• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

ABC cancels Roseanne Reboot.

To me, using "ape" or the N-word directed toward a person is one in the same. You just don't do it. Trying to get a cheap laugh is not funny. The C-word is another vile word that has been taken out of my vocabulary LONG ago. I'm not holier than thou, but know the line which not to cross. This whole thing could have been avoided if Barr would just concentrated on her show. Then again, any constructive dialog is healthy. Insults though, are not.

I always thought Aggie was libertarian with left leaning social liberal views?

And now we're dividing the Jewish people into American Jews and Israeli Jews? It's one of the loosest associates I've heard right there. Like comparing Pepsi to Coke, or Hershey Bars to Nestle Bars. American Jews care very much for the welfare of the Israelis. Why? A lot of them have family there. Not sure where the anecdotal evidence is coming from.

Also, can I just point out that the right is getting upset over 'mean words' now? It's not an issue when Trump tweets 'mean words', right? It was actually a defense here for Trump's Twitter account. It feels like a double standard.

Um yes we are.

The naivety of you and Aggie is astounding..

For starters American Jews in general have never been labeled or regarded as Zionists, secondly any imbecile could derive from the fact that the majority of Jews vote for Zionist hating democRATS.

Thirdly, many, if not all Orthodox Jews do not believe in Israels right to exist.

Seriously you two, you want more?

Take your pick.

https://www.google.com/search?ei=8j...k1j0i20i264k1j0i20i263k1j0i10k1.0.6p34kjwQOhw

More:

https://www.google.com/search?ei=eD.......0...1.1.64.psy-ab..0.0.0....0.OgIYx83r8M8

Last edited:
Here's a point that was brought up on the news this morning. Roseanne's tweet was an off the-uff, spur of the moment thing. Samantha Bee's remark was written down and rehearsed. The producers KNEW what she was going to say but let it happen anyway. I am not condoning what Roseanne said....but I am pretty sure we ALL have said stupid things off the cuff. The fact that Bee's comment was NOT spur of the moment speaks more to me about her character than what Roseanne said. (I don't like Roseanne personally, but I did find her show to be funny. I can separate the two). Calling a woman a C**T is probably the worst thing you can say. For a WOMAN to call another WOMAN a C**T is even worse.

For starters American Jews in general have never been labeled or regarded as Zionists, secondly any imbecile could derive from the fact that the majority of Jews vote for Zionist hating democRATS.

Most American Jews are Democrats first and Jewish second. The tide is turning somewhat thanks to The First Muslim President but some people still don't know who their friends are.

Um yes we are.

The naivety of you and Aggie is astounding..

Thirdly, many, if not all Orthodox Jews do not believe in Israels right to exist.

Seriously you two, you want more?

Take your pick.

https://www.google.com/search?ei=8j...k1j0i20i264k1j0i20i263k1j0i10k1.0.6p34kjwQOhw

More:

https://www.google.com/search?ei=eD.......0...1.1.64.psy-ab..0.0.0....0.OgIYx83r8M8
My naivety? Do you know any Israelis? Have any family or friends there? Ever been there? Like I said, neither American Jews nor Israeli Jews are a monolith. You isolate liberal American Jews as representing all of American Jews which is.. pitifully simplistic. There are MANY right-wing American Jews. The Jewish community in America is often just as divided politically as the rest of this country as a whole. I personally know and am friends with many right wing Jews (some of whom I have frequent conversations like this with), and that's just my own circle. Jews in America will span all the political leanings of America as a whole. And it's the same thing in Israel. Israeli Jews values/beliefs are not all represented by Israel's GOVERNMENT. You cannot simply say that Israeli Jews must be hard-line right-wingers because the country is run by Bibi Netanyahu. There are liberal Israelis (many would call themselves in the center, in comparison the right), conservative Israelis, indifferent Israelis who just want to get drunk and **** girls, etc. And to that point, even for American Jews who criticize Bibi or the Israeli government, that does not mean they do not love Israel or do not love right-wing Jews or Israeli Jews. Your overly simplistic conflating of American Jews with the far left and Israeli Jews with the far right is just flat out wrong.

