• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

And it Begins:Special Prosecutor To Investigate Trump And Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today's indictment against Manafort does little to push the needle - one way or another - on the multiple angles of this investigation, including Russian collusion. We have no clarity of where Mueller is on those fronts. It seems at this stage he simply had enough hard evidence against Manafort and his partner that he filed the charges against them. What is still on the table, we have no idea about. So yes, it is presumptious of me to think this thing will go further, much further, and implicate a host of others on a myriad of charges. It is also presumptious on all your part to think that it won't. We simply don't know.

As I predicted... this gives neither side a talking point they want... its a money laundering charge from 3 to 4 years prior to the election and no direct ties to anything but russian peripherals...

There is one truth about these special prosecutor cases niether side likes to admit... often what they want to investigate publicly, ie Iran Contra or the Clinton scandals, reach far into both sides of the aisle so nothing but stooges and patsies are ever really charged...

Here are the facts of this nothingburger, for you anti-American libtard *****:

The government alleges that at least $75 million was moved by Manafort to offshore accounts without declaring the income to the government. Form there Manafort allegedly withdrew $18 million to fund a lavish lifestyle, and Gates pulled another $3 million out.

The indictment is purely focused on alleged financial crimes and does not include any charges related to the broader question that formed the basis of Mueller's investigation – whether Donald Trump's presidential campaign colluded with Russia to swing the 2016 election in his favor.

It describes criminal allegations that predate the Trump campaign; Trump's name is not mentioned in the 31-page document.

'Sorry, but this is years ago, before Paul Manafort was part of the Trump campaign,' Trump tweeted after the charges were unsealed. 'But why aren't Crooked Hillary & the Dems the focus?????'

'Also, there is NO COLLUSION!' he insisted.

Oooooh, an offshore account! Like that's not commonplace. This whole investigation is a huge waste of taxpayer money. Indict the Clintons and get this **** over with.

LOL! So the investigation of Al Capone was a witch hunt hoax as well?

What the **** is your point?

That after 5 months of investigating the false charge (election loss excuse) of Trump-Russia collusion, all that this Clinton stooge could come up with is a former employee committing tax evasion years ago. What a farce. We all know that the real criminal is Hildatwat.

I love it that Trump's campaign manager was just charged with a slew of federal crimes - including being an agent of a foreign government - yet many here - gasp - want to make this story about Hillary, about me, about anything but Trump. LOL

In a statement, Special Counsel's Office spokesman Peter Carr said the indictment "contains 12 counts: conspiracy against the United States, conspiracy to launder money, unregistered agent of a foreign [government], false and misleading [foreign lobbying disclosures], false statements, and seven counts of failure to file reports of foreign bank and financial accounts.

I'm not presuming anything. I'm just stating the FACT that as of yet we've seen nothing to indicate or even hint at election collusion or any criminal activity on the part of Trump whatsoever. If that changes I'll be the first to say so.

This. I think Trump is a jackass, but there is nothing here where collusion is concerned. If they had it, they wouldn't be indicting Manafort for **** he did 5 years ago. The way it looks to me, is that by Jesus, they are gonna charge someone with something. Will something related to collusion come out? Perhaps, but I think even Meuller has moved beyond that. I think they are looking for anything now.

I love it that Trump's campaign manager was just charged with a slew of federal crimes - including being an agent of a foreign government - yet many here - gasp - want to make this story about Hillary, about me, about anything but Trump. LOL

Kelly Ann Conway hasn't been charged with anything, far as I can tell.

This. I think Trump is a jackass, but there is nothing here where collusion is concerned. If they had it, they wouldn't be indicting Manafort for **** he did 5 years ago. The way it looks to me, is that by Jesus, they are gonna charge someone with something. Will something related to collusion come out? Perhaps, but I think even Meuller has moved beyond that. I think they are looking for anything now.

This is the way all special investigations work, apparently.

Tibs, no one's making it about you but you. You're the one back on here celebrating like it's Christmas morning.

