• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

ABC cancels Roseanne Reboot.

Nonsense. You’re creating a narrative you’d like to believe. The ABC news news execs knew of the show’s politics well before the first episode aired.
Yes but they didn't think the ratings would be so good.

Are you so naive to think the profits and ratings meant nothing to them and they are now relieved to lose that? Youve lost your friggin mind.
The networks have shown us for about ten years that politics matter more than ratings. Ditto Hollywood and movies.

Yet they leave The View on.

The Left can apologize and move on, it's just Trump and his white people

Roseanne Barr has apologized for targeting one of President Barack Obama’s senior advisers as the offspring of the “Muslim Brotherhood & Planet of the Apes”

I find the whole Planet of the Apes movie series offensive, how dare they treat Chuck like that, filthy apes

Planet%20of%20the%20Apes_1968%20chuck%20heston%20chains%20s_and_m%20ball%20revolt-bandit_exodus.jpg

I find the whole Planet of the Apes movie series offensive, how dare they treat Chuck like that, filthy apes.
True, the apes were the ones running things.

But that "comedian" who treated Sarah Sanders so badly at the correspondents dinner is a okay and doubling down on her venomous spiteful diatribe. The biases are becoming more stark daily. The left is without a doubt insane.

But that "comedian" who treated Sarah Sanders so badly at the correspondents dinner is a okay and doubling down on her venomous spiteful diatribe. The biases are becoming more stark daily. The left is without a doubt insane.

well, it's ok to jump on the Bash Trump Bandwagon for the sake of "comedy". That card can be played and get a laugh every time. I'm not advocating at all what RB said or defending her. She f'd up and has to face the music, but there is a clear line that a certain group can toe and continue to get away with with little to no retribution.

Alec Baldwin got a pass for the horrible treatment of his daughter AND his horrible homophobic rant because he gives to the right causes.

Shut up - make millions. Or. Run your yap and derail the gravy train. Stupid!

Ah michelle wolf. I didnt even know what the skanks name was.

The original show was hilarious....in fact, I was called "Darlene" by my college roommates-our sarcasm was off the charts. The reboot was just as funny-I related more to Roseanne in this series more than I did Darlene. That being said..I am appalled the show got cancelled over a tweet. Everyone on the left compared Bush 43 to an ape....yet nobody was fired. This is nothing more than a knee jerk reaction to something that is a comment we would say between friends. The fact that it was on Twitter was a mistake....given this PC society. If 1/80th of what we said in conversation were posted as a tweet, I guarantee that 99% of us would be unemployed and ostracized.

The original show was hilarious....in fact, I was called "Darlene" by my college roommates-our sarcasm was off the charts. The reboot was just as funny-I related more to Roseanne in this series more than I did Darlene. That being said..I am appalled the show got cancelled over a tweet. Everyone on the left compared Bush 43 to an ape....yet nobody was fired. This is nothing more than a knee jerk reaction to something that is a comment we would say between friends. The fact that it was on Twitter was a mistake....given this PC society. If 1/80th of what we said in conversation were posted as a tweet, I guarantee that 99% of us would be unemployed and ostracized.

It was until Tom Arnold stopped writing it.

A lot to react to here so instead of quoting I’m just gonna give some numbered thoughts

