• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Apparently, we are back to giving the enemies our plans

It's pretty big news. Trump kicked the **** out of ISIS in Syria in less than 2 years. Obama couldn't / wouldn't do it in 8 years.

It's pretty big news. Trump kicked the **** out of ISIS in Syria in less than 2 years. Obama couldn't / wouldn't do it in 8 years.

Obama wouldnt do it because it served multiple purposes.

1) makes it appear we are still fighting the enemy
2) launching missiles is expensive, but keeps the war machine churning
3) the war machine keeps people employed

Obama wouldnt do it because it served multiple purposes.

1) makes it appear we are still fighting the enemy
2) launching missiles is expensive, but keeps the war machine churning
3) the war machine keeps people employed

4) He supported ISIS by running guns to them through Benghazi
5) He loves him some Islamic terrorists.
6) He hates our military
7) He hates America

I'm not disagreeing, Indy.

The left will suddenly become huffy hawks, blustering about a weak foreign policy. And of course, Trump is doing this because he is colluding with his buddy Vlad.

The left will suddenly become huffy hawks, blustering about a weak foreign policy. And of course, Trump is doing this because he is colluding with his buddy Vlad.

It's amazing what they can become when it fits the agenda. They're like Olympic gymnasts with the way they can stretch.

They will be back. I heard the new name is New Kids in the block -NKIBs

It isn't just liberals against pulling troops out. Lindsey Graham is too, as well as a couple other prominent republican Trump supporters. And being on the ground over here servicing units in both Iraq and Afghanistan, I can assure you that ISIS is not defeated. They are degraded at best, still alive and kicking. Trump is making the same mistake Obama made.

Maybe during his walk through Arlington National in the rain the other day he asked himself if the cost was worth it.

Maybe during his walk through Arlington National in the rain the other day he asked himself if the cost was worth it.

Maybe. Maybe it's time to bring them all home. With stuff like Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan, you either do it or don't. Half-assing is what gets people sent home in body bags.

I'm hoping Afghanistan is next Sarge.

It isn't just liberals against pulling troops out. Lindsey Graham is too, as well as a couple other prominent republican Trump supporters. And being on the ground over here servicing units in both Iraq and Afghanistan, I can assure you that ISIS is not defeated. They are degraded at best, still alive and kicking. Trump is making the same mistake Obama made.

True, you will never get rid of ISIS or Islamic terrorism in general until every Muslim is eliminated.

Because of his stand down"don't shoot first" kid gloves policy so as not to further upset Muslims because they hate us because infidels should not be on Muslim land, and like Muslims and liberals Obama believes America the Great Satan is the cause of all the worlds problems.

Last edited:
I'm hoping Afghanistan is next Sarge.

Makes two of us. What we are doing in Afghanistan is truly pointless at this juncture.

Bringing the troops home could provide $5 Billion for the wall. If ISIS reassembles, just bomb the **** out of the whole place from the air. Or space. We are going to have a Space Force soon. Which kicks ***, I don't care who you are, that's awesome.

Bringing the troops home could provide $5 Billion for the wall. If ISIS reassembles, just bomb the **** out of the whole place from the air. Or space. We are going to have a Space Force soon. Which kicks ***, I don't care who you are, that's awesome.

true enough. President Trump said the military would pay for the wall if he didn't get it in the budget. if we're not bombing the **** out of some desolate **** hole, we're "saving money" that can be used to fund the wall.
brick by ******* brick

A day later and Mad Dog Mattis resigns citing differences of opinion with the President. Think this had anything to do with it.

I'm sure Mattis is leaving because Trump is ready to pull troops out of the ME. He is already talking about leaving Afghanistan. Not a moment too soon IMHO.

I wouldn’t be upset in the least. Nothing good comes from us being here. Not anymore anyway, if it ever did.

I've been calling for the troops to come home for years. I have friends that came back years ago and said we shouldn't be there. But the Dem and Rep warhawks want our footprints everywhere. I'm sick of paying billions of dollars for this. I'm sure ISIS will reconstitute somewhere. That's why God made bombers. We don't always need grunts for that job.

A day later and Mad Dog Mattis resigns citing differences of opinion with the President. Think this had anything to do with it.

Mattis deserves a great deal of praise for his military brilliance, before, during, and after Trump. His decision to step aside probably has as much to do with this draw-down as it does the sheer weight of serving this Presidency under siege from every direction. It's easy when the pentagon is glad-handing each other and you're their big dog. I wish him and all our military the best.

I'm sticking with Trump.