Tibs, no one's making it about you but you. You're the one back on here celebrating like it's Christmas morning.
Who's celebrating? Just commenting on the first round of indictments that came down, after months and months reading posts on this board that this whole thing is fake news and nonexistant. Nobody is celebrating. And for sure I won't be celebrating if it turns out Trump and/or other members of his team will be indicted. All of this is terrible for the country and a pathetic place to be politically. If Trump has done nothing wrong, then I hope Mueller clears him without further ado, as this black cloud has been hanging over this presidency from the get go.

Who's celebrating? Just commenting on the first round of indictments that came down, after months and months reading posts on this board that this whole thing is fake news and nonexistant. Nobody is celebrating. And for sure I won't be celebrating if it turns out Trump and/or other members of his team will be indicted. All of this is terrible for the country and a pathetic place to be politically. If Trump has done nothing wrong, then I hope Mueller clears him without further ado, as this black cloud has been hanging over this presidency from the get go.

Ha ha ha. You are especially schizophrenic today.

Peel that onion, one layer at a time. This move has been expected for months, good to see Mueller drop the hammer, a no brainer. What comes next?

So much for the Trump/Breitbart/Fox/SN fallacy that this investigation is fake news. That just went out the window. This investigation is not only real, but in my judgement, still in it's early stages. Great to see Mueller's investigators able to paint a clear picture with Manafort's dealings, including business, banking and tax information. That tells me the process they've set up is highly capable to get to the bottom of criminal activity across borders, involving real estate deals, offshore accounts, tax returns et al. This is a good start, kudos to the DOJ and FBI for uncovering illegal, criminal activity.

It is still FAKE news not one word about Trump or Russia. Still absolutely nothing.

Ha ha ha. You are especially schizophrenic today.
Talk about schizophrenic, what is so celebratory about what I wrote? That I'm glad the FBI and DOJ are doing their job and that criminals are being charged for criminal acts? Are you not happy about that? What's your problem?

Talk about schizophrenic, what is so celebratory about what I wrote? That I'm glad the FBI and DOJ are doing their job and that criminals are being charged for criminal acts? Are you not happy about that? What's your problem?

You can't hide your misguided, irrational and delusional glee, no matter how hard you try.

No more happy than I am that any criminal gets indicted. Perhaps I'm misreading the tone of your posts, but you like many in the media seem joyful that this is some huge first step towards getting at Trump, while rational people who look at actual facts see that so far this has absolutely nothing to do with Trump.

And I don't even like Trump...I also don't like to see facts twisted to serve a political agenda. That's going on all over the place today.

...rational people who look at actual facts see that so far this has absolutely nothing to do with Trump.

If you have time, read through this thread. It consists of 60 or so posts. This will help any rational person who looks at actual facts see more clearly.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">(THREAD) Paul Manafort and Rick Gates are now indicted. This thread analyzes legal and political aspects of their indictment and surrender. <a href="https://t.co/Ir8zKaA1F2">pic.twitter.com/Ir8zKaA1F2</a></p>— Seth Abramson (@SethAbramson) <a href="https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status/924988111880417280?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 30, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

If you have time, read through this thread. It consists of 60 or so posts. This will help any rational person who looks at actual facts see more clearly.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">(THREAD) Paul Manafort and Rick Gates are now indicted. This thread analyzes legal and political aspects of their indictment and surrender. <a href="https://t.co/Ir8zKaA1F2">pic.twitter.com/Ir8zKaA1F2</a></p>— Seth Abramson (@SethAbramson) <a href="https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status/924988111880417280?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 30, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

He's an unhinged libtard hack full of unproven theories and wishful thinking. Not a shred of evidence and it's no surprise that you take that idiot seriously. LMAO! You need mental health care.

I read the indictment. That contains the actual facts, not a bunch of people's politically infuenced spin on them.

More news from Mueller's investigation coming out today.