1) comparing a white person to a monkey and comparing a black person to a monkey are not the same thing. One has a long racist history and one doesn’t. One is racist and one isn’t
2) Michelle Wolf did not say anything racist. Comparing racism to hard, biting, borderline mean comedy is not a valid comparison at all. For people who like to use “snowflake” as an insult, it’s amazing how sensitive some can be. Public figures should expect to have their job performance criticized, especially when we as a people are affected by it (Sarah Sanders). Nobody should expect to be called racist things. Absolutely sad and clueless that this comparison is made.
3) hilarious that “moral outrage” is a problem when someone is clearly racist, but when someone (not even intentionally) “disrespects” the national anthem, we talk about it for two years and the right is no less pissed off now than they were in the beginning
4) “hypocrisy” seems to only matter for some in select instances (when they want to discredit a perfectly valid message from someone)
5) nobody (who thinks clearly) thinks the NFL “has no right to make players stand for the anthem because free speech”. That’s a horrible take. They “have the right” to enact mostly whatever rules they want, and no thinking person would disagree. “Free speech” becomes an issue when the president starts calling them SOBs and calling on them to be fired and suggesting maybe they should be gone from the country. Then it becomes a free speech problem. But otherwise, there’s a major difference between thinking the NFL’s new rule is stupid and thinking they “have no right”. That is a ridiculous straw man. And besides that it’s a straw man, it is also hilarious to compare the right to an ANTI-RACIST protest to the right to tweet flagrantly racist things, and you want the former to have consequences but not the latter. Unreal. You fight to the death the stereotype that the right leans in to racism, yet here we are. You see a demon in Colin Kaepernick who fights racism, but you see a martyr in Roseanne Barr who is in trouble for being racist. If you don’t want be called something, don’t be that thing.
6) thinking a huge, multi billion dollar network would intentionally run a show it does not want to run for political reasons then feel relief when it gets “an excuse” to cancel it is quite possibly the worst take I’ve ever seen. Truly, utterly clueless
7) What Roseanne said was not just stupid. It was stupid, yes, because being openly publicly racist usually has consequences (with some .. notable.. exceptions). But if your only take is “that was stupid”, then all it sounds like to me is “you shouldn’t have said it out loud! Keep it to yourself and don’t let the left hear you!” Not “you shouldn’t be racist to begin with”

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Last edited:
Would one of the cable networks dare pick up the show.

Even if they did I am not sure her co-stars would be on board. They hammered her pretty good. I do not know what goes through peoples minds when they send some tweets. Not sure how you can type something like she did and think its funny or will go over well? On a side note there is a huge double standard as to what is acceptable by some and not others which is sad. The rules should be the same for everyone.

To anyone defending Roseanne or claiming this is some kind of conspiracy to get a Trump supporter off the air, please. This woman who has always been a complete nutjob just confirmed all of the worst stereotypes of Trump supporters. You should be angrier about this if you like Trump than if you don't like him...if like me you've spent your life trying to convince people that a conservative is not necessarily an ignorant, racist, white trash, redneck, idiot, then Roseanne just set you back a couple of decades.

As a conservative woman I'm embarrassed to have her associated with conservative politics in any way shape or form. With friends like this who needs enemies

ayep

ABC had a real problem. Going into November with Rosanne as the #1 rated show as the 2018 mid terms approached was something which could not be allowed.

So Roseanne gladly obliged and tweeted out something totally racist like saying an African American woman is half ape? They must have paid her a hell of a lot of money to do that.

A lot to react to here so instead of quoting I’m just gonna give some numbered thoughts

1) comparing a white person to a monkey and comparing a black person to a monkey are not the same thing. One has a long racist history and one doesn’t. One is racist and one isn’t
2) Michelle Wolf did not say anything racist. Comparing racism to hard, biting, borderline mean comedy is not a valid comparison at all. For people who like to use “snowflake” as an insult, it’s amazing how sensitive some can be. Public figures should expect to have their job performance criticized, especially when we as a people are affected by it (Sarah Sanders). Nobody should expect to be called racist things. Absolutely sad and clueless that this comparison is made.
3) hilarious that “moral outrage” is a problem when someone is clearly racist, but when someone (not even intentionally) “disrespects” the national anthem, we talk about it for two years and the right is no less pissed off now than they were in the beginning
4) “hypocrisy” seems to only matter for some in select instances (when they want to discredit a perfectly valid message from someone)
5) nobody (who thinks clearly) thinks the NFL “has no right to make players stand for the anthem because free speech”. That’s a horrible take. They “have the right” to enact mostly whatever rules they want, and no thinking person would disagree. “Free speech” becomes an issue when the president starts calling them SOBs and calling on them to be fired and suggesting maybe they should be gone from the country. Then it becomes a free speech problem. But otherwise, there’s a major difference between thinking the NFL’s new rule is stupid and thinking they “have no right”. That is a ridiculous straw man. And besides that it’s a straw man, it is also hilarious to compare the right to an ANTI-RACIST protest to the right to tweet flagrantly racist things, and you want the former to have consequences but not the latter. Unreal. You fight to the death the stereotype that the right leans in to racism, yet here we are. You see a demon in Colin Kaepernick who fights racism, but you see a martyr in Roseanne Barr who is in trouble for being racist. If you don’t want be called something, don’t be that thing.
6) thinking a huge, multi billion dollar network would intentionally run a show it does not want to run for political reasons then feel relief when it gets “an excuse” to cancel it is quite possibly the worst take I’ve ever seen. Truly, utterly clueless
7) What Roseanne said was not just stupid. It was stupid, yes, because being openly publicly racist usually has consequences (with some .. notable.. exceptions). But if your only take is “that was stupid”, then all it sounds like to me is “you shouldn’t have said it out loud! Keep it to yourself and don’t let the left hear you!” Not “you shouldn’t be racist to begin with”

