• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Actual comments by actual teachers in our public schools

This is one of the reasons (amongst others) why I think the K-12 model is a bad idea. These kids don't want to be there, so they develop "coping skills" that are negative. It just jacks things up. History, and most of modern realities of culture and education, entirely disagree with keeping a student in school for that long of a run. It's just unnatural.
Sonce i was in high school in the 90’s and saw how many of my friends treated eleventh and twelfth grades, i have been a huge proponent of reducing the grades to ten, cutting some of summer break back, and putting all the teachers freed up into making smaller class sizes in 7-10 grades

Sonce i was in high school in the 90’s and saw how many of my friends treated eleventh and twelfth grades, i have been a huge proponent of reducing the grades to ten, cutting some of summer break back, and putting all the teachers freed up into making smaller class sizes in 7-10 grades
Really, we should go back to K-8

K-5

By the time they are middle school age. Send them to the warehouses for work.
;)

I kid.
The national curriculum for education is faulty because these kids all don’t grasp or the way the standard/traditional is taught. Some kids require more visualisation, more hands on learning and need a different approach.

The way we’re taught. We’re designed to be robotic/just another number in the rat race

Nah, if you look at what needs to be taught you can fit it into ten grades rather easily.. and it lines up well with going into the workforce or getting supplemental education… if you trim it back too far you get a gap that’s problematic… tenth grade puts ypu at 16 on graduation… 16 is when kids start getting jobs anyhow and it moves college back to graduation at 20-21….

Nah, if you look at what needs to be taught you can fit it into ten grades rather easily.. and it lines up well with going into the workforce or getting supplemental education… if you trim it back too far you get a gap that’s problematic… tenth grade puts ypu at 16 on graduation… 16 is when kids start getting jobs anyhow and it moves college back to graduation at 20-21….
The college part of education needs at least as much reworking as gradeschool.

Education should be handled by the states, not the fed, imo.
Each state differs in it’s own history however you still need that federal involvement which is designed to provide the general foundation for skill development of American citizens. Problem is we have a high population. It’s easier to see faults as kids are struggling within the system

Each state differs in it’s own history however you still need that federal involvement which is designed to provide the general foundation for skill development of American citizens. Problem is we have a high population. It’s easier to see faults as kids are struggling within the system
Trust a guy who has been at this game for 23 years - It's too federal. We need to back it way down.

Trust a guy who has been at this game for 23 years - It's too federal. We need to back it way down.
You have a lot more knowledge and experience in this sector, but also factor in a higher population means higher statistics in good and bad.

We need to look at common trends at a community level, then branch out state, region then nationally.

Compiling data in a whole lump would have too many discrepancies.

Unless we do compile data as I stated and I’m unaware

College is needed by far, far fewer students than go now. It's truly over sold.

And way more emphasis on trade/vocational schooling.

College is needed by far, far fewer students than go now. It's truly over sold.
College is all marketing. Public colleges don’t attract the brightest like they say. It’s all exposure. That’s why I get pumped when UGA actually promotes it’s agricultural, business and space programs.

You have a lot more knowledge and experience in this sector, but also factor in a higher population means higher statistics in good and bad.

We need to look at common trends at a community level, then branch out state, region then nationally.

Compiling data in a whole lump would have too many discrepancies.

Unless we do compile data as I stated and I’m unaware
All of education is data driven, and in my opinion, it has become the mud pit for the whole mess. We are so worried about granular interpretation of data, that we don't teach basics. We get pacing guides, scripted lesson plans, no humanities, can't teach times tables. It' s a mess.

All of education is data driven, and in my opinion, it has become the mud pit for the whole mess. We are so worried about granular interpretation of data, that we don't teach basics. We get pacing guides, scripted lesson plans, no humanities, can't teach times tables. It' s a mess.
I bet it is. I know there is a certain curriculum you have to follow which I think is stupid

Those same two “teachers” were also caught using internet tracking software to see what websites all the students were searching and using that data to actively “recruit” children into their trans school group. They informed the kids they cannot inform their parents on the group. These two are a danger and stalkers of children….if they did any of that to my kids they would be having a nice meeting of a Louisville Slugger to their kneecaps.

Those same two “teachers” were also caught using internet tracking software to see what websites all the students were searching and using that data to actively “recruit” children into their trans school group. They informed the kids they cannot inform their parents on the group. These two are a danger and stalkers of children….if they did any of that to my kids they would be having a nice meeting of a Louisville Slugger to their kneecaps.
Turd, you should aim higher

Turd, you should aim higher
Yeah, torture, ************, what?
Torture, nigga, what?
What? I’ll ******’, I’ll ******’ tie you to a ******’ bedpost
With your *** cheeks spread out and ****, right?
Put a hanger on a ******’ stove and let that **** sit there for like a half hour, take it off and stick it in your *** slow like “tsss”
Yeah, I’ll ******’, yeah, I’ll ******’ lay your nuts on a ******’ dresser, just your nuts layin’ on a ******’ dresser, and bang them ***** with a spiked ******’ bat (Blaow)
Ooh wassup?
I’ll ******’, I’ll ******’, pull your ******’ tongue out your ******’
Mouth and stab the **** with a rusty screwdriver, blaow
I’ll ******’, I’ll ******’, I’ll ******’ hang you by your ******’ dick off the ******’ twelfth stor-story building out this ************

MxtL9Ef.png