• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Adios Liz Cheney...

I did not say he committed a crime nor did I say what he did was impeachable. You'd have to dig deep into the statutes. I think it would be difficult to prove that he directly instructed anyone to do anything violent. Failing to stop or persuade people from their own choices and actions, even if it could be proven he had the capability to do that, is not illegal as far as I know. I said I found his behavior that day unconscionable, as well as his continued insistence without evidence that the election was stolen. Whether it's illegal or not it is dangerous to the foundations of this country. It sets a terrible precedent, just as it did when Hillary and Al Gore questioned the legitimacy of their elections. It's going down a bad path toward banana republic territory. Early on I was willing to consider legitimate allegations of fraud. There was an investigatory and legal process to determine if any of it actually happened. Allegation after allegation has been proven false, largely by Republican election officials who actually wanted him to win. But Trump and his minions refuse to accept reality. That is very dangerous. And just insisting the last election was stolen is not going to win him the next one.

As I've said numerous times, "not technically illegal" doesn't make it right.

List of other people who found his behavior that day unconscionable, some of whom begged him to do something different: Hannity, Ingraham, Kilmeade, Ivanka, Don. Jr., Cippolone, Pottinger, Barr, McEnany, Mulvaney, Tully, Liddell, I can go on...
There is a nine page thread giving evidence that there was wide spread voter fraud. Did you choose not to read it?

There is a nine page thread giving evidence that there was wide spread voter fraud. Did you choose not to read it?
Did I read all of it? No. Did I look seriously into fraud allegations? Of course. Was I initially suspicious of the push towards mail in voting? Yes. If anyone wants to dig they will be able to find my comments about that. Have most of the fraud claims been proven to be bogus? Yes. Are there any fraudulent votes? Yes (on both sides). Enough to change the results of the election? No.

Last edited:
I didn't like it either. It was stupid As you said, it's nothing illegal though and certainly nothing that warrants this sham commission that Cheney gleefully joined.
I think the American people have a right to know exactly what happened that day and how he responded to it. I wish it was more bipartisan and that there were cross examinations. That said little of what has been testified to has been contradicted. The "he attacked the driver" story is essentially the only fact presented that has been refuted, and even those anonymous sources have yet to come forward as we were told they would do.

Decide there are other laws and longstanding traditions like a peaceful transfer of power that he doesn't give a **** about?

Devasting.
You know he can serve only one more term if elected right?

Longstanding traditions such as never raiding the home of a former president?

Psychology Today is a reputable source, no?

As such, lack of official recognition does not mean that TDS is not a real mental condition.

Many have argued that some people have been seriously disturbed and distressed by the policies, speech, behavior, and tweets of President Trump, so much so that it has affected their cognitive, affective, and behavioral functioning. Such people may need mental health support. As such, further research is necessary to investigate the extreme reactions toward President Trump, in the same way that researchers investigate other extreme social phenomena

Psychology Today is a reputable source, no?

As such, lack of official recognition does not mean that TDS is not a real mental condition.

Many have argued that some people have been seriously disturbed and distressed by the policies, speech, behavior, and tweets of President Trump, so much so that it has affected their cognitive, affective, and behavioral functioning. Such people may need mental health support. As such, further research is necessary to investigate the extreme reactions toward President Trump, in the same way that researchers investigate other extreme social phenomena

I hardly have an extreme reaction to him. I’m just not swinging from his nuts like some of you. I wonder what the name for that is.

I hardly have an extreme reaction to him. I’m just not swinging from his nuts like some of you. I wonder what the name for that is.
Oh but you do.
Have you yet named one of his policies that was detrimental to this country? If you can't then you suffer from TDS.
"Swinging from his nuts" ? Case in point. An irrational argument.

Conversely, defending a president who actually did he promised, then to take the abuse he did for 4 years is rational... and does not constitute us "swinging from his nuts".

So inflicted with TDS you forgot that Obama was the one who had followers swinging from his nuts. The epitome of a cult leader. Children in public schools singing odes of praise to Obama, dubbed as "The One" by Oprah Winfrey, while Jamie Foxx proclaimed him as "Our Lord and Savior"....let me know what Obama did to win the Nobel Peace Prize.

I did not say he committed a crime nor did I say what he did was impeachable.

Yet you applauded Cheney for her courage when she voted to impeach Trump the first time. Right?

The Cheneys and the Bushes, Romney and McCain began their anti-Trump agenda before he was even elected, yet you fail to see it. TDS does that.

The audacity of this bombastic non-politician to bust down the door to our Republican clubhouse believing he could do better than us career politicians.

Decide there are other laws and longstanding traditions like a peaceful transfer of power that he doesn't give a **** about?
You have got to be freaking kidding me ? Peaceful transfer of power. Mhhhmm like Obama ? They started trying to investigate, and impeach Trump before he was even sworn in.

TDS is real, it may start off slow but you can see it snowball.

Cheney says she might run for president. I ask you this, even though she is clearly a RINO, would and communist democrats vote for her? Would and communist Democrat money back her up? The likely answer to both questions is no. How can she expect to win?

Oh but you do.
Have you yet named one of his policies that was detrimental to this country? If you can't then you suffer from TDS.
"Swinging from his nuts" ? Case in point. An irrational argument.

Conversely, defending a president who actually did he promised, then to take the abuse he did for 4 years is rational... and does not constitute us "swinging from his nuts".

So inflicted with TDS you forgot that Obama was the one who had followers swinging from his nuts. The epitome of a cult leader. Children in public schools singing odes of praise to Obama, dubbed as "The One" by Oprah Winfrey, while Jamie Foxx proclaimed him as "Our Lord and Savior"....let me know what Obama did to win the Nobel Peace Prize.
More whataboutism. Have I ever praised Obama here once? I was one of his staunchest opponents, maybe you haven't been around here that long. I can dislike Trump's actions without being a fan of Obama.

Yet you applauded Cheney for her courage when she voted to impeach Trump the first time. Right?

The Cheneys and the Bushes, Romney and McCain began their anti-Trump agenda before he was even elected, yet you fail to see it. TDS does that.

The audacity of this bombastic non-politician to bust down the door to our Republican clubhouse believing he could do better than us career politicians.
No I didn't applaud her for that. Yet she still did what she believed was right, even if I disagreed with her.

Blah blah blah Bush Mccain Cheney Obama...few of you address anything negative Trump does, ever.

Yeah, swinging from his nuts. Cultlike.

Cheney says she might run for president. I ask you this, even though she is clearly a RINO, would and communist democrats vote for her? Would and communist Democrat money back her up? The likely answer to both questions is no. How can she expect to win?
There's no way she would get the nomination in this lifetime without the support of Trump followers. I sure would like to see her debate him though.

That would be TDS as well - Trump Devotion Syndrome. That's where you get called a **** lib for saying anything against Trump. Both are literally from the same cloth - just different sides as the derangement folks can't have a discussion about anything political without bringing up Trump for some reason.