I'd hate to see where we would be without them. Believe me, the republicans hate those programs and would scale them way back or end them entirely if they could, but they know that would be political suicide.Even the folks that say they are against the Affordable Care Act are in favor of almost all of the individual aspects of it when you break it down line by line for them. I think Trump won simply because people just don't like Hilary Clinton. That being said, there were still 3 million more ballots cast for her than were for him. I think almost any other reasonably qualified democrat would have defeated this moron.

Last edited:
I am glad that he doesn't kiss the media's ***. But you can't insult the media every day and then whine that the media treats you unfairly.

The hell you can't. You mean to ****** tell me that if Trump stops insulting the media they would revert to the days of real journalism and Walter Cronkite? ...their aim is to tear Trump down.
Trump could be courteous and respectful toward the media until blue in the face and nothing would change.

They are to clean up their act before Trump cleans up his...not the other way around Sarge.

The media is finally getting what they deserve.

Insult away Mr. president.

Last edited:
I must have missed the Speech where Obama stood up there and said "We've inherited such a mess. Such a mess. Just terrible. And we inherited it you know we inherited it. What a mess" who's his speech writer. The guy who wrote Rain man. Or is Autism and Aspbergers just the underlying factor here.

Yeah you must have. Either that or you have selective memory.

Obama first promised " Hope and Change"....Then after failing in his promise to fix everything Bush supposedly ****** up, he then resorted to relentlessly playing the blame game..."underestimating" the condition "the previous administration" left our country in.

Trump on the other hand is blaming the previous administration, and promises to fix it. You ******* haven't even given him the chance to fail and play the blame game.

Some of Obamas blame quotes you missed since you apparently started paying attention to politics because of Trumps election.
And this only goes to 2012.

Afghanistan

“When I came into office there has been drift in the Afghanistan strategy, in part because we had spent a lot of time focusing on Iraq instead. Over the last three years we have refocused attention on getting Afghanistan right. Would my preference had been that we started some of that earlier? Absolutely. But that’s not the cards that were dealt. We’re now in a position where, given our starting point, we’re making progress.”

– March 14, 2012

Iran

“When I took office, the efforts to apply pressure on Iran were in tatters. Iran had gone from zero centrifuges spinning to thousands, without facing broad pushback from the world. In the region, Iran was ascendant.”

– March 4, 2012

The Economy

“We’ve made sure to do everything we can to dig ourselves out of this incredible hole that I inherited.”

– February 23, 2012

The Deficit:

“We thought that it was entirely appropriate for our governments and our agencies to try to root out waste, large and small, in a systematic way. Obviously, this is even more important given the deficits that we’ve inherited and that have grown as a consequence of this recession.”

– November 9, 2011

“When I first walked through the door, the deficit stood at $1.3 trillion, with projected deficits of $8 trillion over the next decade. If we had taken office during ordinary times, we would have started bringing down these deficits immediately.”

– February 1, 2010

The Debt:

“Look, we do have a serious problem in terms of debt and deficit, and much of it I inherited when I showed up.”

– August 8, 2011

“I inherited a big debt.”

– March 29, 2011

Unemployment:

“We inherited the worst recession since the Great Depression, a banking system on the verge of meltdown. We had lost 4 million jobs by the time I was sworn in and would then lose another 4 million in the few months right after I was sworn in before our economic policies had a chance to take root.”

– May 10, 2011

The BP Gulf Oil Spill

“In this instance, the oil industry’s cozy and sometimes corrupt relationship with government regulators meant little or no regulation at all. When Secretary Salazar took office, he found a Minerals and Management Service that had been plagued by corruption for years –- this was the agency charged with not only providing permits, but also enforcing laws governing oil drilling.”

– May 27, 2010

Decline of the nuclear stockpile

“Among the many challenges our administration inherited was the slow but steady decline in support for our nuclear stockpile and infrastructure, and for our highly trained nuclear work force.” (This one was offered up on Obama’s behalf by Vice President Biden).

