• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

ABC cancels Roseanne Reboot.

I was talking about cookies! Holy ****!

Just making a point.

And my point is I don't want to be part of the un-PC crowd if that means hitting people where it hurts the most. And before someone starts searching my long history on Steeler Nation I'll concede that I'm assuredly guilty of it myself at times.

The vitriol in the world has gotten way out of hand (from every political perspective) and I wish we were all better, myself included.

Just making a point.

And my point is I don't want to be part of the un-PC crowd if that means hitting people where it hurts the most. And before someone starts searching my long history on Steeler Nation I'll concede that I'm assuredly guilty of it myself at times.

The vitriol in the world has gotten way out of hand (from every political perspective) and I wish we were all better, myself included.

Amen to that. So much of our political discourse has devolved into mud slinging. So even when we are not slinging mud, it looks like that anyway. Believe me, my intention (Especially in this forum that leans heavily to the right) is to present a viewpoint that isn't often seen in here and stand up for my own personal values which I feel strongly about. It's not to insult or attribute insidious characteristics to people. So I'm not trying to be tricky with words when I say I'm not calling people racist. I'm really not. I really want to have a discussion and show you that I have seen different information than you all, or that I have interpreted the same information differently, and that there isn't one way to see things. I too can be an ******* about it though, I admit

Last edited:

Thank God there are people on here, like Coolie, that are the shining light amidst the storm, to show us all the way to enlightenment.

I blame social media and MSM for this **** being such a big deal these days. 20 years ago someone made a joke or an intentionally offensive statement, it was confined to their immediate audience who either took offense or knew it was just a joke or understood the context in which it was said. Now the world is the audience for those who choose to air everything on social media and the MSM fans the flames.

Before anyone says “so it’s ok to make offensive comments in like company”. I’m not saying that. I’m just saying the audience is bigger. And for anyone who’s says comments made in like company are not different from comments made in a public setting is a liar.

I've been gone for days due to fantastic personal events. I haven't read through this whole **** show, but will offer one point of view...

Comparing American Jews and Israeli Jews is silly talk. That's like comparing Guiness here to Guiness in Ireland. Or comparing Jim Beam to Makers Mark.

There is no comparison. American Jews and Israeli Jews are nothing at all alike.

I've been gone for days due to fantastic personal events. I haven't read through this whole **** show, but will offer one point of view...

Comparing American Jews and Israeli Jews is silly talk. That's like comparing Guiness here to Guiness in Ireland. Or comparing Jim Beam to Makers Mark.

There is no comparison. American Jews and Israeli Jews are nothing at all alike.

True. American Jews do not care about the Muslim jihad against Israeli Jews. Baffling. They’ll care if it ever reaches their backyards though.

There are definitely racist people in the country, but I think the term racist gets thrown around way too easy now a days and kinda demeans true racism. I think that policies and politics are making people more divided and I am not talking about Trump. Black leaders seem to be going back to the past. Talking about reparations and entitlements is going backwards. If I was a black leader I would be teaching the value of family, staying away from drugs. gangs. working hard in school, getting a job etc etc. Condemn the rappers who demean women, kill cops, talk about gangs, use the N word constantly. How does that help the black people progress?? Blaming whitey for everything under the sun is ridiculous in my opinion. If a black kid or a kid of any race really works hard opportunities will be there for him / her.

Some kids are in a horrible environment and I do feel for them. This is where black communities / leaders / athletes need to work together to give these kids a fighting chance. Set up after school programs, church programs, and work with the cops to weed out the gangs / drug dealers etc etc. The solution is not saying "The government owes you this and that and you can just sit around and collect your welfare check.|

There are definitely racist people in the country, but I think the term racist gets thrown around way too easy now a days and kinda demeans true racism. I think that policies and politics are making people more divided and I am not talking about Trump. Black leaders seem to be going back to the past. Talking about reparations and entitlements is going backwards. If I was a black leader I would be teaching the value of family, staying away from drugs. gangs. working hard in school, getting a job etc etc. Condemn the rappers who demean women, kill cops, talk about gangs, use the N word constantly. How does that help the black people progress?? Blaming whitey for everything under the sun is ridiculous in my opinion. If a black kid or a kid of any race really works hard opportunities will be there for him / her.

Some kids are in a horrible environment and I do feel for them. This is where black communities / leaders / athletes need to work together to give these kids a fighting chance. Set up after school programs, church programs, and work with the cops to weed out the gangs / drug dealers etc etc. The solution is not saying "The government owes you this and that and you can just sit around and collect your welfare check.|
It makes me sad that you do not realize how prevalent these actions are in underprivileged communities

Agreed. Many people are in the situation they are in because they lack motivation or have given into the theory that they cannot break the generational chain of poverty, crime, dugs, etc.
This is not exclusive to any particular race. A lot of white people fall into this cycle also. They just don’t have race as an excuse.

