• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

According to “The Fan” radio, if a neutral site AFC cg is held… it will be in Pittsburgh

The thing is, there are way more centralized locations… especially if it is KC vs Buffalo.. we have to be like 13 hrs from KC… Buffalo cant be more than 4 iirc… I’ve driven to both… it would definitely favor the Bills

I would 100% buy tickets to this game if Steelers season ticket holders were given the opportunity.

But problem is, the Steelers are probs going to be playing in the AFC championship game
YGEf7V.gif

Only if they use the center of the field. The rest is pretty much used up.

Listen if we make it we will probably get buried in first game but we probably should have beaten bengals when they just started getting hot and in my opinion there best team in afc..

I wouldn't mind if they had the game here but I'm still not grasping how they can't figure a home field advantage using winning percentage.
If I was a fan and season ticket holder of one of those teams I'd be pissed. Well maybe not Buffalo since we're pretty close and not as cold.

I wouldn't mind if they had the game here but I'm still not grasping how they can't figure a home field advantage using winning percentage.
If I was a fan and season ticket holder of one of those teams I'd be pissed. Well maybe not Buffalo since we're pretty close and not as cold.
Winning percentage gives the automatic advantage to the team that plays more games assuming both teams have the same number of losses. I'd rather see the tiebreaker be something like average margin of victory. Who had the more dominating performances assuming the same number of losses.

They could have… for the afc cg at least.. there were reasons it technically wasn’t fair for the AFC north.. namely that if the Bengals lost to tge ravens, they still win the division despite being 2-4 and getting swept by the ravens, only because the Bills, a team that the ravens were leading by 14 after 1 period, then ultimately lost in the 4th, game being canceled for the bengals. I don’t get the coin flip aspect of the new rule… it should have just been whoever wins the game sunday was in

The AFC cg home field though started out with Buffalo controlling its own destiny ( win 2 games and they clinch) KC in the position if they won vs the raiders and buffalo lost 1 of their last two they got it, and cinci in the situation where if they won out and KC lost vs the raiders, they were in…
By calling it a non game, they instantly handed the chiefs home field and the bengals the afc north… if tgey had just called it a forfeit all three clubs would still be in the running for the hfa, but tge Ravens would have been screwed

The Bengals wanted the forfeit… if not they wanted the NFL to call it a tie.. now they still technically have a chance at a home field for tge afccg, but only if tge bills lose and they win then the chiefs lose in their divisional playoff game …

I still believe that all of this was to cater to the Ravens chances.. but i also think had they just followed the winning percentage plan on the books already or the forfeit rule, nobody would’ve been able to really blame them.

Some site called Steelersnow is reporting that Acrisure is not being considered… part of me trusts that random internet report from a site Ive never heard of before than “ The fan” and their probably made up sources lol

Some site called Steelersnow is reporting that Acrisure is not being considered… part of me trusts that random internet report from a site Ive never heard of before than “ The fan” and their probably made up sources lol
Thats fine with me...

Do we really want the Bills Mafia and/or Bengals fans desircrating the hallowed grounds of the North Shore and the Great Hall?

That’s great for Pittsburgh but there’s an outside, no pun intended, chance the NFL could come to regret it. Late January weather in Pittsburgh can suck, add in a grass field and they might face a lot of criticism for their neutral site pick.

I'm sticking with Indy as the site, it's almost in the middle of KC and Buffalo, even though Cincy is much closer I agree with above post that the weather factor will play into it. Tickets will probably be divided equally to season ticket holders from both teams and leftovers available to everyone else.

Quite a boom to local economy which ever city hosts it.

They could both be right. Poni has at least broke Steelers news before. He had at least one source associated with the team.

I’m calling BS. That game will be indoors somewhere without question.

I’m calling BS. That game will be indoors somewhere without question.
Probably LA. Indoor football is terrible to watch.

Indy turned it down because they're hosting a tournament of some sort.

I feel for sure that it will be at a Super Bowl site and that this is the league's first push for removing the Conference Championships game away from the highest remaining seeds' home city.

Greed rules this league and if there is more money to be made, I have no doubt that they would crap all over the fans and rob them of the pinnacle of NFL fan experience, winning a Super Bowl berth in your home stadium.