• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Another school shooting. 8 dead.

Lmao. Besides the guy dropping his drawers at the end, I had to laugh mostly at the girl who got 3 shots off at about 1:10 and just hit the ground. She was pretty damn intent on hitting her target but ended up legs unwittingly in the air.

Just curious, and not doubting it whatsoever, but do you have any good links to this? I saw his name trending on twitter so I thought I might find something there but it's just a cesspool of anti-Trump remarks by delusional idiots. From someone who seems semi-sane, mature & concerned enough but just doesn't get it::

It was a video of some of the kids and the sheriff I believe. it was in my email when I went to it. they were talking about how even some of the coaches embarrassed him in front of others because of his hygine. I tried to recover it but couldn't.

No worries, and thanks for responding.

how about everyone focus on the real issue.....schools ignoring bullying and kids being the ******** they are and ******* with their peers for no ******* reason.....

The schools I am familiar with address bullying more than ever. However, it is a behavior that has existed amongst humans for thousands of years. It won't go away instantly. There sure was bullying in generations past especially at schools, but kids respond differently today.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

My prayers and condolences go out to the parents and loved ones of the victims.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Steeler Nation mobile app

Trump offered money for all schools in the US to beef up security. Was this one of the schools that refused to accept it? If so, then someone needs to be held accountable.

The schools I am familiar with address bullying more than ever. However, it is a behavior that has existed amongst humans for thousands of years. It won't go away instantly. There sure was bullying in generations past especially at schools, but kids respond differently today.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

It will always be around kids are ********. I had the biggest bully of the school screwing with me in 8th grade. I was standing up reading a paper in the middle of English class and he's smacking his fist on his hand. I stopped what I was saying and told him. Listen mother ****** you're going to have to kill me to beat me,so **** off. You ain't ****. He had all of his little friends tripping me in the hall way for weeks after that. It was always the same for me. Go **** yourself. They ended up leaving me alone.

I had another occurrence when I was 5 years old. Two kids around 12 ganged up on me down by the Allegheny River,stuffed rocks down my pants,grabbed my arms and legs and acted like they where going to swing me out into the river. That's a fast moving river. Scared me to death. When they finally let me go,I ran home. I didn't cry to my mom,I ran right up stairs to my father's closet grabbed one of his razor tipped hunting arrows and ran outside lookibg for them. Lucky for me and them one of my neighbors saw me running with arrow in hand and called my mom. She came down and picked me up then I told her what happened. I was full intent on protecting myself by whatever means I could. I'm sure she made a call and nobody ever messed with me again.

Sad to see this happening. I'm actually glad my older uncles and grandfathers aren't around to see this. Unbelievable. Don't know what to say really. Very sad. And people wonder why other people turn to alcohol? "Yeah it kills some brain cells, but I don't have to hear David Hogg and Joy Behar talk on national talk shows about the inanimate object they're objectifying." This has become a circus, and anyone who wants to blame Trump for this is 100% off the mark.

Even adults nowadays. Go to any busy shopping center. Everyone is on that ******* cell phone nonstop. You have kids now growing up without any real social interaction. Just fiction land social media,reality tv shows and violent criminal games like Grand Theft Auto. You can go around killing cops,run over pedestrians you name it. Horrible ****. I'm sure they have many more games out like it. I wouldn't want my kid putting in 20-30 hours a week doing that crap over and over and over. Not good for young minds.

My son was on ADHD med, until about 2 months ago. Took him off that ****. He was never officially "diagnosed" with anything. A couple teachers bitched about him being fidgety in 1st and second grade, so he must be drugged.
He's 10 now and that **** was making him emotional. Took him off, told the principal of his school what we were doing, she was all for it. Not a single problem since.
I would tell parents with a young child that unless your kid is completely out of control, tell the school to suck a dick.
Don't medicate!
Good for you! I think most of this is coming from teachers. Imagine a boy being fidgety in first grade.

My only problem is that kids have no idea what even constitutes bullying anymore. Somebody whispering across the room and you THINK they may be talking about you....bullying. You were talking in class and another student told you to be quiet....bullying. The kid across from you is talking in class and you can't concentrate.....bullying. I have had these exact scenarios reported to me as bullying NUMEROUS times as well as many similar situations. Not only have they reported it as bullying but they had an epic meltdown either in class or in my office because of it.

During this school year percentage of actual bullying compared to reported bullying as reported by students and parents is about 10%. Daily I have to distinguish to somebody the difference between being annoyed by someone and being bullied by someone. They have no idea what the difference is.

THIS. TIMES 100!!!! Another thing to look at is who is reporting the "bullying." 9 times out of 10 (in my experience), it's the kid who is DOING the so-called bullying that is reporting it. He's acting like an *******, another kid calls him out, and he gets butt-hurt. Bullying is an overused term. Some schools have banned the use of the phrase "best friend" because it bullies the kids who are just "friends" with someone. We have to stop coddling and let kids work **** out on their own!!!!