It makes me sad that you do not realize how prevalent these actions are in underprivileged communities

I know these programs exist, but my point was they are not being pushed. I rarely hear them being talked about or pushed. When you turn on the TV all you hear about is racism and oppression.

As far as working with the cops seems like a lot of people get amnesia when the cops roll in on a drug / gang bust. Now it may be out of fear of retaliation which i understand, but if enough people spoke up i think it would be alot better.

What is sad is we’re not seeing better results.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Sure, I'm not arguing that. Just saying there are a lot people who care, and put their money and time where their mouth is. Proposing these things as solutions is not wrong, it's just not new and it fails to acknowledge the efforts already being made on that front in every community in America. But you're right that it's unfortunate that stuff can't save everybody. I imagine that the desperation of extreme poverty, for some, can override the benefits of positive role models trying their best to keep kids off the street. The allure of street gangs and drugs and the money it can generate is overwhelming for some. When you're not poor it's easier to say "stay out of that lifestyle and pull yourself up the right way". But if you don't have the genetics to be an athlete, the talent to be an entertainer, and you don't see (first-hand, anyway) a lot of examples of folks like you "make it", and you finally see a way to live a lifestyle you could only dream of before, the temptation is too much for some, unfortunately. We wish the positive messages could get through to everyone, and that everyone could see hope and possibilities in taking better paths.

I know these programs exist, but my point was they are not being pushed. I rarely hear them being talked about or pushed. When you turn on the TV all you hear about is racism and oppression.

As far as working with the cops seems like a lot of people get amnesia when the cops roll in on a drug / gang bust. Now it may be out of fear of retaliation which i understand, but if enough people spoke up i think it would be alot better.

Understood. I think it's just not sexy ratings-wise for the media to talk about people who are out there doing good things. Good news is just treated like an after-thought anymore. News will cover all the depressing nonsense for hours then somewhere at the middle or end, just throw in "and in some uplifting news today!!.." and spend 45 seconds on it talking in a light-hearted tone then we all move back on the violence, the ugly/dirty politics, etc. It's frustrating.

a lot of people in poverty are not well educated and relatively ignorant. If they turn on the TV and hear people saying all the negative stuff they are going to be more easily swayed to that line of thinking.

i went to one of my exes churches one time and i was a little freaked out. i felt like i was in a mini cult. if you had your own thoughts / opinions they made you feel like your gong to hell.

My Gf now is mexican / native American and was brought up in a terrible home / foster homes. She has 6 brothers and sisters. Her and 2 brothers were adopted by her mom now and she is the only one who made it through school. Her one brother is doing ok, but has some drinking / mental problems. The other one is in jail. Her brothers and sisters who were not adopted have all been in / out of jail and are very ignorant / racist. I have not said / written a word to any of them, but they all hate me and told my gf she needs to date inside the race and even called me a white devil. I do not respond to them it's just sad that there are people like of all races out there

a lot of people in poverty are not well educated and relatively ignorant. If they turn on the TV and hear people saying all the negative stuff they are going to be more easily swayed to that line of thinking.

i went to one of my exes churches one time and i was a little freaked out. i felt like i was in a mini cult. if you had your own thoughts / opinions they made you feel like your gong to hell.

My Gf now is mexican / native American and was brought up in a terrible home / foster homes. She has 6 brothers and sisters. Her and 2 brothers were adopted by her mom now and she is the only one who made it through school. Her one brother is doing ok, but has some drinking / mental problems. The other one is in jail. Her brothers and sisters who were not adopted have all been in / out of jail and are very ignorant / racist. I have not said / written a word to any of them, but they all hate me and told my gf she needs to date inside the race and even called me a white devil. I do not respond to them it's just sad that there are people like of all races out there

True that. Poor people have been hearing they'll never make it their whole lives. It takes a special person to be motivated and want to prove people wrong. The norm is to fall into what people expect of you. The exception is to want to rise above. It's sad. It doesn't make the things people say about poverty (that upward mobility is difficult) untrue, but maybe you're right that it's not necessarily the message that people IN THAT POSITION need to hear. False hope isn't any better though, like a "you can be anything you set your mind to" is simply wrong and I think harmful to some people.. but a middle ground.. "it'll be hard and not guaranteed but there are ways out" kinda thing

****** up about your gf's family. I've dated outside my race before too and have been lucky to be treated very well by family. Some folks have serious trust issues after years of seeing tension between races (and maybe experiencing it themselves). And others just identify so strongly with an ethnic identity, they don't see the value in establishing a "new" culture in America where we identify ourselves by our open-mindedness and ability to have all races in our circle. That's my hope for our society some day, and one that I live personally with my own inner circle. But we're just so far from that.

