• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Another school shooting. 8 dead.

You’re right. The only way to prevent this is to basically turn schools into prisons.

Desperate ******* times call for desperate measures. As someone in a school, I can tell you that mentally/emotionally ****** up middle and high schoolers strive for "one upsmanship" with their peers above all else. You can be sure that as soon as one kid cuts up his arm with a blade, the next kid does it to himself even worse to show how much more depressed he is than the last kid. They have to go bigger for fear that it could be viewed the last kid has a worse life than they do, which defeats the entire purpose of their grand statement . These will never, ever stop and the severity and scale will continue to rise.

It seems very stupid to me to not take every precaution at this point. School shootings are becoming a fad with disturbed kids just like cutting and suicide threats. It's just now taking off and will get worse.

Last edited:
I think you all misunderstood my statement. The only way to prevent this is to screen everyone coming into the schools....metal detectors etc. As you would do for someone (visitor, employee)coming into a prison.That shouldn’t be the case in a civilized nation, but that is what we have come to.

I think you all misunderstood my statement. The only way to prevent this is to screen everyone coming into the schools....metal detectors etc. As you would do for someone (visitor, employee)coming into a prison.That shouldn’t be the case in a civilized nation, but that is what we have come to.

No that's what I thought you meant. My response is that a rash of uncivilized and deadly behavior sometimes causes things to change out of common sense and good judgment.

Trust me, I'd rather schools not be lock down facilities also. I also think it's irresponsible for them not to be at this point.

Last edited:
And another case of a kid being bullied but no one wants to address that. How many kids have hung themselves or overdosed because they were bullied no one wants to talk about that because it doesn't fit the liberal agenda. these same kids that are screaming for gun confiscation are the same ones pushing these unstable kids over the edge. Maybe they should get off the television and start taking time to treat their peers with a little respect and love.

how about everyone focus on the real issue.....schools ignoring bullying and kids being the ******** they are and ******* with their peers for no ******* reason.....

And another case of a kid being bullied but no one wants to address that. How many kids have hung themselves or overdosed because they were bullied no one wants to talk about that because it doesn't fit the liberal agenda. these same kids that are screaming for gun confiscation are the same ones pushing these unstable kids over the edge. Maybe they should get off the television and start taking time to treat their peers with a little respect and love.

My only problem is that kids have no idea what even constitutes bullying anymore. Somebody whispering across the room and you THINK they may be talking about you....bullying. You were talking in class and another student told you to be quiet....bullying. The kid across from you is talking in class and you can't concentrate.....bullying. I have had these exact scenarios reported to me as bullying NUMEROUS times as well as many similar situations. Not only have they reported it as bullying but they had an epic meltdown either in class or in my office because of it.

During this school year percentage of actual bullying compared to reported bullying as reported by students and parents is about 10%. Daily I have to distinguish to somebody the difference between being annoyed by someone and being bullied by someone. They have no idea what the difference is.

Last edited:
You’re right. The only way to prevent this is to basically turn schools into prisons.

Or financial institutions. Or sports arenas.

how about everyone focus on the real issue.....schools ignoring bullying and kids being the ******** they are and ******* with their peers for no ******* reason.....

This is a big factor for sure.
I still think kids are not engaged with the world anymore.
Which is why I think a lot more kids are angry, depressed and bullied. They're so shelled in they come off as socially awkward which results in bullying ---> angry/depressed

And another case of a kid being bullied but no one wants to address that.

Just curious, and not doubting it whatsoever, but do you have any good links to this? I saw his name trending on twitter so I thought I might find something there but it's just a cesspool of anti-Trump remarks by delusional idiots. From someone who seems semi-sane, mature & concerned enough but just doesn't get it:

Another preventable tragedy due to the abundance and rampant accessibility of guns.

And my response (to which I've got nothing back yet):

Replying to @jasoncparrish @FoxNews
Yeah blame the gun. Heroin & other opioids are illegal & look how that's going. Perhaps more accountability from FBI/other agencies down to the complete accountability of parents of these kids is more in order. Cell phones in the hand of someone driving a 2 ton machine also kill.

This is a big factor for sure.
I still think kids are not engaged with the world anymore.
Which is why I think a lot more kids are angry, depressed and bullied. They're so shelled in they come off as socially awkward which results in bullying ---> angry/depressed

I 100% agree. A ton of families with one parent, meaning the kids have a ton of time on their own. Not criticizing, by the way, just stating a fact. The kids spend time on social media, which results in beatdowns like me *****-stomping elfiePoloLiarCoward. Kids then withdraw. Become isolated and angry, like AspergerElfiePoloTardLiarCoward. Those pathetic losers then turn to extremism, like ... well, we all get the point (except of course AspergerElfiePoloLiarCoward, who is too stupid to understand. Explain it to him, Supe.)