– January 29, 2010

The Election of Sen. Scott Brown (R-Mass.)

“The same thing that swept Scott Brown into office swept me into office. People are angry, and they’re frustrated. Not just because of what’s happened in the last year or two years, but what’s happened over the last eight years.”

– January 20, 2010

Anti-Americanism

“I took office at a time when many around the world had come to view America with skepticism and distrust. Part of this was due to misperceptions and misinformation about my country. Part of this was due to opposition to specific policies, and a belief that on certain critical issues, America has acted unilaterally, without regard for the interests of others. And this has fed an almost reflexive anti-Americanism, which too often has served as an excuse for collective inaction.”

– September 23, 2009

The Financial Crisis

“We inherited a financial crisis unlike any that we’ve seen in our time. This crisis crippled private capital markets and forced us to take steps in our financial system — and with our auto companies — that we would not have otherwise even considered.”

– June 1, 2009

Last edited:
I think Trump won simply because people just don't like Hilary Clinton.

PRESIDENT Trump won because people are sick of political correctness and most of all the lying liberal press, who are STILL seething with rage that they were wrong about everything in this election.

and yes, Hillary was the appointed queen of globalism and liberal elites, which Americans rejected.

gv32O.png

. I think Trump won simply because people just don't like Hilary Clinton. That being said, there were still 3 million more ballots cast for her than were for him. I think almost any other reasonably qualified democrat would have defeated this moron.

Oxymoron. Theres no such thing. JFK was the last one.

The 3 million more is irrelevant. Means squat because the presidency was purposely designed not to be about the popular vote. This is not the United States of California and New York.

By your logic Hillary should have won because people hate Trump like they've hated no other Republican. Look around you, the protests, the whining.

Sure hating Hillary was part of it, but this election was about the reasons Spike stated, the repudiation of Obama, his policies, and the stench of liberalism left all over this country after those 8 years.

meanwhile,

Trump Brings Coal Miners to Executive Order Signing Rescuing Coal Industry from Liberal Politicians

C40KAkAXUAEPsXi.jpg

trump-coal-miners-1-575x333.jpg

trump-hard-hat-coal.jpg

just like I perdicted, liberalism is dying

The Left's Once Mighty Echo Chamber Is Losing Power

The left and its echo chamber are convinced they are taking out Trump. It's their "narrative" and they actually believe their own PR. They don’t see how they have driven themselves over the edge of reason and can no longer convince others. The only people they have convinced are themselves -- of their own righteousness. And they actually believe they have succeeded.

This echo chamber once held great power. They used to be able to form "narratives," ( activist storylines to decide and interpret news), persuade the powerful, and terrorize the right. They could make most Republicans quake just by pulling out the race card or the half dozen other narrative cards they have used for so long. The chamber was constructed over decades. Leftist educators and pols used this Alinskyite playbook to ascend to power, and damn, they were good at using it. One of their pols, or media stars would say something, often perfectly false, and voila! the media, and their fellow Democratic Party pols would echo it and repeat it so much, it would literally become true in the minds of the majority of the public. The ideas that Republicans were racist, or against science, or had brazenly ruined the environment, are great examples of what they accomplished.

Now, the echo chamber is losing its power. The tricks the left used to nominate and elect a man who literally had no business running for any office -- that's President Obama, who had no qualifications for the office - no longer work. These same tricks were used to try to elect Hillary, they even doubled and tripled their usage of the echo chamber. Yet Trump is now president instead of Clinton.

There are several reasons the left's capacity to take out Trump will not work. The first has been mentioned: The echo chamber is out of gas, its hyperbole is way beyond believable, and their petulance and anger is obvious. Like in the Wizard of Oz, they don’t realize Toto has torn the curtain away, and we’re seeing who is behind that curtain.

