• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Adios Liz Cheney...

It doesn't matter what you or I would rather have, what matters is that he will lose. His endorsements will cost us the Senate, and if he gets the nomination, he will cost us the White House. Again.
believe me, I'm not wanting him to run again.

I want DeSantis to run, but I also fear what might happen to my state if DeSantis is not here to keep the Dems at bay.

It doesn't matter what you or I would rather have, what matters is that he will lose. His endorsements will cost us the Senate, and if he gets the nomination, he will cost us the White House. Again.
"us"? Why do I get the feeling that you voted for Biden?

"us"? Why do I get the feeling that you voted for Biden?
LOL. Your feeling is wrong. I have never voted for a Democrat in my life.

I certainly don’t want Biden over Trump. I want a better Republican over Trump.

I will say I know numerous Republicans who voted for Biden because they thought he’d be a moderate and they couldn’t stomach Trump.
You know a bunch of RINOs. Republicans do not vote for a Democrat under ANY circumstances. They vote for a third party candidate or an independent or write in Mick E. Mouse but they don’t vote for a Democrat.

I don’t, we’ll **** I didn’t, view myself as either. Who will make my life, families, and friends lives better? That’s who I vote for.

I got suckered in with the first BO. Ever since it has been full Rep.

I don’t vote on “feelings” - who the **** is going to make my wallet less thin.

Edit. And at the same time not destroying the fabric that is this republic.

I don’t, we’ll **** I didn’t, view myself as either. Who will make my life, families, and friends lives better? That’s who I vote for.

I got suckered in with the first BO. Ever since it has been full Rep.

I don’t vote on “feelings” - who the **** is going to make my wallet less thin.

Edit. And at the same time not destroying the fabric that is this republic.
Which is exactly why I don't vote for Democrats. Despite my distaste for Trump as a human being, Democrats running things is much worse. Imagine Merrick Garland as a member of the SCOTUS. I acknowledge that a lot of what Trump's administration did (including fast-tracking the vaccines most of you hate so much) was good. His disregard for rules and protocol and the dignity of the office, his malignant narcissism, scare the hell out of me in terms of what he might do one day. But not as much as Democrat free reign over this country does.

She actually thinks she could beat Trump, DeSantis or any other republican when she can't even get 30% of her own state's votes. She's ******* nuts. She should just have her dad shoot her in the face now, put her out of her misery.
She could run with Kinzinger for a super suck ticket.

LOL. Your feeling is wrong. I have never voted for a Democrat in my life.

I certainly don’t want Biden over Trump. I want a better Republican over Trump.
I would rather have DeSantis over Trump, but if Trump wins the primaries then its Trump full speed ahead.

I have to admit that I was once a Democrat, but in my defense, when I was a Dem, I never voted. The only reason I even knew it was election day was because the bars where closed. :)

I would rather have DeSantis over Trump, but if Trump wins the primaries then its Trump full speed ahead.

I have to admit that I was once a Democrat, but in my defense, when I was a Dem, I never voted. The only reason I even knew it was election day was because the bars where closed. :)
That's great, unfortunately there are a lot of people in this country who would vote for a potato if it meant keeping Trump out of the White House. Or should I say, did.

That's great, unfortunately there are a lot of people in this country who would vote for a potato if it meant keeping Trump out of the White House. Or should I say, did.
That’s racist. Clearly a wet noodle, dry sponge, empty vessel……potato’s are great!

Whether he directly incited the violence is debatable (I didn't say he did). What we do know is he knew the election crap he was pushing was a pack of lies, he had been told that by his own people, he pushed it anyway, he was begged by his own advisors and his own children to try and stop what was happening, he didn't, he helped put law enforcement officers and elected officials in needless danger by not trying to stop it, he tweeted a lie about his own vice president Mike Pence while knowing a mob was chanting "Hang Mike Pence", he continues to push long debunked lies about the election that are destroying faith in our election system and possibly pushing us towards civil war, he's tried to strong arm local election officials into giving him the votes he needed...shall I go on?

Of course you all believe the lies (even though none of his own lawyers and advisors do save for Rudy Giuliani) so none of that matters to you I know...

I support anyone who has greater allegiance to this country than they do to Donald Trump or any other individual person.

you said it’s debatable he incited violence. If you put that aside then what crime did he committ? Even if every word he said about the election is a lie, what’s illegal and impeachable about that? Serious question.

So what we have learned is Donald Trump is so bad because of.....feelings. Ever notice the most staunch Trump haters fumble and bumble as soon as they are asked to provide concrete examples of the vague "He is so bad because...." arguments? Because there is no substance. He;s a dick, nobody is going to argue that point. But putting your fingers in your ears and ignoring all reality around you for that reason seems rather childish to me. Maybe I'm alone here.

you said it’s debatable he incited violence. If you put that aside then what crime did he committ? Even if every word he said about the election is a lie, what’s illegal and impeachable about that? Serious question.
I did not say he committed a crime nor did I say what he did was impeachable. You'd have to dig deep into the statutes. I think it would be difficult to prove that he directly instructed anyone to do anything violent. Failing to stop or persuade people from their own choices and actions, even if it could be proven he had the capability to do that, is not illegal as far as I know. I said I found his behavior that day unconscionable, as well as his continued insistence without evidence that the election was stolen. Whether it's illegal or not it is dangerous to the foundations of this country. It sets a terrible precedent, just as it did when Hillary and Al Gore questioned the legitimacy of their elections. It's going down a bad path toward banana republic territory. Early on I was willing to consider legitimate allegations of fraud. There was an investigatory and legal process to determine if any of it actually happened. Allegation after allegation has been proven false, largely by Republican election officials who actually wanted him to win. But Trump and his minions refuse to accept reality. That is very dangerous. And just insisting the last election was stolen is not going to win him the next one.

As I've said numerous times, "not technically illegal" doesn't make it right.

List of other people who found his behavior that day unconscionable, some of whom begged him to do something different: Hannity, Ingraham, Kilmeade, Ivanka, Don. Jr., Cippolone, Pottinger, Barr, McEnany, Mulvaney, Tully, Liddell, I can go on...

Last edited:
putting your fingers in your ears and ignoring all reality around you for that reason seems rather childish to me
It certainly does.

Why is she the media saint who has been casted aside? Is the brainwash already being started?

I did not say he committed a crime nor did I say what he did was impeachable. You'd have to dig deep into the statutes. I think it would be difficult to prove that he directly instructed anyone to do anything violent. Failing to stop or persuade people from their own choices and actions, even if it could be proven he had the capability to do that, is not illegal as far as I know. I said I found his behavior that day unconscionable, as well as his continued insistence without evidence that the election was stolen. Whether it's illegal or not it is dangerous to the foundations of this country. It sets a terrible precedent, just as it did when Hillary and Al Gore questioned the legitimacy of their elections. It's going down a bad path toward banana republic territory. Early on I was willing to consider legitimate allegations of fraud. There was an investigatory and legal process to determine if any of it actually happened. Allegation after allegation has been proven false, largely by Republican election officials who actually wanted him to win. But Trump and his minions refuse to accept reality. That is very dangerous. And just insisting the last election was stolen is not going to win him the next one.

As I've said numerous times, "not technically illegal" doesn't make it right.

List of other people who found his behavior that day unconscionable, some of whom begged him to do something different: Hannity, Ingraham, Kilmeade, Ivanka, Don. Jr., Cippolone, Pottinger, Barr, McEnany, Mulvaney, Tully, Liddell, I can go on...

I didn't like it either. It was stupid As you said, it's nothing illegal though and certainly nothing that warrants this sham commission that Cheney gleefully joined.