Reactions: MTC
My only problem is that kids have no idea what even constitutes bullying anymore. Somebody whispering across the room and you THINK they may be talking about you....bullying. You were talking in class and another student told you to be quiet....bullying. The kid across from you is talking in class and you can't concentrate.....bullying. I have had these exact scenarios reported to me as bullying NUMEROUS times as well as many similar situations. Not only have they reported it as bullying but they had an epic meltdown either in class or in my office because of it.

During this school year percentage of actual bullying compared to reported bullying as reported by students and parents is about 10%. Daily I have to distinguish to somebody the difference between being annoyed by someone and being bullied by someone. They have no idea what the difference is.

This is correct. We had a guy at work who constantly thought people were picking on him, making fun of him, calling him a joke etc etc. and he would just flip out on people. None of the stuff he thought was true. On Monday night he flipped out on a couple people and was sitting in his car in the parking lot an hour after shift. When second shift was about to leave they called the cops on him. Cops did not find him and did nothing. They called me in to change door codes. This guy seems to have a touch of autism or something, because after only 2 days he basically had 100 residents and employees names down. After working with this guy i can kinda see how these school shooters minds work. I have no doubt some are legitimately bullied, but some are just so paranoid that anytime someone laughs they think they are being made fun of.
My solution to all this is only one entrance to all schools with a metal detector. Only problem with this is it would create a line up and easy target. i just don't know what else to try

and parents not allowed to discipline their ******* snowflakes without DCS getting involved, thus enabling the entitlement of this generation of ********.

This is correct. We had a guy at work who constantly thought people were picking on him, making fun of him, calling him a joke etc etc. and he would just flip out on people. None of the stuff he thought was true. On Monday night he flipped out on a couple people and was sitting in his car in the parking lot an hour after shift. When second shift was about to leave they called the cops on him. Cops did not find him and did nothing. They called me in to change door codes. This guy seems to have a touch of autism or something, because after only 2 days he basically had 100 residents and employees names down. After working with this guy i can kinda see how these school shooters minds work. I have no doubt some are legitimately bullied, but some are just so paranoid that anytime someone laughs they think they are being made fun of.
My solution to all this is only one entrance to all schools with a metal detector. Only problem with this is it would create a line up and easy target. i just don't know what else to try

Rainman burn baby! Seriously though, one main entrance with a metal detector and armed cop is the answer. Then armed cop stays at the school through dismissal. I’m all for it. Also have a minimum of 25% of the faculty armed and trained. Threat over.

Rainman burn baby! Seriously though, one main entrance with a metal detector and armed cop is the answer.

The practical problem with this is basic - it will take all ******* day to get the students through the metal detectors. The line will back up for yards, and the dimwit students will constantly forget to remove their keys, their cell phones, their sunglasses, etc. and trigger the alarm. Line stops. Dumbass checks pockets and OH LOOK, MY PHONE!!

I know this from going to court dozens of times per year. Lawyers put their **** in the plastic container and go. The public roots around, forgets ****, the alarm goes off, they remove phone or what-the-****-ever, get back in line, etc.

It will take A ******* LONG TIME just to get kids through the door.

The practical problem with this is basic - it will take all ******* day to get the students through the metal detectors. The line will back up for yards, and the dimwit students will constantly forget to remove their keys, their cell phones, their sunglasses, etc. and trigger the alarm. Line stops. Dumbass checks pockets and OH LOOK, MY PHONE!!

I know this from going to court dozens of times per year. Lawyers put their **** in the plastic container and go. The public roots around, forgets ****, the alarm goes off, they remove phone or what-the-****-ever, get back in line, etc.

I see that, I’ve been through Hamilton County Superior Court’s security and TSA more times than I ever wanted to. But it can efficient. All items go in backpacks. And they can have double lanes. The little ******** can wake up 30 minutes earlier.

I see that, I’ve been through Hamilton County Superior Court’s security and TSA more times than I ever wanted to. But it can efficient. All items go in backpacks. And they can have double lanes. The little ******** can wake up 30 minutes earlier.

I hear 'ya, brother, but it will take 4 years to sort through those used to hearing the bell as they are running through the parking lot to get to class.

I hear 'ya, brother, but it will take 4 years to sort through those used to hearing the bell as they are running through the parking lot to get to class.

Yeah, that’s true. I’m still dealing with middle school. High School is a whole other set of issues. Makes me want to ask my wife to home school. Then I’d need someone to clean up the blood.

Lawyers put their **** in the plastic container and go. The public roots around, forgets ****, the alarm goes off, they remove phone or what-the-****-ever, get back in line, etc.