That being said....there are legitimate cases of bullying....and those need to be addressed. It's difficult though when educators have to see to every little tiny annoyance and save the snowflakes from melting.

I see that, I’ve been through Hamilton County Superior Court’s security and TSA more times than I ever wanted to. But it can efficient. All items go in backpacks. And they can have double lanes. The little ******** can wake up 30 minutes earlier.

How about kids NOT be allowed to take non-essential items to school? Keys, I get. Wallets, ditto. No cell phones. Just books, pencils, pens, and paper. You know....like when us old fogies were in HS.

Good for you! I think most of this is coming from teachers. Imagine a boy being fidgety in first grade.

It isn't coming from teachers. I'm a teacher and I know that we can't suggest putting kids on drugs. We talk to parents about what the students are doing and try to find ways for them to cope. This is where all the fidget spinners came from. Even the administration can't recommend drugs.

The problem is that parents won't discipline their children and expect the school to take care of it (without physically touching them). Most parents won't even come to IEP meetings, show up for parent/ teacher conferences or even answer the damn phone. Until parents are willing to be apart of their child's life apart from putting them in front of video games, paying for phones and pawning them off on relatives, nothing will change.

THIS. TIMES 100!!!! Another thing to look at is who is reporting the "bullying." 9 times out of 10 (in my experience), it's the kid who is DOING the so-called bullying that is reporting it. He's acting like an *******, another kid calls him out, and he gets butt-hurt. Bullying is an overused term.

Yeah, this is what bothers me about people attributing these shootings to bullying. Some kids are just weird, violent and creepy. Other kids don't like these kids or want to be their friends...can you blame them? Are they hateful and violent because they were bullied or were the ostracized because they were hateful and violent? It's a chicken and egg scenario.

I don't like the portrayal of these shooters as victims. They aren't. And we shouldn't be blaming teenagers for not being able to reach out and fix the weird kid that even trained adults haven't been able to fix.

Trump offered money for all schools in the US to beef up security. Was this one of the schools that refused to accept it? If so, then someone needs to be held accountable.

I doubt it. It's kind of soon to have all that stuff ramped up. Government doesn't do anything quickly.

Near Houston, Texas. ****. This stuff has to stop. Kid used a shotgun and a pistol. Planted explosives throughout the school. None went off fortunately. All over the news.

How about this? A better background check. Raise the gun age limit to 21 for ownership ( Under age can still shoot target or hunting, AND provide the same background checks to Immigration and Voter Fraud.

This kid sounds like an entitled jerk, not a victim of bullying...

https://nypost.com/2018/05/20/victi...spect-targeted-my-daughter-for-rejecting-him/

This is scary to me, a couple years ago this weird kid was asking my daughter out. He was always talking to her about being transgender, polyamorous, saying he was depressed and suicidal, etc. As a senior he punched a little freshman kid in the face and got suspended and kicked out of marching band because the kid said "that's gay" about something. This kid was not bullied, he had friends, but some people, especially girls. avoided him because he was creepy.

She is a kind person and didn't want to hurt his feelings and was always very nice about declining, saying she just wanted to be friends, she was friends with his ex and that would be weird etc. He was persistent to the point that I almost called his parents. Eventually he moved on to someone else then graduated thank God.

I just read where the Mother of one of the girls that this fuckhead targeted and murdered had told him to leave her alone after he had been harassing her to go out with him for 4 months. Bullying is the easy go-to reason for everything but sometimes people are just ****** up in the head. They see the glorification of all these other sick school shooters that the media loves to make famous and get it into their minds to become even more famous than the last one.

Teenagers love to copycat each other's destructive tendencies. I'm sure I've told the story about two 8th grade girls I had in my office screaming and cussing at each other over which one is more depressed and who needs to cut themselves more. It basically went like, "*****, you ain't more depressed than me! I way more ******' depressed than you! I been cutting myself since 6th grade and you just started cutting yourself last year, you c_nt!"

They see, they do.

EDIT: Yep that's the one I read too OFTB.

Last edited:
How about this? A better background check. Raise the gun age limit to 21 for ownership ( Under age can still shoot target or hunting, AND provide the same background checks to Immigration and Voter Fraud.

Tell me how that prevents this particular shooting. It doesn't.

Tell me how that prevents this particular shooting. It doesn't.

Right, nothing. It's just ignorant people vomiting off at the mouth about things they don't know anything about.

BAN ARs, that will fix it. O....wait....oops.....never mind.