Here's a point that was brought up on the news this morning. Roseanne's tweet was an off the-uff, spur of the moment thing. Samantha Bee's remark was written down and rehearsed. The producers KNEW what she was going to say but let it happen anyway. I am not condoning what Roseanne said....but I am pretty sure we ALL have said stupid things off the cuff. The fact that Bee's comment was NOT spur of the moment speaks more to me about her character than what Roseanne said. (I don't like Roseanne personally, but I did find her show to be funny. I can separate the two). Calling a woman a C**T is probably the worst thing you can say. For a WOMAN to call another WOMAN a C**T is even worse.
For all the discussion around the word "****" and the supposed "hypocrisy/double standard" in the media, amazing that Roseanne HERSELF still got her show on ABC a short time after tweeting this..
DejvrJHU8AAixkH.jpg:large

It's almost as if.. saying something RACIST is different than saying something mean and vulgar..

Last edited:
Most American Jews are Democrats first and Jewish second. The tide is turning somewhat thanks to The First Muslim President but some people still don't know who their friends are.

Absolutely.

Hollywood and the entertainment industry is dominated by Jewish actors and entertainers.

Name 1 that has been an outspoken supporter and taken up the Israeli cause.

Frankly, I don't think they give a damn.

https://www.newsday.com/entertainment/celebrities/celebrities-who-are-jewish-1.13466103

https://www.google.com/search?sourc...64.psy-ab..3.13.2122.0..0i131k1.0.wRzGL3rjPpY

Did I miss the cheers when Trump announced that Jerusalem would be the Capital?

Last edited:
For all the discussion around the word "****" and the supposed "hypocrisy/double standard" in the media, amazing that Roseanne HERSELF still got her show on ABC a short time after tweeting this..
DejvrJHU8AAixkH.jpg:large

It's almost as if.. saying something RACIST is different than saying something mean and vulgar..

Semantics. The lack of civility, whether the comment is racist or just vulgar and mean is astounding. The fact that anyone here is defending or justifying either is pathetic. If Donald Trump called Stormy Daniels a ****, it would be the most despicable thing a human being has ever said. Samantha Bee does it, it is just mean spirited. Got it.

Semantics. The lack of civility, whether the comment is racist or just vulgar and mean is astounding. The fact that anyone here is defending or justifying either is pathetic. If Donald Trump called Stormy Daniels a ****, it would be the most despicable thing a human being has ever said. Samantha Bee does it, it is just mean spirited. Got it.

No I’m not comparing the badness of the two things, just the difference of the two things. But mainly I’m just pointing out that if there was all this hypocrisy and double standards that you are raging about, how did Roseanne still get her show after that tweet?

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

No I’m not comparing the badness of the two things, just the difference of the two things. But mainly I’m just pointing out that if there was all this hypocrisy and double standards that you are raging about, how did Roseanne still get her show after that tweet?

Because she was still considered a liberal and no one knew her show would have a pro-Trump slant.

Hillary’s not a woman.

Because to liberals racist comments made by white people cross the line...to most on here an insult is an insult.

Racist comments by black people, which there have been many, evokes a yawn from you leftists....another double standard.

Another example of black privilege btw.

Last edited:
Also, can I just point out that the right is getting upset over 'mean words' now? It's not an issue when Trump tweets 'mean words', right? It was actually a defense here for Trump's Twitter account. It feels like a double standard.

OMG....the right is not upset about mean words for God's sake.

I am not raging about anything. And if you honestly think there isn't a double standard, you aren't being honest with yourself.

Surely you can admit that if Sean Hannity called Stormy Daniels a ****, it would be front page news. CNN, MSNBC, NBC, ABC, CBS would be running it at the top of every show. They would have panel discussions, town halls, the whole shooting match. When somebody on the left, in this case Samantha Bee, although there have been many others, calls a conservative a ****, nary a blip on the news. It gets mentioned in passing if it gets mentioned at all.

Same when an unarmed black person is shot. Headline news. It's an epidemic. Unarmed white person shot--not a peep. I mean, if we are interested in stopping abuse at the hands of the police, wouldn't it make more sense to use all evidence of police abuse rather than just abuse against minorities? Why be outraged about one and not the other? Police abuse is police abuse. Right?

All women should be believed; except conservative women. You know, the ones Bill Clinton is accused of raping.
Bill Cosby on the other hand, investigated, tried and convicted. And that is important because everyone associated with Hollywood has been raped at some point.

And on it goes. There is a double standard. Maybe not in terms of racism, but the selective outrage in general.

