• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Al Franken endorses Hillary Clinton, says Elizabeth Warren is not running in 2016

Spike

Reaction score
Leftists heads are asploding

Franken tells TV network: 'I'm ready for Hillary' to be president

U.S. Sen. Al Franken said he will back former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton in her likely presidential run, and will not consider any other candidate.

“I think Hillary would make a great president. I haven’t announced that I’m supporting her. Does this count?” Franken said during an interview on the MSNBC cable network with Ari Melber that aired Tuesday afternoon. He added that he feels no need to scope out other presidential contenders.

“I’m ready for Hillary,” Franken said. “I think we’ve not had someone this experienced, and this tough. She’s very, very impressive.” Asked whether his stance was a formal endorsement, Franken said, “If this is what you call an endorsement, I guess yes. So yes.”

Franken added that he’s also been asked about U.S. Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., as a presidential candidate in 2016.

“She is great,” he said, “but she’s not running.”

http://www.startribune.com/politics/statelocal/285958571.html

Hillary is superior to any other potential Democratic candidate. However, as far as the Democrats are concerned, history shows that in recent history (the past 60 years), electing the same party to a 3rd term is extremely rare. George H.W. Bush was the last example.

Before then, you have to go back to Truman. Basically, for the last 3 generations, voters change the executive branch after 2 terms.

Eisenhower (R) - Kennedy (D)
Kennedy/Johnson (D) - Nixon (R)
Nixon/Ford (R) - Carter (D)
Carter (D) [1 term] - Reagan (R)
Reagan (R) - George H.W. Bush (R) (the exception)
George H.W. Bush (R) - Bill Clinton (D)
Bill Clinton (D) - George W. Bush (R)
George W. Bush (R) - Barack Obama (D)

This trend supersedes registration, or Congressional voting. It is a trend.

I don't get it...why would Al Franken leave you nauseated?

18erpzpga8wjujpg.jpg

............the horror...................the horror.....

what the dimwits don't understand is Hillary is only two years older than Pocohontas, the ex Republican - two old wrinkled white wimmin' baby boomers is all they got?

what the dimwits don't understand is Hillary is only two years older than Pocohontas, the ex Republican - two old wrinkled white wimmin' baby boomers is all they got?

We currently have the FBP. The Dems see it as their duty to have the FWP too. Their next Presidential candidates will be women no matter how long it takes to win.