The second reason: The Trump team is implementing its agenda one step at a time. The administration is actually doing what they promised they would during the campaign. Shocking, I know. In spite of the Democrats' obstruction, Trump has done more in a month than most thought was possible. Judging from their resolve, they aren’t going to stop. They are not cowed, they are not dissuaded from what they see as their mission to bring America back.

The third reason: The Trump voter is still engaged. Not only are they engaged, they are doubly thrilled that he isn’t backing down to these people. They aren’t so much seeing the bumps in the road or the obstacles the left is throwing out, they are just seeing an administration that is fighting for them, and it energizes their own determination to fight, too. Because the Trump administration is serious about its promises, it is earning the loyalty of those who have supported them. This is a movement of principle, and the principles stood for are being followed, they are being implemented.

http://www.americanthinker.com/arti...oncemighty_echo_chamber_is_losing_power_.html

meanwhile,

Trump Brings Coal Miners to Executive Order Signing Rescuing Coal Industry from Liberal Politicians

C40KAkAXUAEPsXi.jpg

trump-coal-miners-1-575x333.jpg

trump-hard-hat-coal.jpg

one thing I do not agree with about this is allowing coal mining companies to dump debris into nearby streams and waterways. I hope there's a new legislation preventing this, as it sure can't be good for the environment.

one thing I do not agree with about this is allowing coal mining companies to dump debris into nearby streams and waterways. I hope there's a new legislation preventing this, as it sure can't be good for the environment.

There's already tons of regulations preventing this - this Bill was duplicating already existing laws and was written so poorly it's only effect would have been to put more coal miners out of business, Obama's stated goal.

The Assault on Coal and American Consumers

“According to the OSM’s own projections, the proposed rule could eliminate 10,749 jobs in Appalachia. The new rule would impose additional permitting and reporting requirements and restrict various mining activities. The rewritten rule also has several serious problems. It only vaguely defines permit requirements, monitoring, and stream classifications, which it applies to both surface and underground mining.It removes flexibility in how companies reclaim mine sites, for instance by requiring reforestation even though wildlife organizations are working with the coal industry to provide grassland habitats for a wide range of species. Furthermore, it ignores regional differences and the efficient state regulatory work that manages those differences.”

“This rule is the perfect candidate for congressional repeal. It is an abuse of executive power and the unelected bureaucracy expurgated states from the rule-writing process before jamming it through in the eleventh hour. The sheer economic impact of this rewrite of over 400 regulations is devastating for coal communities and, if allowed to proceed, an utter disaster for existing regulatory processes.”

http://www.heritage.org/environment...nsumers?_ga=1.170016352.1153116939.1487345116

My my my do these tears taste delicious.

Now news that European intelligence agencies also intercepted communications between Trumps people and the Russians.

Even if our Repugnican controlled oligarchy tries to cover it up the Europeans are not going to allow Trump to chummy up with Putin and threatenbtheir security.

This things about to completely unravel.

Last edited:
You guys keep voting for Nancy Pelosi and Maxine Waters, and you have the nerve to call Trump an idiot. Why don't you guys secede already?

That's a pretty ******* ignorant statement. You don't ******* know me or how I have ever voted and to assume that just because I don't like your president that I'm a liberal from CA. **** you. Have you ever left Allegheny county? Why don't You stop voting for unqualified ******** for president?

It's a joke. See, you said, "I'm sorry to hurt some feelings on this forum," followed by an innocuous comment, while a host of other comments from many others are far more vituperative.

Get it?

Yeah, I get it. But at the time this post was just getting started and what it turned into hadn't happened yet. I do like your big word at the end though.

It's a joke. See, you said, "I'm sorry to hurt some feelings on this forum," followed by an innocuous comment, while a host of other comments from many others are far more vituperative.

Get it?

TIL vituperative

Yeah, I get it. But at the time this post was just getting started and what it turned into hadn't happened yet.

Pretty much every thread on this forum turns into what this thread became.

I do like your big word at the end though.

You're welcome. Generally, I employ multi-syllabic words to avoid having elfiePolo respond, since he invariably does not know the meaning of such words.