Good point. But at this point (with this creepy copy-cat phenomena that seems to be going on), I say inconvenience the staff and students to help save some lives. ****'s getting ridiculous. And just an aside, I watched the gunman getting read his rights and capital crime charge that he committed, and he seemed completely compliant, regretful of the terrible things he just did and just completely embarrassed of the display of carnage he perpetrated -- which makes me wonder, WTF is really going on in these kids' heads? Is bullying that serious of an issue and does it actually need to be addressed on another level?

I mean, my god, when I was a kid, we gave each other **** and fought and sometimes bled, but we just took it and eventually made peace w/ whoever. Why do things seem so much more complicated today?

Good point. But at this point (with this creepy copy-cat phenomena that seems to be going on), I say inconvenience the staff and students to help save some lives. ****'s getting ridiculous. And just an aside, I watched the gunman getting read his rights and capital crime charge that he committed, and he seemed completely compliant, regretful of the terrible things he just did and just completely embarrassed of the display of carnage he perpetrated -- which makes me wonder, WTF is really going on in these kids' heads? Is bullying that serious of an issue and does it actually need to be addressed on another level?

I mean, my god, when I was a kid, we gave each other **** and fought and sometimes bled, but we just took it and eventually made peace w/ whoever. Why do things seem so much more complicated today?

Social media, cell phones, no real socializing, single parent homes, 20-30 hours a week of violent video games to desensitize you even more from reality. Being a hormonal teenager alone is crazy enough.

Society is going deep down the tubes. They're clueless. ******* kid had a commie **** **** pin. Somebody in his family failed him. Now he just needs a dirt nap.

Social media, cell phones, no real socializing, single parent homes, 20-30 hours a week of violent video games to desensitize you even more from reality. Being a hormonal teenager alone is crazy enough.

Society is going deep down the tubes. They're clueless. ******* kid had a commie **** **** pin. Somebody in his family failed him. Now he just needs a dirt nap.

Sad to see this happening. I'm actually glad my older uncles and grandfathers aren't around to see this. Unbelievable. Don't know what to say really. Very sad. And people wonder why other people turn to alcohol? "Yeah it kills some brain cells, but I don't have to hear David Hogg and Joy Behar talk on national talk shows about the inanimate object they're objectifying." This has become a circus, and anyone who wants to blame Trump for this is 100% off the mark.

Here's the problem. It starts with the education system that is now more interested in pumping up self esteem than teaching facts and useful skills. This leads to a bunch of kids who feel like they are entitled to success because they are so special. If they fail at something, it can;t be their own fault. Somebody else has stolen something from them.

Now you add the next piece. Giving these kids psych drugs like candy. Maybe little Timmy does bad in school because he's not very smart. Drugging him up won't change that. Maybe you should find what he is actually good at and encourage that, Maybe he likes working with his hands so you can get him some tools where he can make birdhouses or something and he'll grow up to be a skilled woodworker who makes more money than the other dumb kids who went to college and got a degree in comparative bullshit and now work at a starbucks while complaining about how he should have gotten the Wall Street job over that stupid Yale guy.

Then what could be the final piece is the internet and social media. These kids haven't learned yet that most people on the internet are lying about their lives. They follow people on Twitter and facebook and see everyone else with perfect happy lives and then feel slighted because their own life doesn't match up. They are too young to know that their classmate's dad only leases that Jag and little miss perfect has an eating disorder.

The bottom line is that progressive nonsense is ruining these kids. They shield these kids from reality and when they finally get a does of the real world, some can't handle it. They have been conditioned to avoid conflict at all costs. Conflict used to mean fist fights. But now conflict is defined to be anything that could possibly maybe make somebody feel bad. So there is no humor, no meaningful interactions. It's all bland and safe.

Ever notice that all these so called YA (young adult) books and movies like Hunger Games are dystopian where kids basically take charge because all the adults blew up the world. These kids love it because they know they are so micro managed. Even their own emotions are micro managed. Of course they love a story about kids being able to forge their own path without big brother controlling them. In their own life, they can't even eat peanut butter at school in case somebody is allergic and stupid enough to eat it anyway.

Let's go back to the days when kids were allowed to experience reality. IE, let them feel consequences again. Everybody does NOT get a trophy. No, your grade does not get adjusted up just so you can pass.

This doesn't mean some kind of sink or swim. Lord of the Flies type of tough love. These new progressives would have us believe that's what school was like forever and they have finally "fixed" it by removing all instinctive behaviors, encouraging girls to act like boys, and boys to just shut the **** up.

No, there is a huge middle ground between smacking kids with rulers and having safe spaces for over-medicated self-entitled snowflakes. We need to get back to that.

Last edited: