• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Actual comments by actual teachers in our public schools

From a CA teacher. Please get your kids out of public schools.

Teacher reveals radical “woke” curricula and training, hidden from the public
VI1jX1R.jpg

When we trust teachers to honor how we raise our children and stick with the important issues of math, history, language arts, this is what they talk about instead. Posted in that teacher's goup on fb this morning.

Get your kids out of public schools.

WeAreTeachers HELPLINE

Jamie Pavlofsky · 3m ·

I have a student who identifies as non binary and uses they them pronouns. I teach youth theatre workshops, so everything is purely extracurricular. This is my oldest student (8th grade) in this particular class and they were unknowingly mis-gendered by multiple other kids yesterday (who were unaware of their pronouns and used what I knew to be the wrong ones). I obviously don’t want to put any of my kids on the spot, and I also want this kiddo to feel safe in my class. Is there a way to have a conversation around identity with my students? Is that even appropriate? Advice is appreciated

Screenshot_20220415-050626_Facebook.jpg

Her name is Sierra Knight. She lives in Los Angeles and is proud of how she dropped out of college to protest the Viet Nam war. She teaches kids. She should not.

Last edited:

So if they're trying to sneak this **** into Florida of all places, you can bet your state has it or they'll try to sneak it in. Which in this case was through mathematics.
Well standards have gone down academically nationwide.
Employers hire people to meet inclusiveness diversity rather than having the actual skills and credentials these days

Employers hire people to meet inclusiveness diversity rather than having the actual skills and credentials these days

I once applied to SCE (Southern California Edison, one of the country's largest electric utilities) for a simple customer service call center position, and my girlfriend at the time had an uncle who worked there for like 25 years etc. so I had a referral and everything, and there were like 17 positions open.

I went to take the typing and basic math and problem solving test (you just had to figure out kilowatt hours per cycle, retroactive billing etc.) and I aced it and was ready for the next step, which was a simple phone interview.

Never even happened. I was in the class with about 30 black women and maybe a couple of other people. My girlfriend even talked to her uncle (who was in a different department, but still) about it and he was dumbfounded.

I'm not complaining, compared to the inhumane treatment other people have gotten throughout the years in this country, but that ish most definitely happens nowadays.

Or, they took one look at me, and saw a human oddity that should never be seen or heard in public.

• Angry
Reactions: MTC
I once applied to SCE (Southern California Edison, one of the country's largest electric utilities) for a simple customer service call center position, and my girlfriend at the time had an uncle who worked there for like 25 years etc. so I had a referral and everything, and there were like 17 positions open.

I went to take the typing and basic math and problem solving test (you just had to figure out kilowatt hours per cycle, retroactive billing etc.) and I aced it and was ready for the next step, which was a simple phone interview.

Never even happened. I was in the class with about 30 black women and maybe a couple of other people. My girlfriend even talked to her uncle (who was in a different department, but still) about it and he was dumbfounded.

I'm not complaining, compared to the inhumane treatment other people have gotten throughout the years in this country, but that ish most definitely happens nowadays.

Or, they took one look at me, and saw a human oddity that should never be seen or heard in public.
Still. It’s annoying

Interesting. Another, different perspective.

Just commenting on the last video and kids behaviors......As a school person myself the biggest problem with kids' behaviors and overall performance is the fact that only about 20% or 30% of the homes are intact and provide positive support to them. The rest of the parents are either totally uninvolved or are a negative force in the kid's life. Stable, functioning homes are by far the minority in this day and age. And the difference in the kids behaviors depending on their home life is astronomical.

Just commenting on the last video and kids behaviors......As a school person myself the biggest problem with kids' behaviors and overall performance is the fact that only about 20% or 30% of the homes are intact and provide positive support to them. The rest of the parents are either totally uninvolved or are a negative force in the kid's life. Stable, functioning homes are by far the minority in this day and age. And the difference in the kids behaviors depending on their home life is astronomical.
I live in what is considered the “ghetto”. Parents and even the young grandparents are negative forces. I cannot speak for every city, but I can only imagine similarities as far as gang culture, lack of opportunity, family/gang loyalty over anything even if means an education to get out.

There are times people like me are criticized as being white washed, being an uncle Tom etc. Add more sometimes the ones we try to mingle with based on interest pushes us away because they think we’re violent thugs.

Kids fight these social issues as well. We lose trust in our support outlets cause we’re either too ghetto or too white washed. I’m not saying this to complain, but if I can share this info with you who works within the school system and you can make a difference in a young kids life for the better. It helps to know what these kids struggle with

Not addressing the worst O-Line in the league. Instead, drafting Dri Archer 2.0 because that worked out so very well.

Colbert can't leave fast enough for me. I hate this draft.

I live in what is considered the “ghetto”. Parents and even the young grandparents are negative forces. I cannot speak for every city, but I can only imagine similarities as far as gang culture, lack of opportunity, family/gang loyalty over anything even if means an education to get out.

There are times people like me are criticized as being white washed, being an uncle Tom etc. Add more sometimes the ones we try to mingle with based on interest pushes us away because they think we’re violent thugs.

Kids fight these social issues as well. We lose trust in our support outlets cause we’re either too ghetto or too white washed. I’m not saying this to complain, but if I can share this info with you who works within the school system and you can make a difference in a young kids life for the better. It helps to know what these kids struggle with
Yeah for sure. It's an uphill battle but you still have to try. The area I am in is about 80% White but the problems are the same because most of the families are dirt poor. Many of the parents are drug addicts....several are in jail. Grandma is raising many of the kids and she doesn't give much of a **** about them either. They are her source of a check each month, that's about it. It's sad. These are unwanted kids born to complete f*** ups and they will have a struggle for life trying to learn things they should have been taught a;ready. Around 25% of the families are great and the kids have thrived. It's too bad so many others never bothered to invest anything in to their own children, You feel awful for them. I know the school tries to do the best they can, with providing clean clothes and shoes and things, but it's rough.

Reactions: MTC
Yeah for sure. It's an uphill battle but you still have to try. The area I am in is about 80% White but the problems are the same because most of the families are dirt poor. Many of the parents are drug addicts....several are in jail. Grandma is raising many of the kids and she doesn't give much of a **** about them either. They are her source of a check each month, that's about it. It's sad. These are unwanted kids born to complete f*** ups and they will have a struggle for life trying to learn things they should have been taught a;ready. Around 25% of the families are great and the kids have thrived. It's too bad so many others never bothered to invest anything in to their own children, You feel awful for them. I know the school tries to do the best they can, with providing clean clothes and shoes and things, but it's rough.
Exactly.

These kids are unwanted and at most the way out for them is either gangs or the new trend now is suicide. It’s sad. When my sons school has meetings for parents to attend. I raise these issues up.

My neighborhood especially. There are a bunch of very bright kids who deserve an opportunity to get an education and succeed.

- no comment towards Dri Archer 2.0 lol

Exactly.

These kids are unwanted and at most the way out for them is either gangs or the new trend now is suicide. It’s sad. When my sons school has meetings for parents to attend. I raise these issues up.

My neighborhood especially. There are a bunch of very bright kids who deserve an opportunity to get an education and succeed.

- no comment towards Dri Archer 2.0 lol
How incredibly sad....There are so many would be great parents who would give the kids who have parents that do not give a crap about them a decent home and a chance at a future....

Keep fighting the good fight MTC and hopefully your kids will carry your good ethics forward. (Hopefully they have better taste in music though ;) )