Last edited:
So making Jews in the oven jokes is ok as long as you support Israel? Have you asked your rabbi friend that question Indy? Have you asked a Holocaust survivor if that's ok? Do you make 9/11 jokes to your friends who lost someone that day? Yeah, there are some lines where it goes beyond being "un-PC" to just being an *******.

I see what you're saying, and I agree.
this is also how some of us view the "n" word and other variations of it being used by black people in reference to other black people.

liar. TriggeredManBunODyte says its no big deal

I'm not a history teacher. Google it, it's an undeniable fact that "Republicans" were the progressive, big government, liberal party in the time of the Civil War, and the "Democrats" were the small government, conservative party. That has flipped now. Being a "Republican" today means your values and political leanings were aligned much closer to the Civil War "Democrats". It's pointless to get hung up on the names and act like the values carried over just because the names did. Because it's not true. It really does not take any mental gymnastics to understand, and not a lot of keyboard effort to google either. For folks who pride yourselves on being the keeper of "facts", you sure are allergic to those that aren't convenient to you.

Edit: here I did it for you, since you either are too lazy or just don't want to be wrong.
I googled "did republican platform change after the civil war" and this was the first link:
https://www.livescience.com/34241-democratic-republican-parties-switch-platforms.html

So, they took up the mantle of being against civil rights? That is what we are talking about, not the whole platform.

The former civil rights champions then took up the mantle of the racists. It makes no sense.

1. Think of racist joke.
2. Log on to Twitter
3. Write racist joke in Twitter
4. Disregard employers admonishes about previous tweets.
5. Hit send

Sure, real spur of the moment.

1. Think of racist joke.
2. Log on to Twitter
5. Hit send

Keith Olbermann? is that you?

1. Think of racist joke.
2. Log on to Twitter
5. Hit send

You don’t use Twitter do you ? It takes like 15 seconds to post a tweet. My kids do it quicker than that.

Look at you all bleeding from your wherever.

oh, DoucheTard, are you so unaware that THAT is exactly what you have said throughout this thread?

Because she was still considered a liberal and no one knew her show would have a pro-Trump slant.
So somebody famous rage tweets vulgar words toward the Democratic presidential candidate right in the thick of the most divided, ugly election of our lifetimes, where both sides would do anything to make sure their hated candidate on the other side was not elected, and the left still embraced Roseanne as one of their own after that tweet? Get a clue.

Hillary’s not a woman.
Don't see how this is helpful at all. Even if this bad joke were actually a true statement, an insult is an insult right? See the very next quote..

Because to liberals racist comments made by white people cross the line...to most on here an insult is an insult.
And that's the problem. You think racism is lumped in with "insults". Racism is about FAR MORE than the feelings of the receiver of the racism. When racist ideologies are allowed to take hold in society, it opens up the door to entire groups of people being systematically oppressed, and often brutally. We've seen countless examples throughout history and America holds itself to a higher standard than apartheid, genocide, Nazism, etc. This is why society comes down so hard specifically on RACIST behavior. We do not want to turn into the lessons we've already learned from history plenty of times. So we nip it in the bud. I'd rather overreact, shut it down, kill the ant with a sledgehammer, than risk these types of thoughts taking hold and allowing it to affect policies. This is so much bigger than protecting the feelings of individuals on the receiving end of nasty comments.

On the other hand, hurling insults at individual people is mean, and society should condemn that as well. But that is more about civility and decency and mutual respect for our fellow countrymen. The right literally elected a president who proudly stands AGAINST these ideals, and they embraced him for exactly that. "Triggered, snowflake, **** your feelings" - remember that? Remember when Trump invited Ted Nugent to the White House despite his calling Hillary a ****, and threatening to kill Obama and Hillary? I thought the right would be the first to confirm that a society lacking civility and decency is somehow better. I mean, that's what you told us during the election, right? That we were all just sensitive snowflakes?

So can we please acknowledge that, while neither are good for society, actual racism has much more insidious and potentially damaging, dangerous consequences for the world? So no, not all insults are the same.

