• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Are the Steelers gonna be scary or awful? Which way do yinz lean?

I disagree with the notion of who has a better roster. What the Bengals have is a great QB-WR combo, what the clowns and the rats have is questionable overhyped QBs. Steelers have a question mark with Canada and Pickett on how much either will improve. I think the arrow is pointing up for Kenny. For me that doesn't mean from the top down one of those teams has a better roster. Steelers had a fantastic offseason yet still get this viewpoint from a significant amount of fans. We'll see how it all shakes out. This young team just may surprise a few of the doubters.
It's not just about the QBs. The Clowns have quietly put together a pretty solid off-season. It's not perfect and they need their QB to be at least functional but they're a tough out.
Ravens have the most holes that you could pick at other than us.
Bengals are absolutely the team to beat and will be if they can continue to keep Burrow healthy and Orlando Brown makes a huge difference there. They are much more than a QB with a good receiver.
I don't doubt that we will surprise some people if the moves we've made do come together. The AFC North is looking every bit as though as the East.

It's not just about the QBs. The Clowns have quietly put together a pretty solid off-season. It's not perfect and they need their QB to be at least functional but they're a tough out.
Ravens have the most holes that you could pick at other than us.
Bengals are absolutely the team to beat and will be if they can continue to keep Burrow healthy and Orlando Brown makes a huge difference there. They are much more than a QB with a good receiver.
I don't doubt that we will surprise some people if the moves we've made do come together. The AFC North is looking every bit as though as the East.

Our new guys / off-season acquisitions / draft prospects all haven’t played as a team yet.

It’s anybodies guess as to how well or how “gelled” theory will be out of the gate. I think historically Coach Tomlin has them as a slow starter, but build to great 2nd 1/2 schedule.

The biggest QUESTION mark lies in the O’Canada factor. Will there be a plan in effect should he fail and at what point is he considered a failure…. 4 games - 6-games - 8-games ??? The longer they wait, the less they success of them in season.

Salute the nation

LOL
Steelers-vs-Bucs-w-logo-233-of-328-e1666116237819-1600x900.webp

STEELERS NEWS

Longtime Steelers Insider Can't Decide Whether The Team Will Have 12 Or 5 Wins In 2023​

Last edited:
LOL
Steelers-vs-Bucs-w-logo-233-of-328-e1666116237819-1600x900.webp

STEELERS NEWS

Longtime Steelers Insider Can't Decide Whether The Team Will Have 12 Or 5 Wins In 2023​

He really is covering all bases. With the depth stocked on this team -for the most part, it would be one of the biggest coaching fails if this team ended with 5 wins. Mark was either looking for views or being safe in his prediction for some unknown reason. I would say this team is .500 at worst.

If it hasn't been posted yet. I loved loved loved this. I am about to kill you young whippersnappers.

He really is covering all bases. With the depth stocked on this team -for the most part, it would be one of the biggest coaching fails if this team ended with 5 wins. Mark was either looking for views or being safe in his prediction for some unknown reason. I would say this team is .500 at worst.

Thanks for the summary! How did you know I didn't bother to read it? lol

Just for the fact that another "suck or scary" story to come out I thought was amusing.lol

Thanks for the summary! How did you know I didn't bother to read it? lol

Just for the fact that another "suck or scary" story to come out I thought was amusing.lol

I remember a team that was 11-0, not to long ago. Coaching most definately could drop the ball.

As for any of these dead-beat writers, it’s about the clicks.

Salute the nation

Here is the thing… who’d we really lose off of a team that went 9-8 with a rookie qb and a tougher schedule than we will have this season?

Cam Sutton? He was really the only big loss….
We also trimmed Maulet and Witherspoon… Witherspoon didn’t really play last year… We added Peterson and JpJr… I’d say that should be a gain on the outside… at slot … i mean it’s slot… in like 90% of the plays you let the guy make a catch and immediately tackle him short of the sticks…. The last few guys we got for that spot were meh guys before they got here.

Other than sutton, who were we really going to miss? Edwards was ok, but nothing special. We may have actually upgraded the position there..

The top three ilbs were meh. We couldn’t get less production out of the new guys even if they actively tried lol… Spilane was an average thumper, Bush only got another chance based on potential and Jack still is unsigned..

Speaking of unsigned so are Alualu and Chris Wormley… alaualu was done last year… worms was a one trick pony…

On offense we lost Sims, but seem to have a half dozen replacements already available… outside of that its all backup offensive lineman and rbs…
We may see dotson cut or traded, but honestly thats going to probably be an upgrade

At almost every position we either got better or at least stayed the same. The potential of the team is extremely high but unproven… it should be a good season barring injuries

Do you also realize that when BEN ROETHLISBERGER retired, he was the 4th highest career money maker ever in the NFL.

Yes Siiirreeeee, cheaP-skates, 100%.

Salute the nation
Patriots are notoriously cheap as well and they paid brady more than Ben so whats your point?
Hall of fame QB at Brady or Bens level teams are forced to pay. No way around it.
Teams are forced at QB look at Lamar

Different rules for franchise qb

They pay Their Own players like the best of them. They don't spend in free agents and I agree with that policy but they do keep their own and pay them handsomely, that brings a locker room culture of rewarding the best thus making players want to stay. Do you have any idea how a high salary guy from free agency can disrupt the balance of a roster that already is tight and focused? Imagine if that guy is also a diva *****? I like the Steelers way
LIke high salary like Brady on the superbowl winning Buccaneers?

If you want Brady on the Steelers you are not a Steelers fan. Period.

He has always got a Brady cob up his ***.

You’re right you know…………… about the STEELERS fan part.

Salute the nation

Have the potential to be scary good, but Canada will hold this offense back. Averaged 18 pts. per game last year. Oughta ave. more than that this year. If they aren't putting up points after 4 games, MC HAS to go.

More like MT has to go, his contact is up in 2024 and has not been extend to date. Hmm... He is the man who hired Canada, and the other OC flops. That track record stinks.

The best head coaches especially the newly hired ones are mostly from the OC's, not former DC's. See my signature.

More like MT has to go, his contact is up in 2024 and has not been extend to date. Hmm... He is the man who hired Canada, and the other OC flops. That track record stinks.

The best head coaches especially the newly hired ones are mostly from the OC's, not former DC's. See my signature.

I read your signature and you are saying they will have a losing record.

Just to be clear, you are saying a SEASON losing record ? CORRECT ?????

Salute the nation

The Vegas over and under win total is 8.5 games.

I will say I like the Steelers off season lot ( free agency for veterans, draft, and rookie free agent signings ) My signature was posted before the off season. I will update it with my official prediction before that start of the season sometime in August. Right now I am trending towards a winning season because we addressed needs and will likely will be replacing some some sucky staters form the 2022 season at T, G, NT/DT, ILB, and Punter. Maybe even RB. Camp will tell me a lot.

Canada was Ben's buddy? Canada neutered Ben in his final season. Glad I don't have buddies like that.

No ****, no audibles until week 5, how ****-ing neutered can one make it….?

Canada is a problem and I sure hope he can prove me wrong come game time………………

Salute the nation

Last edited:
Oh no!!!:(

Steelers Favored for Last Place Finish

The Pittsburgh Steelers are the betting favorite to finish last in the AFC North.

Oh yes!!!:D

"The Steelers are a playoff team"
Colin Cowherd Hops on Steelers Legitimate Hype Train

I’ve seen that “LAST” place prediction hype from several “credible” sources…..

To use a quote from the old lady “Granny” when Outlaw Jose’ Whales was about to cross the river on the toll boat

”I think they don’t know diddly squat”

Salute the nation