It isn't coming from teachers. I'm a teacher and I know that we can't suggest putting kids on drugs.
Down here in Georgia they do it all the time. We have three friends who had the teacher recommend ADD meds. I agree with your policy. Teachers have no business making those recommendations, but they do it. I do get a sense from teachers in general, like yourself, that the kids are bad, the parents are bad, they need medicated - but the teachers are great.

Down here in Georgia they do it all the time. We have three friends who had the teacher recommend ADD meds. I agree with your policy. Teachers have no business making those recommendations, but they do it. I do get a sense from teachers in general, like yourself, that the kids are bad, the parents are bad, they need medicated - but the teachers are great.

That's weird. I was told (by a teacher) that here in PA they are not allowed to make any sort of diagnoses or suggest medications. They are not after all qualified to do that.

They sure will hint around it about any which way they can though.

I think this is a valid point.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/K3VQULyT390" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm not in Georgia so I can't speak to that. I know that all we can do is recommend plans of action without mentioning drugs. My son has ADHD and has been on medication for years. I know some people don't believe ADHD is a real thing. If you could have seen him 5 years ago without his medicine it would change your mind.

As a teacher I don't want any part of diagnosing students. That's between the parents and their doctor. If the student can't control themselves in class then I'll call a parent/ teacher meeting and they can take it to the next level... if they bother to show up. If not the student can go to ISS or alternative school.

It isn't coming from teachers. I'm a teacher and I know that we can't suggest putting kids on drugs. We talk to parents about what the students are doing and try to find ways for them to cope. This is where all the fidget spinners came from. Even the administration can't recommend drugs.

The problem is that parents won't discipline their children and expect the school to take care of it (without physically touching them). Most parents won't even come to IEP meetings, show up for parent/ teacher conferences or even answer the damn phone. Until parents are willing to be apart of their child's life apart from putting them in front of video games, paying for phones and pawning them off on relatives, nothing will change.

I'm not saying that you are in this crowd, but it pisses me off when I hear someone say ADHD isn't real, but rather it's just bad parenting.
I don't think I deserve a parent of the Year award, but I think we do a pretty good job with ours.
I do think the medication helped my son to not fidget at his desk in 1st and 2nd grade, but as he's gotten older and a little more mature, he's able to chill out in his own.
I believe kids are WAY over diagnosed these days, sometimes it is just boys being boys imo.
One of his teachers flat out told us that the way the curriculum is pushed these days, they just don't have time to stop and tell little Johnny to stop balancing his pencil on his nose and pay attention. Therefore, send him to a doc and get some meds. **** that.

I'm not saying that you are in this crowd, but it pisses me off when I hear someone say ADHD isn't real, but rather it's just bad parenting.
I don't think I deserve a parent of the Year award, but I think we do a pretty good job with ours.
I do think the medication helped my son to not fidget at his desk in 1st and 2nd grade, but as he's gotten older and a little more mature, he's able to chill out in his own.
I believe kids are WAY over diagnosed these days, sometimes it is just boys being boys imo.
One of his teachers flat out told us that the way the curriculum is pushed these days, they just don't have time to stop and tell little Johnny to stop balancing his pencil on his nose and pay attention. Therefore, send him to a doc and get some meds. **** that.

I don't think ADHD has anything to do with bad parenting and kudos for you for working at the problem and seeing great progress. Sounds like you are doing your kid a huge service. However, I think being a disrespectful little ******* who thinks they don't have to listen to anybody DOES come from bad parenting. I think that's what the majority of teachers are referring to when they criticize parenting. Sadly it's easy to criticize parenting these days when you can't get in touch with half the parents in the school one week after the school year starts because their phones are disconnected from not paying the bill or they get their number changed and they don't bother to tell the school their new number. Then one day a crisis happens with their kid at school and you try for 5 hours to track them down by calling everyone you can think of that might know them. Then when you finally do manage to track them down 5 hours later they have the nerve to yell, "This happened this morning??? Why the **** are you just calling me now?!?!?" You just want to reach through the phone and strangle people sometimes.

Same thing with parents who no show for every meeting all year long, never return phone calls and then have the nerve to ******* go off on you in May because they are just finding their kid hasn't done jack **** all year and is failing everything. Most times it's very, very easy to figure out where these particular **** head kids learned everything they know. Just as bad are the parents who never, ever allow their kid to face a consequence for something they've done without threatening to sue every person that works in the school district. Those kids have involved parents but often turn out worse than the kids from "the wrong side of the tracks" with uninvolved parents because those ones feel like they are above the law and can treat people however they want with no repercussions. They don't fear anything that could happen to them at school because they know mommy or daddy will come in and go crazy in order to bail them out of whatever trouble they've gotten themselves into. Many times it's bullying because they are taught at home that their feelings matter and nobody else's do. Therefore it doesn't matter if you treat everyone around you like ******* dirt, as long as you're happy.

Last edited: