• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

ABC cancels Roseanne Reboot.

So help me out here - exactly which of the comments I posted made Barr out to be a "martyr"??

Right. So vile, racist comments = termination.

Unless you are the "right" kind of vile racist. Or unless you make disgusting comments about Trump or his daughter or his child or make such comments about Ben Carson because ... well, you know, the "porch" thing and the dude is an orangutan. The orange one, I mean.

Right?

Nah I think it depends what people say. Lots of people call Trump a liar (he is) or a bad president (many think he is) and that’s whatever to me, because his job performance is up for public debate since he (supposedly) works for us. But no I do not agree with calling anyone racial epithets, or ****s, or whatever else. There’s no point in getting personal and cruel. But that does not make everything racism, either

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Y’all say things like this then say my arguments are simple. Y’all need to learn nuance for real. I have not accused a single person besides maybe Roseanne of being racist.

Huh ... you mean like saying this?

Every single one of you who leans right in this thread would have been a Democrat during the Civil War, because they were the right-wing, small government, conservative party. Every single one. If you look at Colin Kaepernick and other pro-black activists with disgust, but Roseanne Barr is a martyr to you, you might want to ask yourself which side of that coin you would have landed on during Lincoln's time.

"Which side of the coin," as in some would support the Confederacy over the Union, right?

Isn't saying that unnamed members of Steeler Nation would have supported the Confederacy suggesting - SUGGESTING, mind you - that those individuals support racist policies?? Be honest here. You know ... nuanced.

Listen, I lean conservative in many ways, I voted for Trump, I want him to succeed. But I’ve always found that people bitching about Black guys being allowed to say the N word whenever they want to and painting that as some kind of priviledge puts conservatives in a bad light. Because no matter how people spin it, it’s always going to come off to people’s ears as “Damn I really want to be able to say the N word too but I’m not allowed”. Not very effective as an argument in my opinion.

Fair point. Somehow, I go through every day without using racial epithets, using the word "c#unt," etc. Not a difficult task, by the way.

Huh ... you mean like saying this?

"Which side of the coin," as in some would support the Confederacy over the Union, right?

Isn't saying that unnamed members of Steeler Nation would have supported the Confederacy suggesting - SUGGESTING, mind you - that those individuals support racist policies?? Be honest here. You know ... nuanced.

Jesus Christ. The guy was arguing over the terms Democrat and Republican. Republicans today have the same values as democrats of the civil war. Put it together

According to whom?

According to American society. You are supposedly dumbfounded by the apparent double standard, but why? You know damn well what I’m talking about as you wouldn’t dare test out your hypothesis on a black person or in public.

The offensiveness of insults varies greatly, racial slur or not. Go ahead, test that hypothesis. I dare you.

Jesus Christ. The guy was arguing over the terms Democrat and Republican. Republicans today have the same values as democrats of the civil war. Put it together.

I did. When I put it together, you say that unnamed members of Steeler Nation have the same values as Civil War Democrats.

Isn't that accusing these unnamed individuals of racism, since the Civil War Democrats were notorious racists?? Or are you backpedaling on that claim as well?

The problem is that when dumbshits like Roseanne who has somehow been appointed "typical Trump voter" come out and say dumb racist **** like this it makes them all look dumb and racist. And if they then try to justify or excuse it by saying "Yeah but what about when so and so...it's a double standard blah blah blah" it just confirms that.

I'm sick and tired of the false narrative that conservatives are a bunch of backward hicks and Roseanne only confirms this. Even before she tweeted this, her character is a ****** up loser with a totally dysfunctional household. I didn't vote for Trump but do I want to be associated with a party that holds up Roseanne ******* Barr as some kind of folk hero of the right? No I ******* do not.

Good riddance to bad trash.

Who has tried to justify or excuse what pig Rosie said? Pointing out the blatant hypocracy from Hollywood and Fake News does not mean the defense of that *****. It’s shedding light on the hypocracy for those who are too dense to see it on their own. Yeah, that means you, Floglomanbun.

I did. When I put it together, you say that unnamed members of Steeler Nation have the same values as Civil War Democrats.

Isn't that accusing these unnamed individuals of racism, since the Civil War Democrats were notorious racists?? Or are you backpedaling on that claim as well?

I’ll let you “imply” whatever you want. My point was that the modern day right loves to try to preserve the integrity of the “Republican Party” by pointing to the civil war.. that’s y’all’s argument not mine.. and I’m pointing out that maybe you’ll want to study the facts before thinking you’re aligned with them. That doesn’t mean you’d be slave owners or whatever, it just means that every other political value besides that was aligned with the old democrats. Nothing more. But as usual, but dogs holler

According to American society. You are supposedly dumbfounded by the apparent double standard, but why? You know damn well what I’m talking about as you wouldn’t dare test out your hypothesis on a black person or in public.

You idiot, I would not use racist terms for any reason, let alone some asinine "test." I also would not refer to Trump as a pedophile, or to his daughter as a "c#nt," and on and on.

I would expect any minority to react poorly to racist comments, and a father to react poorly to being accused of molesting his child. Only YOU claim to be able to "rank" these insults. And in so doing, you are being a dumbass.

I’ll let you “imply” whatever you want. My point was that the modern day right loves to try to preserve the integrity of the “Republican Party” by pointing to the civil war.. that’s y’all’s argument not mine.. and I’m pointing out that maybe you’ll want to study the facts before thinking you’re aligned with them. That doesn’t mean you’d be slave owners or whatever, it just means that every other political value besides that was aligned with the old democrats. Nothing more. But as usual, but dogs holler

First, claimed that somebody - unnamed - is making Barr a "martyr." Proven wrong so you backpedal and change to the claim that some unnamed individual(s) share the political ideology of Civil War Democrats - i.e., they are racists. Now backpedaling on that claim as well.

Unless you want to name names. Which member of Steeler Nation shares the ideology of Civil War Democrats??

ABC has every right to fire Roseanne. They do not want her remarks or actions to reflect on their company. Exact same thing for NFL owners who feel the same way about Kaep. However, I bet lots of people think one is ok but not the other.

"I would like to sincerely apologize to Ivanka Trump and to my viewers for using an expletive on my show to describe her last night. It was inappropriate and inexcusable. I crossed a line, and I deeply regret it," Bee said in a statement.

So let me get this straight: She has a pre-taped show where they prepared this garbage and knew exactly what they were doing, and this is it? And how about apologizing for insinuating some sort of incestuous relationship with her father, which might even be more vile.

Like how the Democrats were the conservative party who opposed big government in the 1800s and Republicans were the progressive party who promoted big government? The parties obviously switched platforms between the Civil War and FDR. Jesus Christ you can't be that stupid to hold on to that. But then again you're making Holocaust jokes earlier so yeah I guess you can be.

Ha ha ha! You got triggered by some light banter about Rosanne’s cookies! Good God, man, chill out.

First, claimed that somebody - unnamed - is making Barr a "martyr." Proven wrong so you backpedal and change to the claim that some unnamed individual(s) share the political ideology of Civil War Democrats - i.e., they are racists. Now backpedaling on that claim as well.

Unless you want to name names. Which member of Steeler Nation shares the ideology of Civil War Democrats??

No. I stand by the “martyr” claim and explained way back. You choosing to ignore that is not my problem.

And I can’t backpedal from a claim I never made. I never said you guys are racists. I said modern day republicans are aligned with civil war democrats and vice versa (on the matters of government size and liberalism vs conservatism) because the guy wanted to argue that point with me. If you want to take personal offense, that is also not my problem. I never said you or anyone else was a racist, and if you know in your heart you’re not, you don’t need to justify that to anyone. Especially me because I never said it to begin with. You putting words in my mouth is also not my problem.

It’s like you’re cracking skulls with Lucille in this thread. Good stuff.

Ha ha ha! You got triggered by some light banter about Rosanne’s cookies! Good God, man, chill out.

