• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Actual comments by actual teachers in our public schools

Sounds like Vader and Supersteeler taught in schools run like they should be, and schools that would never tolerate - for a minute - a student acting out like Supersteeler hypothesized. In those schools, the teacher reports the student for his behavior, the student is suspended, the student is warned, and if such behavior happens again, the student is transferred to a "continuation school," i.e., a school dedicated to handling students who don't belong in a regular classroom.

Also, from my admittedly limited experience in such matters, I believe that the other students in the class hate the idiot who is acting up and want him gone. The substantial majority of students are there to finish their classes, do as well as they can, hang out with friends, play sports, etc. and actively dislike morons like the one described.
Definitely. The State does their best to make it difficult to get rid of extreme problem kids, but as a school we certainly have a very low tolerance for physical violence. If a kid attacks another kid unprovoked and beats him up in school as opposed to 2 kids fighting, it's an automatic 10 day suspension and a warning of expulsion. If it happens again, the kid is gone. A regular fight where both parties are at fault, is a 3 day suspension for both and if it happens again it ramps up to 10 days. If a kid gets violent towards a teacher they are gone immediatly, no questions asked. If they don't end up in the juvenile facility as a result they will be finishing the year at home doing online work. The police are getting called either way and they would most likely file disorderly conduct charges and order the kid to stay off school property until further notice.

And you are absolutely right about the other kids getting fed up with the kids who are a constant pain in the ***. Usually they feel the exact way about them that the teachers do and they are relieved when the kid is gone.

Last edited:
Definitely. The State does their best to make it difficult to get rid of extreme problem kids, but as a school we certainly have a very low tolerance for physical violence. If a kid attacks another kid unprovoked and beats him up in school as opposed to 2 kids fighting, it's an automatic 10 day suspension and a warning of expulsion. If it happens again, the kid is gone. A regular fight where both parties are at fault, is a 3 day suspension for both and if it happens again it ramps up to 10 days. If a kid gets violent towards a teacher they are gone immediatly, no questions asked. If they don't end up in the juvenile facility as a result they will be finishing the year at home doing online work. The police are getting called either way and they would most likely file disorderly conduct charges and order the kid to stay off school property until further notice.

And you are absolutely right about the other kids getting fed up with the kids who are a constant pain in the ***. Usually they feel the exact way about them that the teachers do and they are relieved when the kid is gone.

Do you know how many times I have heard leadership say something to the effect of "You just need to be a better teacher / classroom manager." to teachers with misbehaving kids? It's all the teacher's fault.

Do you know how many times I have heard leadership say something to the effect of "You just need to be a better teacher / classroom manager." to teachers with misbehaving kids? It's all the teacher's fault.
Damn, that would be very disheartening to hear, especially when you are doing your best.

I didn't know where to put this, but this is a worldwide pandemic: :oops:

Wow. Students having to record their teachers at this point:

I'm all for home schooling children if the public school is teaching CRT or if the teachers are a bunch of Marxists. Or finding a private school (Some of the best are church schools) if you can afford one. If parents would do their homework they could find out exactly what type of school is in their area. If you live in a war zone like Chicago then you don't need to do any research... just take you child out of public school and pick between moving, private school, church school or home school. Or you could move to Venezuela were there is less violence.

I'm forced to be in a meeting for three days. The speaker just said that teachers can either buy into the trends in education or get out, so the rest of them can apply the new programs without being interrupted.

Also, some under secretary from the department of education is speaking. She is talking about how great Biden is, and has her approved pronouns up for us to know how to address her.

Education is crap.

So, police officers are now required to wear cameras, which I think is a good idea to protect themselves as well as the public.
There are cameras in our legislatures so that we as citizens can follow the proceedings of our elected officials.
In fact it's next to impossible to go anywhere without being recorded, so why aren't there cameras in the classroom, for parents to gauge and follow their child's education progress?
Not only are there not cameras, when I asked a teacher if I could observe her class for a day (because she was reporting some behavior that my then 7 year old daughter had never exhibited before or since and I was baffled as to why she would be acting that way in this particular class) she freaked out and said I was accusing her of lying and anyway no one was allowed to observe class because it would invade the privacy of other students. They also fought tooth and nail over synchronous online teaching because they didn't want their class being filmed.

Not only are there not cameras, when I asked a teacher if I could observe her class for a day (because she was reporting some behavior that my then 7 year old daughter had never exhibited before or since and I was baffled as to why she would be acting that way in this particular class) she freaked out and said I was accusing her of lying and anyway no one was allowed to observe class because it would invade the privacy of other students. They also fought tooth and nail over synchronous online teaching because they didn't want their class being filmed.
Online is how soooo much of this **** is coming out. Parents had their ear to this bs.

Online is how soooo much of this **** is coming out. Parents had their ear to this bs.
Yep. After getting to know this teacher a little better I learned why my daughter was fidgeting and staring into space and generally not paying attention. The teacher was dumb as a box of rocks and annoying as ****.

Yep. After getting to know this teacher a little better I learned why my daughter was fidgeting and staring into space and generally not paying attention. The teacher was dumb as a box of rocks and annoying as ****.
Lol. My kid is in a world of hurt come next year. I helped with all her algebra. I knew the answers looking but had no idea how to explain to her how to get there based on how “they teach”…..******* bubbles and ****. I was in a high level of trig before I left school. Don’t know **** now. Lol. No books, no references. Nothing to assist me help her. Pissed me off and was sooooo stressful for us both.

