• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Anyone watching Impeachment circus?

Now that the dems have used their 3 days up they are turning to the media to get their message out. I foresee Schiff having news conferences all this week to try and refute whatever the presidents legal team brings up. They've already started by bringing up this video of Trump firing this ambassador.

Yep, funny how the MSM led with this yesterday, before briefly mentioning the defense response to this circus.

They've already started by bringing up this video of Trump firing this ambassador.

That's going to be their new talking point. The problem is, Trump spoke about firing her in that video which was April 2018. Joe Biden didn't announce his Presidential aspirations until a year later.

The left always lies because they know the media will never call them on it. Any media that does is labeled as alt-right and not to be taken seriously. They get facebook and youtube to censor them.

That censorship is big time with them.

from fact-check.org

...As is the custom, Obama immediately replaced most — not all — of Bush’s politically appointed ambassadors. Obama did not remove any of the career appointees to ambassadorships.

Technically, however Obama removed ALL of Bush's ambassador appointees. He left those that Bush had left from the Clinton administration. However all Bush appointees were dismissed. Trump, on the other hand allowed Yovanovitch to remain at her post for 3 years. (She had been appointed by Obama in 2016 and hardly qualified as a "career appointee". Further, reports indicate that she and Trump had a difficult relationship. Allegedly, she refused to display a photo of the president in her offices at the embassy, if true, clearly a protocol breach. Reports also suggest that she was resistant to obstructive in carrying out the requests and demands of the administration.
This is not a good recipe for success when you serve at the leisure of the president. He had every right to remove her at any time, for any reason. There's no smoke here.

from fact-check.org

Technically, however Obama removed ALL of Bush's ambassador appointees. He left those that Bush had left from the Clinton administration. However all Bush appointees were dismissed. Trump, on the other hand allowed Yovanovitch to remain at her post for 3 years. (She had been appointed by Obama in 2016 and hardly qualified as a "career appointee". Further, reports indicate that she and Trump had a difficult relationship. Allegedly, she refused to display a photo of the president in her offices at the embassy, if true, clearly a protocol breach. Reports also suggest that she was resistant to obstructive in carrying out the requests and demands of the administration.
This is not a good recipe for success when you serve at the leisure of the president. He had every right to remove her at any time, for any reason. There's no smoke here.

But, he hurt her feelings, so . . . .

Get your facts straight, toots!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Wow <a href="https://twitter.com/KatiePavlich?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@KatiePavlich</a> seems to have Triggered Chris Wallace because she pointed out that Democrats in the House rushed their investigation and now want the Senate to finish their incomplete work for them. <a href="https://t.co/6TUpWVPPsb">pic.twitter.com/6TUpWVPPsb</a></p>— ALX &#55356;&#56826;&#55356;&#56824; (@alx) <a href="https://twitter.com/alx/status/1221867595428777985?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 27, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The convicted gay child molester in my family just called me "intellectually bankrupt" on Facebook when I pointed out that Trump has not (and will not) be convicted of any crimes.
Second-cousin, we ain't that close.

images

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that, Ron. This nonsense has gotten way out of hand.

Andrew McCarthy can irritate the **** outta me (with his newest article in the National Review), but he lays out the case against Impeachment in his own article:

Here, the president’s best defense has always been that Ukraine got its security aid, and President Volodymyr Zelensky got his coveted high-profile audience with the president of the United States (albeit at the U.N., rather than at the White House). Kyiv barely knew defense aid was being withheld, the very temporary delay had no impact whatsoever on Ukraine’s capacity to counter Russian aggression, and Zelensky was required neither to order nor to announce any investigation of the Bidens.

However objectionable the calculations that led to the delay may have been, nothing of consequence happened. Therefore, there was no impeachable offense. Case closed.

Yes, case closed. Yet he continues on in the article about assumptions and the President asking too much to be vindicated & yada yada yada.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/01/bolton-blows-up-trump-teams-foolhardy-quid-pro-quo-defense/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Sorry to hear that, Ron. This nonsense has gotten way out of hand.

Andrew McCarthy can irritate the **** outta me (with his newest article in the National Review), but he lays out the case against Impeachment in his own article:

Here, the president’s best defense has always been that Ukraine got its security aid, and President Volodymyr Zelensky got his coveted high-profile audience with the president of the United States (albeit at the U.N., rather than at the White House). Kyiv barely knew defense aid was being withheld, the very temporary delay had no impact whatsoever on Ukraine’s capacity to counter Russian aggression, and Zelensky was required neither to order nor to announce any investigation of the Bidens.

However objectionable the calculations that led to the delay may have been, nothing of consequence happened. Therefore, there was no impeachable offense. Case closed.

Yes, case closed. Yet he continues on in the article about assumptions and the President asking too much to be vindicated & yada yada yada.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/01/bolton-blows-up-trump-teams-foolhardy-quid-pro-quo-defense/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

As I've pointed out here and to my aforementioned cousin, even if Trump DID withhold aid to get an investigation, that is not illegal and in fact giving or not giving aid packages to get other countries to do what we want them to do is pretty much how we've conducted foreign policy since the end of WWII.

As I've pointed out here and to my aforementioned cousin, even if Trump DID withhold aid to get an investigation, that is not illegal and in fact giving or not giving aid packages to get other countries to do what we want them to do is pretty much how we've conducted foreign policy since the end of WWII.

I feel your pain, Ron.

Most lame coup attempt ever. If anything a lot of Democraps need jailed. Which for some would be getting off easy.

This Bolton "leak" is straight out of the Kavanaugh playbook...........release "bombshell" innuendo as a stall tactic. The timing of this reveals it's corrupt intent. John Bolton is sitting back,smiling, knowing that this publicity is going to do wonders for his book sales.

Who would have thought he was a swamp dweller too? There must be something in the water in DC.

Bolton isn't a swamp dweller. This is revenge. Trump didn't follow his advice and then fired him. It's payback and likely personal.

The problem is Trump turns friendlies to enemies. It was only a matter of time for one to strike back. People don't take kindly to being called names. As for the whole premise im in the who cares category. I am sure trump at least attempted to hold the funds based on the biden investigation, but don't see how that is impeachable. What does Ukraine do for us?? We give them protection, weapons, etc etc and basically get nada in return

The problem is Trump turns friendlies to enemies. It was only a matter of time for one to strike back. People don't take kindly to being called names. As for the whole premise im in the who cares category. I am sure trump at least attempted to hold the funds based on the biden investigation, but don't see how that is impeachable. What does Ukraine do for us?? We give them protection, weapons, etc etc and basically get nada in return

They give Senators kids jobs they don't deserve. See Biden , Kerry , Pelosi , ect.

This Bolton "leak" is straight out of the Kavanaugh playbook...........release "bombshell" innuendo as a stall tactic. The timing of this reveals it's corrupt intent. John Bolton is sitting back,smiling, knowing that this publicity is going to do wonders for his book sales.

That wasn't a leak that was a plant

Just saw on Breitbart.com that Dianne Feinstein could lean toward a Trump acquittal.

How's that going for you, Dims?