See my earlier post about BEING A JEW. You’re right I don’t appreciate Roseanne cookie jokes and you continue to demonstrate why you literally do not understand these arguments (Roseanne, or Jews and holocaust jokes). It’s not about being “triggered” it’s ******* disrespectful and you would never dream of making a “Jews in the oven” joke to my face

Listen, I lean conservative in many ways, I voted for Trump, I want him to succeed. But I’ve always found that people bitching about Black guys being allowed to say the N word whenever they want to and painting that as some kind of priviledge puts conservatives in a bad light. Because no matter how people spin it, it’s always going to come off to people’s ears as “Damn I really want to be able to say the N word too but I’m not allowed”. Not very effective as an argument in my opinion.

I never use the word and see no need to. But this it’s ok for them to say it but no one can’t is just bullshit. It’s either bad for everyone or bad for no one. Exactly what does it do to someone if they are called a name.. I’ll tell you, it does nothing. Everybody is just damn sensitive about everything.

No. I stand by the “martyr” claim and explained way back. You choosing to ignore that is not my problem.

Demonstrably false.

And I can’t backpedal from a claim I never made. I never said you guys are racists. I said modern day republicans are aligned with civil war democrats and vice versa, because the guy wanted to argue that point with me.

Civil War Democrats = notorious racists. You know that, right? So when you say, "Hey, some of you are aligned with civil war democrats," you are calling those unnamed individuals racists.

You get that, right?

If you want to take personal offense, that is also not my problem. I never said you or anyone else was a racist, and if you know in your heart you’re not, you don’t need to justify that to anyone. Especially me because I never said it to begin with. You putting words in my mouth is also not my problem.

You believe I "take personal offense"? You haven't even named those you supposedly share the beliefs (or maybe not, I guess - you can't seem to make up your mind) of Civil War Democrats.

Finally, I am most definitely not putting words in your mouth. I quote you verbatim - and don't insult you while doing so, I am sure you would agree - and then challenge you to defend your statements. I suggest that you are backpedaling because when I challenge you, you realize that perhaps you have overstated an issue or two or three.

See my earlier post about BEING A JEW. You’re right I don’t appreciate Roseanne cookie jokes and you continue to demonstrate why you literally do not understand these arguments (Roseanne, or Jews and holocaust jokes). It’s not about being “triggered” it’s ******* disrespectful and you would never dream of making a “Jews in the oven” joke to my face

Rosanne is a Jew. You’re way too PC and sensitive. Typical of teachers and professors in this day. It’s a shame. We were talking about her ******* cookies you daft ************. Perhaps you missed all my posts supporting Israel. And I probably would say an offensive joke to your face, because you’re an over sensitive *****. Wait, over sensitive ****.

Demonstrably false.
Allow me to refer you to my own words, that you chose to ignore.
I didn't say anyone was an "apologist" I said making her a martyr. The same people who say they don't like her and think she's stupid or whatever are also following that up with "..b-b-b-b-but...the media.. b-b-b-b-but hypocrisy". If it's so cut and dried and we can all agree that she was out of line, then why choose this situation as your battle with the media? If we're all in agreement in condemnation here, then let's just all agree and move on. But no, it's turning into an entire back and forth because y'all just have to use this as an opportunity to be a victim of double standards and hypocrisy. Like I said, let Roseanne be your martyr in your efforts to prove hypocrisy against the media, but your "examples" or "evidence" (Who the **** cares what you call it) is falling short because they are not congruent. But hey, like I said, if that's the hill you want to die on, be my guest.
^^ This is not backpedaling from the martyr comment. So, demonstrably true.

Civil War Democrats = notorious racists. You know that, right? So when you say, "Hey, some of you are aligned with civil war democrats," you are calling those unnamed individuals racists.

You get that, right?
Sure that statement is true that Civil War Democrats were notorious racists. But since you're so big on quoting my exact words, allow me to refresh your memory that, throughout this discussion, I WENT OUT OF MY WAY to specify CERTAIN values and LEAVE OUT OTHERS when making that comparison. I took caution to ensure people would know I wasn't calling them racist, but pointing to more traditional 'political' values, but of course, here we are.
Like how the Democrats were the conservative party who opposed big government in the 1800s and Republicans were the progressive party who promoted big government? The parties obviously switched platforms between the Civil War and FDR. Jesus Christ you can't be that stupid to hold on to that. But then again you're making Holocaust jokes earlier so yeah I guess you can be.