Early Trump campaign adviser pleaded guilty to making false statements about Russia contacts to FBI

http://www.businessinsider.com/who-is-george-papadopoulos-pleaded-guilty-fbi-russia-contacts-2017-10

An early foreign policy adviser and aide to President Donald Trump's campaign team secretly pleaded guilty earlier this month to making false statements to the FBI about the nature and extent of his contacts with foreign nationals who he knew had ties to senior Russian government officials.

George Papadopoulos, 30, was a foreign policy adviser to Trump's campaign in early 2016. He sent at least six emails to top Trump advisers during the campaign offering to set up meetings with Russian officials, The Washington Post reported in August. The first of those emails was sent in March 2016 with the subject line " Meeting with Russian Leadership - Including Putin."

Papadopoulos was arrested on July 27, 2017 upon his arrival to Dulles airport in Washington DC and met with government agents several times thereafter. He pleaded guilty on October 5 and now appears to be a cooperating witness in Mueller's investigation.

Read the full statement of the offense against Papadopoulos below:

https://www.scribd.com/document/363...urce=impactradius&medium=affiliate#from_embed

Is it really necessary to characterize the cloud as "black"?

Also read Papadapoulous's plea.

This is a guy who was desperately trying to arrange meetings between a couple of Russian operatives, and ultimately Putin, and the campaign. He was shot down. These meetings never happened. Sounds like he was trying to build himself up in importance to the campaign, but no one wanted to buy what he was selling. The only thing he's pled guilty to is fudging the dates of when these contacts occurred.

And by the way, if Trump HAD met with Russian officials or even Putin during the campaign, is that illegal? I'd like to see what laws would be violated in that case.

Tibs,

I understand you loathe Donald J Trump as your President. Just as many of us did with Barak Obama as "44".

Reading between the lines, it is extremely easy to see that you are giddy with glee that someone - anyone - associated with your President has been indicted in this special investigation. Please focus on what has transpired, and what has been uncovered. This indictment is based on something that has a fluctuating time line dating back to 2006.

I would implore you to review the POTUS during the vast majority of that time frame and closely investigate any of the associations with Russia. While it is doubtful that "44" would ever be brought up on charges, nor any of his miserable underlings, you have to understand that "45" was not POTUS during this time frame.

You should also attempt to understand how far this may very well reach into our political system.

You'll come to believe - if you're honest with yourself - that none of these ******* give a flying **** about any of their constituents or anyone in this country - or any ex-pats. Once you reach that conclusion you may very well see why some of us elected Donald J Trump into office.

Sincerely,
Supe

And by the way, if Trump HAD met with Russian officials or even Putin during the campaign, is that illegal? I'd like to see what laws would be violated in that case.

And what if Trump had his attorney pay a foreign spy and Russian officials millions of dollars to make false statements and publish a fake dossier on Hillary during the campaign? The fake news media would be SCREAMING collusion.

Good to know there is bipartisan support for the ongoing investigation.

GOP lawmaker: We need to continue to support Mueller's investigation
http://thehill.com/homenews/house/3...to-continue-to-support-muellers-investigation

Rep. Jim Banks (R-Ind.) on Monday said Republicans need to continue to support special counsel Robert Mueller in his investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election.

"Months ago I & many other Republicans vowed to support Mueller investigation & allow it to work its way through process to get the facts," Banks tweeted Monday.

"In light of today’s indictments we must continue to support and allow the integrity of the process to work."

His comments come after reports that President Trump's former campaign chairman, Paul Manafort, will turn himself in to the FBI in what appears to be the first charges related to Mueller's investigation.

Manafort has been charged with 12 counts, including conspiracy against the United States, according to the Justice Department.

Trump has in the past called the Russia probe a "witch hunt" and denied any collusion with Russia.

Democrats have warned that the country would be thrust into a constitutional crisis if he were to fire Mueller.

House Oversight Committee Chairman Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.) on Sunday similarly said Republicans need to let Mueller do his job.

“I would encourage my Republican friends — give the guy a chance to do his job,” Gowdy said on "Fox News Sunday."

Status
Not open for further replies.