• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

AB's reason for leaving: This team wasn't going anywhere

Had Coach Cowher remained coaching these 17 years of the Tomlin, exactly the same players etc………..

More likely than not, he would have won between 3 & 5 super bowls with the BEN.

Salute the nation
This^ exactly. Cowher would not have allowed what Arians/Tomlin did. This goes to my earlier post: Ben needed reigning in. When it's appropriate let him air it out, when it's not make him game manage, which Cowher would have ordered. The flaws in his game should have dictated when to pull on the leash, Tomlin let him have free reign as keeping Ben happy kept him employed. Tomlin knew playing that game would assure the occasional playoff appearance and plenty of winning seasons with Ben beating up on the weaker AFCN teams. All that is history now and Tomlin better produce without his security blanket.

This^ exactly. Cowher would not have allowed what Arians/Tomlin did. This goes to my earlier post: Ben needed reigning in. When it's appropriate let him air it out, when it's not make him game manage, which Cowher would have ordered. The flaws in his game should have dictated when to pull on the leash, Tomlin let him have free reign as keeping Ben happy kept him employed. Tomlin knew playing that game would assure the occasional playoff appearance and plenty of winning seasons with Ben beating up on the weaker AFCN teams. All that is history now and Tomlin better produce without his security blanket.
And in mine, and most knowledgeable fans' minds, Tomlin isn't capable of coaching, nurturing and disciplining a team to a championship on his own. He just isn't, doesn't have what it takes. He's all flash, no substance. He has his fancy quips but little behind them. And players have learned you can't trust what he says; he's been exposed several times as a liar.

some people really think too much of themselves
And what aspects am I wrong about in my assertions below?

Tomlin isn't capable of coaching, nurturing and disciplining a team to a championship on his own. He just isn't, doesn't have what it takes. He's all flash, no substance. He has his fancy quips but little behind them. And players have learned you can't trust what he says; he's been exposed several times as a liar.

A person can be right about one thing and still be a pompous douche with stupidly wrong assertions
Of course, so where are my wrong assertions? Please compare and contrast how they are so "stupidly wrong."

Of course, so where are my wrong assertions? Please compare and contrast how they are so "stupidly wrong."
You are repetitiously captain obvious with a maximum overdrive in flaming players and coaches.

You do exactly the same things cooch did.

Funny how coincidental that is huh?

You are repetitiously captain obvious with a maximum overdrive in flaming players and coaches.

You do exactly the same things cooch did.

Funny how coincidental that is huh?
And everytime one of you throws up the Coach accusation, you look so foolish. And you don't have a clue.

And everytime one of you throws up the Coach accusation, you look so foolish. And you don't have a clue.
Ahuh. There is a poster looking foolish thread to thread I will let you figure out who.

You said half the board liked Canada after last preseason... I call BS. Stupidly wrong
Oh no one was talking about how great the O and Kenny looked? OK, there hot shot. Whatever you say.

Oh no one was talking about how great the O and Kenny looked? OK, there hot shot. Whatever you say.
I think it was the promise of Kenny more than the promise of Canada hotshit.

I think it was the promise of Kenny more than the promise of Canada hotshit.
Generally speaking, a load of Steeler fans thought the offense and Kenny had arrived. And then reality set in week 1 when it mattered.

Generally speaking, a load of Steeler fans thought the offense and Kenny had arrived. And then reality set in week 1 when it mattered.
..not the first or will it be the last time someone with promise didn't deliver.

The amount of people who believed in him is really of no importance.

..not the first or will it be the last time someone with promise didn't deliver.

The amount of people who believed in him is really of no importance.
My point is that a lot of people in here believed that the offense, Canada and Kenny had arrived at that point. That is all.