Every single one of you who leans right in this thread would have been a Democrat during the Civil War, because they were the right-wing, small government, conservative party. Every single one. If you look at Colin Kaepernick and other pro-black activists with disgust, but Roseanne Barr is a martyr to you, you might want to ask yourself which side of that coin you would have landed on during Lincoln's time.

I'm not a history teacher. Google it, it's an undeniable fact that "Republicans" were the progressive, big government, liberal party in the time of the Civil War, and the "Democrats" were the small government, conservative party. That has flipped now.

You believe I "take personal offense"? You haven't even named those you supposedly share the beliefs (or maybe not, I guess - you can't seem to make up your mind) of Civil War Democrats.

Finally, I am most definitely not putting words in your mouth. I quote you verbatim - and don't insult you while doing so, I am sure you would agree - and then challenge you to defend your statements. I suggest that you are backpedaling because when I challenge you, you realize that perhaps you have overstated an issue or two or three.
Seems like you're not quoting me verbatim, because if you were, you would have spotted before what I meant without me having to re-quote myself and bold things.

Last edited:
Rosanne is a Jew. You’re way too PC and sensitive. Typical of teachers and professors in this day. It’s a shame. We were talking about her ******* cookies you daft ************. Perhaps you missed all my posts supporting Israel. And I probably would say an offensive joke to your face, because you’re an over sensitive *****. Wait, over sensitive ****.

Yeah and Roseanne is disgusting for doing that too. I know she's a Jew, and that doesn't make it any better. And I could give two ***** about your stance on Israel. Supporting Israel != being a friend to the Jews. Sorry. And you get me wrong. My feelings are not hurt nor am I psychologically traumatized. I am just disgusted by you. There's a difference.

Yeah and Roseanne is disgusting for doing that too. I know she's a Jew, and that doesn't make it any better. And I could give two ***** about your stance on Israel. Supporting Israel != being a friend to the Jews. Sorry. And you get me wrong. My feelings are not hurt nor am I psychologically traumatized. I am just disgusted by you. There's a difference.

If I can disgust a lefty like you then I’m doing something right. And explain how supporting Israel is not being a friend to the Jews. I happen to have a friend who is a Rabbi and he feels differently. You must be a lib Jew who doesn’t care about Trump moving the embassy to Jerusalem. Or a lib Jew who doesn’t care that Trump ended Obama’s deal to give Iran, the Jews sworn enemies, billions of dollars and nukes to kill your people. I’m more of a friend to the Jews than you are.

So making Jews in the oven jokes is ok as long as you support Israel? Have you asked your rabbi friend that question Indy? Have you asked a Holocaust survivor if that's ok? Do you make 9/11 jokes to your friends who lost someone that day? Yeah, there are some lines where it goes beyond being "un-PC" to just being an *******.

If I can disgust a lefty like you then I’m going something right. And explain how supporting Israel is not being a friend to the Jews. I happen to have a friend who is a Rabbi and he feels differently. You must be a lib Jew who doesn’t care about Trump moving the embassy to Jerusalem. Or a lib Jew who doesn’t care that Trump ended Obama’s deal to give Iran, the Jews sworn enemies, billions of dollars and nukes to kill your people. I’m more of a friend to the Jews than you are.
Yeah and I'm sure he will feel the same after you show him the hilarious jokes you were cracking earlier. You will show him, won't you? Since you meant nothing by it?

People have lots of reasons for supporting Israel that have nothing to do with an affinity for the Jewish people. Mainly, Israel is seen as an ally in a culture war against Islam. It is run by a famously right-wing Israeli whose values closely align to the American right. Netanyahu clashed with Obama and the right loved that. Richard Nixon supported Israel in war, but was on tape rambling anti-Semitic nonsense. Supporting Israel does NOT automatically make you a friend to the Jews, and you thinking Roseanne cookie "jokes" are funny confirms that for me.

Last edited:
So making Jews in the oven jokes is ok as long as you support Israel? Have you asked your rabbi friend that question Indy? Have you asked a Holocaust survivor if that's ok? Do you make 9/11 jokes to your friends who lost someone that day? Yeah, there are some lines where it goes beyond being "un-PC" to just being an *******.

I was talking about cookies! Holy ****!