Racist comments by black people, which there have been many, evokes a yawn from you leftists....another double standard.
Again, because racism is about more than unkind words. It's about power and systematic oppression of other people. The history of our country has demonstrated that only one race has the power to take it that far. Minorities can sling racist insults, and that should be condemned as well (and is by me and many others I know) but it is foolish to think that it can translate into the power dynamic this country has had in the past, and other countries have had. Again, that is why racism is so insidious. So much more than flinging insults. But yes to your point, it is also a bad thing for society when other races say and do racist things. I will (and have) condemned that on many occasions and will continue to. Are some too quiet about that? Probably. But I wouldn't agree with those people.

Another example of black privilege btw.
Lol

Surely you can admit that if Sean Hannity called Stormy Daniels a ****, it would be front page news. CNN, MSNBC, NBC, ABC, CBS would be running it at the top of every show. They would have panel discussions, town halls, the whole shooting match. When somebody on the left, in this case Samantha Bee, although there have been many others, calls a conservative a ****, nary a blip on the news. It gets mentioned in passing if it gets mentioned at all.
Actually I don't know about that. Maybe. We're a very partisan society - the right overreacts to the left, and vice versa. I mean Fox got on Obama for wearing a tan suit and fist bumping his wife..? That's the world we live in now. It's sad. But for your specific example, Sean Hannity (and Laura Ingraham, and plenty others) have said lots of mean things about liberals, women, etc. This happens every day on cable news. Maybe not that specific word, but they are far from civil and decent all the time. We have "town halls" and "panel discussions" and all that typically about issues on race and/or guns, from what I've seen. But not ordinary vulgarity/insults. Again, the right's hero president literally ran on an anti-PC platform, and was embraced and elected for it.

And Samantha Bee hasn't been "mentioned in passing" - it's all over the place. I'm just not seeing what you're seeing. Her apology made headlines and push notifications to my phone. She's being dragged.

Same when an unarmed black person is shot. Headline news. It's an epidemic. Unarmed white person shot--not a peep. I mean, if we are interested in stopping abuse at the hands of the police, wouldn't it make more sense to use all evidence of police abuse rather than just abuse against minorities? Why be outraged about one and not the other? Police abuse is police abuse. Right?
I disagree. In fact, just a few months ago, I recall watching (don't know why I did - it ruined my day) a video of some white kid on his knees with his arms up crying, and a police officer holding a rifle to his face yelling and screaming at him for 8 minutes or so before blasting the kid's body full of holes. I'll never get those images out of my head, and I was just as furious about that than I was about any other police shooting. And do you know whose twitter account posted it? Shaun King. All the same pro-black activists/BLM folk who talk about anti-black police shootings were talking about that one JUST AS LOUDLY. Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it's not happening. People ARE outraged, believe me. Yes, stopping abuse at the hands of police is certainly an ultimate goal. It's just more urgent in the minds of black folks - but that doesn't mean they only want it to stop for their OWN people. I don't know if you just don't want to see that because it doesn't fit your interpretation of events, or what, but your perception of this just isn't true. This isn't a "we only want things to improve for us" situation. It is a "things have been worse for us than everyone else and that needs to change. But these events need to stop for everyone too". Maybe there isn't as much publicity from the networks about that, but best believe the people who actually care and are driving these discussions in the first place care JUST AS MUCH about dead white people

All women should be believed; except conservative women. You know, the ones Bill Clinton is accused of raping.
Bill Cosby on the other hand, investigated, tried and convicted. And that is important because everyone associated with Hollywood has been raped at some point.

And on it goes. There is a double standard. Maybe not in terms of racism, but the selective outrage in general.
For those who I know who are feminists and specifically concerned about sexual assault as a key issue, I have never seen a single instance of selectively choosing whose rape matters. They are concerned about WOMEN, not their political affiliations. That really feels more like a projection to me, I'm sorry, I just don't see it. Just because you see right vs left in everything doesn't mean women who care about rape victims care who the victim voted for. That's just.. not congruent with what I've seen. Hell, Al Franken resigned because of his "Me Too" situation, meanwhile the president was supporting Roy Moore's run, and has 19 accusations of sexual assault of his own and still sits in the White House. I mean, what do you really want to see here?

Last edited:
And now we're dividing the Jewish people into American Jews and Israeli Jews? It's one of the loosest associates I've heard right there. Like comparing Pepsi to Coke, or Hershey Bars to Nestle Bars. American Jews care very much for the welfare of the Israelis. Why? A lot of them have family there. Not sure where the anecdotal evidence is coming from.

