• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Austin had a good camp and Wilson said "he's always open"

I hear yaz KentuckySteeler, but also remember that football in shorts is a little deceiving.

I, as much as anyone, would like to see the midget finally reach his potential. I hope they can find him a role within this new offense and hey, it’s always a plus to be hearing good things about any player as opposed to the other side.

Salute the nation

I hear yaz KentuckySteeler, but also remember that football in shorts is a little deceiving.

I, as much as anyone, would like to see the midget finally reach his potential. I hope they can find him a role within this new offense and hey, it’s always a plus to be hearing good things about any player as opposed to the other side.

Salute the nation
They need to hit him on deeper routes away from the big boys up front.

Everyone looks good playing in shorts. It doesn't count at all..

We've seen this story with Austin before and it all fizzled when the games mattered. He's a see it and I'll believe it player. I'll take Wilson with a grain of salt just because it's football in shorts. I do feel good about his prospects.

Everyone knows that. Keep telling yourself how smart you are compared to everybody else. The dumbest guy in the room/most unhappy guy in the room always does that. Always.

DK Sports, fully agrees with us on this, the doesn’t count part.

Salute the nation

Free information and people have to show up and dismiss it and take a dump on it. Then again, tons of people have ZERO cooth so it is what it is. Rude obnoxiious jack bags everywhere you turn these days. No wonder there aren't many good posters - the bad ones made it not worth the time.

Free information and people have to show up and dismiss it and take a dump on it. Then again, tons of people have ZERO cooth so it is what it is. Rude obnoxiious jack bags everywhere you turn these days. No wonder there aren't many good posters - the bad ones made it not worth the time.

When you make it personal you get what you get and don't pitch a fit.

Some of us have really long memories that span 4 decades of football. So sorry.

I missed my sensitivity training class. I'll do better.

No sources on the information. Also, the Steelers have one of the worst WR corps in the NFL right now. I think it's fair to be a little skeptical with any reports out of OTAs.

No sources on the information. Also, the Steelers have one of the worst WR corps in the NFL right now. I think it's fair to be a little skeptical with any reports out of OTAs.
The media also know the "hope springs eternal" is what sells this time of year when everybody is 0-0. That's why Tomlin is always the best coach in the NFL in the offseason when he wins the media interaction, draft interaction, OTAs, and any other chance to showcase his aura and legendary people skills that don't mean that much once the games start. The Pittsburgh Steelers have been offseason NFL Champions the past several years. The media know to prime this pump and of course the national guys like Cowherd conversely are expert at trolling teams like the Steelers and Cowboys with the biggest, most long suffering fanbases.

The media also know the "hope springs eternal" is what sells this time of year when everybody is 0-0. That's why Tomlin is always the best coach in the NFL in the offseason when he wins the media interaction, draft interaction, OTAs, and any other chance to showcase his aura and legendary people skills that don't mean that much once the games start. The Pittsburgh Steelers have been offseason NFL Champions the past several years. The media know to prime this pump and of course the national guys like Cowherd conversely are expert at trolling teams like the Steelers and Cowboys with the biggest, most long suffering fanbases.
They really aren't even allowed to report what they see, only what they hear from players and those guys are going to hype themselves up.

They really aren't even allowed to report what they see, only what they hear from players and those guys are going to hype themselves up.

I watch a lot of DK Sports Daily Shot Steelers and find him actually pretty good at defining that fine line of reporting. I feel he gives it like it is and not a click bait type reporter. He brings a nice touch to reporting, even the questionable stuff as to wether the Tomlin likes it or not. He’s been around a long time and very much so Steelers affiliated.

Salute the nation

In all seriousness, we had the lowest TD % passing his the history of the NFL in Kenny and Canada. THE lowest. It's hard to conjure.

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/wh...mum-500-attempts-and-minimum-20-games-started
verb (used with object)

, con·jured, con·jur·ing. to affect or influence by or as if by invocation or spell. to effect, produce, bring, etc., by or as by magic: to conjure a miracle.

Definitions of conjure. verb. summon into action or bring into existence, often as if by magic. “he conjured wild birds in the air” synonyms: arouse, bring up, call down, call forth, conjure up, evoke, invoke, put forward, raise, stir call forth, evoke, kick up, provoke.

In all seriousness, we had the lowest TD % passing his the history of the NFL in Kenny and Canada. THE lowest. It's hard to conjure.

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/wh...mum-500-attempts-and-minimum-20-games-started
This. I don’t think Pickett knew/understood how to throw some of his guys open-it also could’ve been a scheme thing with Canadumb as well.
I feel Russ will take advantage of this and put his receivers in good positions to make plays-this would be a great way for Fields to learn to.

This. I don’t think Pickett knew/understood how to throw some of his guys open-it also could’ve been a scheme thing with Canadumb as well.
I feel Russ will take advantage of this and put his receivers in good positions to make plays-this would be a great way for Fields to learn to.
Well, both problems (Kenny & Canaduh) have been addressed. I think logically, we have to put some of the offensive futility on the head coach, and his "pee his pants" fear of turnovers. But looking at how the other problems have been addressed, I think it's foolish to think that Kahn/Rooney haven't addressed Shades' involvement in ruining the offensive approach. It appears Smith will be allowed to implement his system. Time will tell.

Well, both problems (Kenny & Canaduh) have been addressed. I think logically, we have to put some of the offensive futility on the head coach, and his "pee his pants" fear of turnovers. But looking at how the other problems have been addressed, I think it's foolish to think that Kahn/Rooney haven't addressed Shades' involvement in ruining the offensive approach. It appears Smith will be allowed to implement his system. Time will tell.
Zing!!!!

wow

you never would have survived the original version of this site

all you post is that Austin is open while playing in shorts and you expect folks to get excited?

Austin is "always open" because there is no contact yet. Throw pads on and see if he is "always open." Let's see if he's always open once games matter. Is he still 170 LBs?