• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

AB's reason for leaving: This team wasn't going anywhere

Same as O'Donnell and Korky :oops:

One thing though, Ben took himself out of team MVP voting. He requested it. He would have won it many many a times had he not done so.

Salute the nation

No chance that's why he left. I really would like to see him try to build some bridges with the team again as we saw with Le'Veon Bell. He should be a guy who comes back and is celebrated for his great play during his time with the Steelers. However, even if he did, it's going to be tough to forgot some of his on and off field antics.

One thing though, Ben took himself out of team MVP voting. He requested it. He would have won it many many a times had he not done so.

Salute the nation

Ah... I didn't know that.
Maybe he should have waited until his second MVP so he wasn't sitting on the same stat with O'Donnell and Konky :ROFLMAO:

AB was looking for a dig that would "hurt" so he chose the "we weren't gonna win a championship" dig. He's worthless. But a hell of a player before his wackiness took over.

Ab will one day get in the HOF, but id guess it wont be until he shuts up long enough people forget what a narcissistic *** he can be... so probably long after he is dead...
Hines should be in there long before AB.

I love how this becomes just about playoffs. Like 10-7 and 9-8 are great records. They are not bad records but they are not great. The year they actually had a great record the no fans season......they still didn't get top seed and got blown out game one. They are not great in tge regular season and have minf numbing loses that are not equalled by quality wins.

Brown probably isn't wrong about the team not winning a Superbowl, even if he stayed or Ben didn't blow his elbow out after he left.

However, let's be honest. Brown threw a fit and forced his way out because Juju was taking production from him and was named team MVP.

He also wanted a new contract after just signing one because Julio Jones and Jarvis Landry started earning more than him after signing theirs.The Steelers refused.

His ego could not accept either thing.
Brown was 10x the player ju ju ever was. We all know it. Can't blame him. He was the best Wr in the nfl.
We all knew superbowl dreams were over the day they tried to replace Bell with a budget back in James conner.
Atleast the smart ones knew it was over. Including AB.

Brown was 10x the player ju ju ever was. We all know it. Can't blame him. He was the best Wr in the nfl.
We all knew superbowl dreams were over the day they tried to replace Bell with a budget back in James conner.
AB 100% handled JuJu wrong. Can certainly blame him. he was under contract. he cried his way out of Pitt like the little ***** he turned out to be.

It is Kinda like KP. Dont want to compete with Wilson? Cry Cry and boom you are traded.

AB quit on this team. His bizess is certainly not Boomin.

Yea, we all know: AB is a whackadoodle. He's just nuts. However, the writer said he was making sense on this claim.

AB claimed it was obvious this team wasn't going to win a Super Bowl. Was he right? Was Tomlin just over-his-head and was it obvious?
He may be nuts, but he was right on this one. Tomlin+Ben.....Yeah it played out like I predicted in 2010: No more rings till both are gone.

He may be nuts, but he was right on this one. Tomlin+Ben.....Yeah it played out like I predicted in 2010: No more rings till both are gone.
I get Tomlin. But Ben? I don't get that at all

Same as O'Donnell and Korky :oops:

Just for the record, Kordell Stewart was the first ever STEELERS QB to finish a season above 60% completion percentage.

SALUTE THE NATION

I get Tomlin. But Ben? I don't get that at all

Had Coach Cowher remained coaching these 17 years of the Tomlin, exactly the same players etc………..

More likely than not, he would have won between 3 & 5 super bowls with the BEN.

Salute the nation

If Conner doesnt leave the steelers, and we dont draft Harris, he probably finishes top 5 in career rushing leaders for the steelers... maybe even top 3. That "budget" back has been to two pro bowls... lol

Ab didnt care about super bowls... just the spotlight... and he still does...

If Conner doesnt leave the steelers, and we dont draft Harris, he probably finishes top 5 in career rushing leaders for the steelers... maybe even top 3. That "budget" back has been to two pro bowls... lol

Ab didnt care about super bowls... just the spotlight... and he still does...
Conner has proven it was a mistake to move him to draft Harris, but he was an insurmountable downgrade from Bell.