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Much that I totally agree with.

Unfortunately the knee jerk has become "defend anyone who's on our side". Even if having that person "on our side" just makes us look like idiots.

So Roseanne gladly obliged and tweeted out something totally racist like saying an African American woman is half ape? They must have paid her a hell of a lot of money to do that.

That's not what is being argued, he's implying her tweet gave ABC a good reason to cancel the show and they jumped at the opportunity...which I highly doubt is what happened..

Btw..Roseanne said...."muslim brotherhood and the planet of the apes had a baby."....

What if she had said "muslim brotherhood and apes had a baby?.....clearly much much worse!

You see, the apes in Planet of the Apes were not just ordinary apes...they were intelligent and possessed all the traits of humans, the only difference being of course is their appearance.

When a racist compares a black person to an ape, it includes resembling an ape, having the intelligence level of an ape, and behaving like an ape.

Therefore by saying "Muslim Brotherhood and Planet of the Apes had a baby", Roseanne's intent was only to mock her appearance, not to flat out compare her to an ape.

There you have it!
That's the best I can do in defending her LOL....bottom line, it's still a racist tweet ..

Last edited:
Yes but they didn't think the ratings would be so good.

The networks have shown us for about ten years that politics matter more than ratings. Ditto Hollywood and movies.

Ditto MSNBC and CNN...they don't give a **** no one watches them.

Pushing a liberal agenda is job one.

Mohammad Ali called Joe Frazier a gorilla and an ape.

Like the N word, it's permissable if black people call each other that.

To anyone defending Roseanne or claiming this is some kind of conspiracy to get a Trump supporter off the air, please. This woman who has always been a complete nutjob just confirmed all of the worst stereotypes of Trump supporters. You should be angrier about this if you like Trump than if you don't like him...if like me you've spent your life trying to convince people that a conservative is not necessarily an ignorant, racist, white trash, redneck, idiot, then Roseanne just set you back a couple of decades.

As a conservative woman I'm embarrassed to have her associated with conservative politics in any way shape or form. With friends like this who needs enemies

While I agree with your post, I am not sure that anyone is defending her. I think people are mostly fed up with the double standard. Personally I laughed when I saw the story. Roseanne is an ignorant ***. Always has been. Just sad that those working on that TV show that don't feel the same way lost their jobs. What she did was ignorant and selfish. She got what she deserved.

Rosanne Barr has been completly irrelevant for what 20 some years. Finds some success in the current political environment and can't shut her trap. That defines insanity. It almost has to be purposeful. Probably found it stressful and wanted a way out.

While I agree with your post, I am not sure that anyone is defending her. I think people are mostly fed up with the double standard. Personally I laughed when I saw the story. Roseanne is an ignorant ***. Always has been. Just sad that those working on that TV show that don't feel the same way lost their jobs. What she did was ignorant and selfish. She got what she deserved.

What he said. I would or could not defend her, no matter what side she is on. Ignorant is ignorant and there is no place for that. What she thought would get a laugh backfired. It's really bad to have those thoughts and even worse to put them out to the world, in print. I know she is an ***, but come on, are you that stupid, too? I guess so. . .