Allow me to refer you to my own words, that you chose to ignore. ....

I didn't say anyone was an "apologist" I said making her a martyr.

I quoted specific posts, so why don't you quote ONE ******* POST that makes Barr out to be a "martyr,"

ONE. I'll wait.

Seems like you're not quoting me verbatim ...

Jee-zus, I used the ******* QUOTE FEATURE.

I quoted specific posts, so why don't you quote ONE ******* POST that makes Barr out to be a "martyr,"

ONE. I'll wait.
Not wasting my time quoting myself again. If you can't find the dozens of posts in this thread whining about media double standards or hypocrisy, that's not my problem.

Jee-zus, I used the ******* QUOTE FEATURE.
You quote but you don't comprehend or read all the words. You see what you want to see.

I always thought Aggie was libertarian with left leaning social liberal views?

And now we're dividing the Jewish people into American Jews and Israeli Jews? It's one of the loosest associates I've heard right there. Like comparing Pepsi to Coke, or Hershey Bars to Nestle Bars. American Jews care very much for the welfare of the Israelis. Why? A lot of them have family there. Not sure where the anecdotal evidence is coming from.

Also, can I just point out that the right is getting upset over 'mean words' now? It's not an issue when Trump tweets 'mean words', right? It was actually a defense here for Trump's Twitter account. It feels like a double standard.

Oh, and before the rest of you think it's OK to generalize the poor, I lived in government subsidized housing and we had WIC and food stamps to keep us fed after my parents divorced. My mom put herself through college and 2 PHDs, while raising 2 kids. A lot of 'poor people' want to better themselves.

I always thought Aggie was libertarian with left leaning social liberal views?

And now we're dividing the Jewish people into American Jews and Israeli Jews? It's one of the loosest associates I've heard right there. Like comparing Pepsi to Coke, or Hershey Bars to Nestle Bars. American Jews care very much for the welfare of the Israelis. Why? A lot of them have family there. Not sure where the anecdotal evidence is coming from.

Also, can I just point out that the right is getting upset over 'mean words' now? It's not an issue when Trump tweets 'mean words', right? It was actually a defense here for Trump's Twitter account. It feels like a double standard.

Thank you, Cope. You actually just described me. I've spent time in Israel and have Israeli friends, and Israeli family. Israeli Jews have just as much diversity of thought as American Jews. There are right leaning, left leaning, indifferent, religious, non-religious, etc. They are not a monolith. American Jews are not a monolith. I'd like to believe (hope?) that we are united by a unique love and solidarity for one another regardless of political or religious leanings, but I'm not sure that's entirely true for all, unfortunately.

And yeah I don't condone being ******** to one another no matter who we are. But yes it is definitely hilarious to see the lovers of Trump the insult master, who regularly use "snowflake" and "triggered" as insults, whine about mean words. Just pick a lane and be who you are. That's gotta be some intense cognitive dissonance, choosing between being a triggered snowflake over mean words vs not being able to be a victim of the big bad media's awful double standards and hypocrisy. lmao

Anyone remember when Roseann publicly mocked the anthem while "performing" it years ago... seems like all the outrage and viewpoints were flip flopped then... meh more agenda virtue signaling... could not care less about it

Oh, and before the rest of you think it's OK to generalize the poor, I lived in government subsidized housing and we had WIC and food stamps to keep us fed after my parents divorced. My mom put herself through college and 2 PHDs, while raising 2 kids. A lot of 'poor people' want to better themselves.

Those who want to will usually find a way. That is usually the result of ethical upbringing...something that is lacking in so many of these households.

You idiot, I would not use racist terms for any reason, let alone some asinine "test." I also would not refer to Trump as a pedophile, or to his daughter as a "c#nt," and on and on.

I would expect any minority to react poorly to racist comments, and a father to react poorly to being accused of molesting his child. Only YOU claim to be able to "rank" these insults. And in so doing, you are being a dumbass.

In this very thread, Indy calls someone a “daft ************”. The same insult Trump alluded to in his response to the Rosanne controversy.

If people start calling others racial slurs, you’re arguing it would be no more vile and offensive than what Indy posted? Trump’s analogy is valid?

When you call a woman a **** for whatever reason, you are directing the insult only toward her.

When you call a black person a nigger or ape for no apparent reason, it becomes evident you hate an entire race of people...which is what Roseanne did, which is why everyone thinks she's a racist.