Lol. My kid is in a world of hurt come next year. I helped with all her algebra. I knew the answers looking but had no idea how to explain to her how to get there based on how “they teach”…..******* bubbles and ****. I was in a high level of trig before I left school. Don’t know **** now. Lol. No books, no references. Nothing to assist me help her. Pissed me off and was sooooo stressful for us both.
My daughters missed the Singapore math by a year. My youngest had it from 3rd grade through middle school. So ******* stupid. When he got to high school it all went back to the old way.

By the way my Singapore mathless daughters are math and chemical engineering majors :)

My daughters missed the Singapore math by a year. My youngest had it from 3rd grade through middle school. So ******* stupid. When he got to high school it all went back to the old way.

By the way my Singapore mathless daughters are math and chemical engineering majors :)
The biggest issue I had with the last year plus (and it certainly falls on us) her being behind a screen way to much. Meaning cell phone tv bs. I tried but was slammed being in HC. Had no options. Sucks.

The biggest issue I had with the last year plus (and it certainly falls on us) her being behind a screen way to much. Meaning cell phone tv bs. I tried but was slammed being in HC. Had no options. Sucks.
Last year was a **** show. We all just did the best we could. My son was a senior in HS and the grading was very lenient to say the least. I let him stay home and do "virtual learning" more than I probably should have. I hope it doesn't bite him in the *** in college this year.

Last edited:
Last ear was a **** show. We all just did the best we could. My son was a senior in HS and the grading was very lenient to say the least. I let him stay home and do "virtual learning" more than I probably should have. I hope it doesn't bite him in the *** in college this year.
Grading has always been very subjective.

Get your kids out of public schools.

Grading has always been very subjective.

Get your kids out of public schools.
My kids are done, my last one graduated this year. Unfortunately in my experience college isn't much better, probably way worse in terms of the "woke" bullshit. We've done our best to counteract it by talking to them, asking them questions, challenging the things they say sometimes that are inaccurate and one sided. Mixed results, I would say the vast majority of kids their age, in the Northeast especially, have very liberal tendencies. But they are smart kids and think for themselves for the most part.

Today we have a session presented by Cimarron Burt of the Good Council Learning Center, called "Beyond Trigger Warnings: Trauma-Informed Instruction." Cimarron wants us to use the pronouns "they/them/theirs" when addressing her.

This is educational leadership today. What a pile of crap.

Today we have a session presented by Cimarron Burt of the Good Council Learning Center, called "Beyond Trigger Warnings: Trauma-Informed Instruction." Cimarron wants us to use the pronouns "they/them/theirs" when addressing her.

This is educational leadership today. What a pile of crap.
LOL, man do I love our district! We have had no trainings and will not have any trainings resembling anything like this. Our trainings/meetings are "nuts and bolts". Improving test scores, teaching strategies, dealing with classroom issues, etc. This **** would go over like a lead ******* balloon if anyone even tried it. I would guess people would probably get up and leave the room. But then that's what you can do when you have administrators who aren't political ideologies and you live in flyover country. I really, really, love living and working in flyover country. It allows you to stay off the radar for almost 100% of this bullshit. Bureaucrats that push this **** don't even attempt to come into these areas...they don't even know we exist....which is exactly how we like it.

LOL, man do I love our district! We have had no trainings and will not have any trainings resembling anything like this. Our trainings/meetings are "nuts and bolts". Improving test scores, teaching strategies, dealing with classroom issues, etc. This **** would go over like a lead ******* balloon if anyone even tried it. I would guess people would probably get up and leave the room. But then that's what you can do when you have administrators who aren't political ideologies and you live in flyover country. I really, really, love living and working in flyover country. It allows you to stay off the radar for almost 100% of this bullshit. Bureaucrats that push this **** don't even attempt to come into these areas...they don't even know we exist....which is exactly how we like it.
It will hit. Remember, I am in far-right Wyoming

It will hit. Remember, I am in far-right Wyoming
That is bizarre to me.

I don't know, this is a county full of old school Ohio hillbillies. Even the most educated people here are still hillbillies at heart. The majority of Democrats are pretty conservative here. I think they would have to pretty much come in and kill everyone off to have that stuff be enforced.

Just got our school district's plan for our buildings this year. The kids will still get their temps taken each morning as they come in the building, but masks with be optional for all students and staff. I'll take it! Small town life is GOOD.

Same in my district. We've had meetings all week. We just discuss data and test scores. Maybe a few class room issues for the new teachers. This is my 6th year here and there has never been a single mention of race, CRT or Marxism PR.

Reactions: MTC
Just got our school district's plan for our buildings this year. The kids will still get their temps taken each morning as they come in the building, but masks with be optional for all students and staff. I'll take it! Small town life is GOOD.

I teach for the department of corrections. We have fewer than 0.1% infection rate over the last four months. I asked the bureaucrat in Cheyenne when the masks are gone. He said "We follow the CDC guidelines on correctional institutions for covid."

In other words, we will be wearing masks for the rest of my career. The school districts are not mandated to wear them.

yay cdc