It's pretty evident you don't know a lot about this subject Cope. It's discussed and written about frequently, how the divide between American Jews and Israel is worsening. I'd accuse your rebuttal of being ignorant.

First, more of my anecdotes: In my career I have spent 6-7 years working for Israeli companies. Not Jewish companies, Israeli companies. I also dated a Jew for a year. I know more than a little bit about the subject. In those companies, I watched American Jews and Israeli Jews interact. It was almost comical. And they'd debate and argue politics. There was a huge divide.

American Jews and Israeli Jews are vastly different. Israeli Jews live in a state driven by their religion, in a state where conscription is mandatory, in a state where the military is a necessity and a way of life. They are Conservative by every stretch. American Jews are Liberal. Many American Jews are in ways now anti-Israel due to the Dem's new policy of hating Israel and loving Iran. Many American Jews no longer believe the "State" of Israel should even exist. And alarmingly, a lot of American Jews are now Palestinian sympathizers.

And there are a tremendous amount of American Jews who've never ever stepped foot in Israel. I live in one of the largest Jewish areas of the country. I'd say 30% of my network here is Jewish. Scant few have been to Israel.

But since what I just said is all anecdotal, you can view these:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...ory.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.5bdaecc80059

Of all the divisions regarding Israel — Arab vs. Jew, etc. — maybe the most consequential in the long run is the widening gap between American Jews and the policies of the Netanyahu government. This does not mean that American Jews — largely Democratic and liberal — no longer support Israel. They do. But that support is conflicted, fraught with worry and dismay, and, increasingly among the younger generation, sometimes barely existent.

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news...-u-s-jews-more-turned-off-to-israel-1.5751616

Israel is rapidly losing its hold on young American Jews, who increasingly view the Jewish state as antithetical to their liberal values, a leader of the Jewish Agency warned on Monday.

Speaking in uncharacteristically blunt terms for an official in his position, Alan Hoffman, the CEO and director-general of the Jewish Agency, described the trend as “extremely worrisome” and said it was time to take a different approach to engaging young American Jews with Israel.

“I think it’s very important that we move to a new mode and encourage young Jews not only to engage in Israel advocacy and in defending Israel – those are all important things – but also to have them accept the legitimacy of challenging Israel,”

http://www.pewforum.org/essay/ameri...n-portraits-from-pew-research-center-surveys/

Younger American Jews are especially likely to question whether Israel’s government is sincerely seeking peace and to say the United States gives “too much” support to Israel, leading some commentators to suggest that the two Jewish communities may be drifting apart.

IsraelEssay_static_ideology640px.png

http://theconversation.com/as-israel-turns-70-many-young-american-jews-turn-away-95271

here has been a profound shift happening in American Jewry’s attitude toward Israel for some time (as I show in my book “Trouble in the Tribe: The American Jewish Conflict Over Israel”). Public criticism of Israel and acts of protest by American Jews have gradually become much more common, though they remain highly contentious

Younger American Jews are overwhelmingly liberal in their politics – even more so than other young Americans. They are also “dovish” in their attitudes toward the Israeli-Palestinian conflict...

In a major survey of American Jews by the Pew Research Center in 2013, for instance, only a quarter of Jews aged 18 to 29 believed that Netanyahu’s government was “making a sincere effort to bring about a peace settlement with the Palestinians.”

But the brand of liberal Zionism that Portman espouses – supportive of Israel, but often critical of its behavior, especially (but not only) toward Palestinians – is actually becoming unfashionable among her highly educated and politically engaged American Jewish peers...

For many, their problem with Israel is not just its current prime minister, its government’s policies and its nearly 51-year-long occupation of the West Bank. It is also Israel itself that they are uncomfortable with, specifically its identity as a Jewish state.

It is not only what Israel does that bothers them, but also what Israel is.

In a recent survey of Jews living in San Francisco’s Bay Area, just 40 percent of those between the ages of 18 to 34 said they were comfortable with the idea of a Jewish state. Just over a third thought that a Jewish state was very important. Most older Jews, by contrast, said they were comfortable with the idea of a Jewish state and thought it was very important to have one.

Ben Shapiro (Jewish) - Why do Jews vote Leftist? "The vast majority of Jews don't care about Judaism or Israel. They care about secular Leftism."

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/M5IqH7oJ9h4" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>