• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

And we think teenagers don't pay attention.....

Yinzerlyn

Contributor
Reaction score
Got a text from kiddo during school yesterday. She was pissed off. Said the following:

"So Obama is promising free tuition for 2 years at a community college if you 'work hard' and graduate HS with a 2.5 GPA. OH?"

I told her that it wasn't free and that Clinton tried something similar back when I was in college.

She replied:

"OK Awesome! Thank you! I know it's not free and it's bullshit that you only have to have a 2.5. That's not college material. Why would I want to work my butt off for good grades if all you need is a 2.5?"

My work is over. Carry on.

Well considering our government operates in red ink every year,they'd have to raise taxes. I'm sure if Barry had his way taxes would be 60-90% to the federal government and they would control all curriculum. That guy is all about state control.

Steelerlyn "So Obama is promising free tuition for 2 years at a community college "

Well considering our government operates in red ink every year,they'd have to raise taxes. I'm sure if Barry had his way taxes would be 60-90% to the federal government and they would control all curriculum. That guy is all about state control.

....View attachment 1054........View attachment 1055

Last edited:
I never thought that they didn't pay attention....they only pay attention to what they wanna pay attention to

They already do with Common Core.

I was at a x-mas party and all the teenagers convened in the living room with a big wraparound couch. They sat there on their phones the entire time never saying a word to each other. It's bizarre.

http://www.foreignassistance.gov/web/RGAIntro.aspx
$1.5 Billion in aid to Afghanistan
$1.5 Billion in aid to Egypt

slice that **** off the top of foreign aid, and ALL state-funded colleges and universities will be free without raising a half a penny in taxes.

I was at a x-mas party and all the teenagers convened in the living room with a big wraparound couch. They sat there on their phones the entire time never saying a word to each other. It's bizarre.

They were probably texting someone on the same said couch too.

http://www.foreignassistance.gov/web/RGAIntro.aspx
$1.5 Billion in aid to Afghanistan
$1.5 Billion in aid to Egypt

slice that **** off the top of foreign aid, and ALL state-funded colleges and universities will be free without raising a half a penny in taxes.

I dunno, if you estimate tuition at $20k a year, $3 billion would only cover about 150,000 students tuition for a year.

I dunno, if you estimate tuition at $20k a year, $3 billion would only cover about 150,000 students tuition for a year.

my tuition is half that, going full time and paying in-state resident fees.
higher education costs are a ******* racket anyway.

Have you seen how they communicate with Snapchat?

Community colleges are not close to $20K a year... Full time student for two semesters here at a community college is a little over $3300 for a year... The problem I see in this plan is what is the government paying for these students? A two year associates degree that most will not even earn in two years??? In the past, associates degrees may have helped someone. Now, I do not think they really help. Heck, a Master's is basically considered what a Bachelor's degree was 20 years ago.

Welcome to the 21st century. Having a regular SPEAKING conversation is so 20th century that only old people do.

Welcome to the 21st century. Having a regular SPEAKING conversation is so 20th century that only old people do.

No ****. I called my son on the phone yesterday, he let it go to voicemail then texted me.

I don't even know what the hell Snapchat or Instagram are...but apparently they are the new hotness in social media.

That being said....my daughter's college is almost 100% paid for, thanks to the GI Bill. There are STRICT standards she must adhere to in order to GET the money and to KEEP the money....one of which is a 3.5 GPA. If she fails to get a 3.5, then she loses her funding. She knows the repercussions of what could happen if she fails to get the good grades. She knows that mommy and daddy won't help her out if she loses her money....and now that she knows that just about ANY Joe Schmo can get into a school now, she has even more reason to keep up her grades.
I am curious to see if this "free money"comes with strict guidelines or if we taxpayers are just supposed to say BOHICA and not ask questions.

Lyn - How is it your daughter gets her college paid for by the GI Bill? Hell, I served for 8 years and and since I joined at the wrong time, I didn't get ****, unless I forked over MY MONEY to get a match.

Lyn - How is it your daughter gets her college paid for by the GI Bill? Hell, I served for 8 years and and since I joined at the wrong time, I didn't get ****, unless I forked over MY MONEY to get a match.

They had a program where you could transfer your GI Bill to your kids or spouse. You had to serve at such and such a time for a certain number of years. I had been in 3 months too long and could not transfer mine. IT is the dumbest of rules. The **** is mine. I paid for it. I should be able to do with it what I please.