• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Actual comments by actual teachers in our public schools

I sent this link out to a few select teacher friends of mine. One of them turns out to be a lib. Didn't know that. He is a director of ed somewhere. Here is his response.

Obviously partisan article from an obviously partisan webpage notwithstanding, I can understand the point Oregon is going for, agree with the approach or not. It looks to me like they are targeting historically under-funded and under-represented populations. Factor in a lot of the Covid restrictions, the impacts may be pretty big. Not everyone was as lucky as I to have a stay-at-home mom who happens to be a teacher when all the shutdowns happened. Or to have laptops sent home with my son when we had to quarantine for a few days. I guess if I could simplify their thought process into two choices it's a) recognize the factors that lead to deficiencies, try to work around as best as possible, and hope that the students graduate as they have in the past and no get lost in a world that is more reliant on post-secondary credentials or b) recognize the factors that lead to deficiencies, modify the expectations for secondary completion while still helping students meet targets, and try to get them on a path that won't hinder them past high school.

From the last section listed in the law, it seems like this is temporary (as it was declared an emergency), which makes me think it's very much related to Covid and the disparities that may have arisen as a result of school closures.

I responded "But they can't read or write after 12 years of school."

Thoughts?

Education is dominated on all levels, by libs.

Oh no doubt, that goes without saying. Incredible that typically intelligent people are that misguided though.

I sent this link out to a few select teacher friends of mine. One of them turns out to be a lib. Didn't know that. He is a director of ed somewhere. Here is his response.

Obviously partisan article from an obviously partisan webpage notwithstanding, I can understand the point Oregon is going for, agree with the approach or not. It looks to me like they are targeting historically under-funded and under-represented populations. Factor in a lot of the Covid restrictions, the impacts may be pretty big. Not everyone was as lucky as I to have a stay-at-home mom who happens to be a teacher when all the shutdowns happened. Or to have laptops sent home with my son when we had to quarantine for a few days. I guess if I could simplify their thought process into two choices it's a) recognize the factors that lead to deficiencies, try to work around as best as possible, and hope that the students graduate as they have in the past and no get lost in a world that is more reliant on post-secondary credentials or b) recognize the factors that lead to deficiencies, modify the expectations for secondary completion while still helping students meet targets, and try to get them on a path that won't hinder them past high school.

From the last section listed in the law, it seems like this is temporary (as it was declared an emergency), which makes me think it's very much related to Covid and the disparities that may have arisen as a result of school closures.

I responded "But they can't read or write after 12 years of school."

Thoughts?

Sounds like a nicely worded excuse for being ****** teachers wrapped in mumbo jumbo. Blame something else.

Under funded? Underrepresented?..haha.This stuff should be learned in elementary school. You have nitwits graduating college reading on a third grade level. How does that even happen?

Libtards are funny.

It's happening. It's actually happening.

917r7Tukf6L._SY500_.jpg

I imagine this being the equivalent of a 'brainstorming' session of idiots talking about "masks! masks! masks!" while one of them is trying to stress the point of actual health/nutrition & that little thing called natural immunity.

Do those little cloth masks cover the conjunctiva (let alone really do anything of actual value), mask-worshippers?

But, I bet they will know which of the 34 genders they are.
These are the people who will still get into college to take classes in nonsense and get a useless degree with $100K+ in student loan debt.

It goes straight to academia. When the Federal Government started guaranteeing student loans colleges started lowering standards and offering worthless grievance studies degrees for that sweet sweet tax payer funded graft.
And entrenched the NEA as the voice of education for the rest of our republic.

"Follow the money"

- Every critical thinker, any time, anywhere has ever said

Yep.

And that giant teachers union kicks back a bunch of that money to the Dims.

When I tried to leave the NEA as a teacher, I was told that I could. But, since it's collective bargaining that sets the contract with the district, I still have to pay NEA dues, even if not a member.

Nice.