• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Austin had a good camp and Wilson said "he's always open"

jealous of what?

a kid that looks good running routes in shorts?
yep. a kid, which you are far removed from; looking good, which you never have; running... well..., moving on...; shorts, and not those tacky assed cargo shorts you insist on wearing with your white socks and black sandals.

yep. a kid, which you are far removed from; looking good, which you never have; running... well..., moving on...; shorts, and not those tacky assed cargo shorts you insist on wearing with your white socks and black sandals.
Thought they were brown

New WR Coach Zach Azzanni: “He’s been outstanding. That’s a guy who’s gone from here to here in just eight weeks," Azzanni said, raising his left hand well above the right to illustrate how far Austin has come. "I mean, it’s been really fun to watch. He’s a worker, he’s intentful, he’s urgent, he wants to be coached and you can see it because his game has done that. His game has [improved]. I’m really, really excited for his season," Azzanni said. "If he keeps practicing the way he’s been practicing.”

Roman Wilson: "He's a veteran of the room ... been the leader in the room." Says "he's a great guy, great teammate" and has been a huge help to Wilson.

Justin Fields: “He can create a lot of space in small spaces,” Fields said. “He’s quick, savage with his route running and he’s just a hard worker. There are some plays where he knows he’s not getting the ball, and he’s still winning the route. To have a player like that much effort on the field every play is really good to see. I think it’s gonna rub off on the other guys too.”

New WR Coach Zach Azzanni: “He’s been outstanding. That’s a guy who’s gone from here to here in just eight weeks," Azzanni said, raising his left hand well above the right to illustrate how far Austin has come. "I mean, it’s been really fun to watch. He’s a worker, he’s intentful, he’s urgent, he wants to be coached and you can see it because his game has done that. His game has [improved]. I’m really, really excited for his season," Azzanni said. "If he keeps practicing the way he’s been practicing.”

Roman Wilson: "He's a veteran of the room ... been the leader in the room." Says "he's a great guy, great teammate" and has been a huge help to Wilson.

Justin Fields: “He can create a lot of space in small spaces,” Fields said. “He’s quick, savage with his route running and he’s just a hard worker. There are some plays where he knows he’s not getting the ball, and he’s still winning the route. To have a player like that much effort on the field every play is really good to see. I think it’s gonna rub off on the other guys too.”

Love this. He's practicing his route running when he knows he's not getting the ball.

They cut Mims today... he must not have regained his speed after his last injury... that or they have a plan to bring someone else in for that roster spot... its very possibly tgat with tge new offense we are keeping lower numbers of wrs

isn't that what wideouts are supposed to do?

I've seen several Steelers not do it. Never seen a moderator like you trying to agitate people. You ok? I'll just put you on ignore as I don't see anything of value. You seriously should take 2 weeks off, and then quit.

I've seen several Steelers not do it. Never seen a moderator like you trying to agitate people. You ok? I'll just put you on ignore as I don't see anything of value. You seriously should take 2 weeks off, and then quit.
so asking questions is trying to agitate people?

I've heard a lot of wideouts get yelled at in practice for loafing on routes where they were not the main option

He was just commenting he wasn’t trying to agitate you. Are you ok? You seem not to be able to read people here too well. I am not seeing the value in you being sensitive.

He was just commenting he wasn’t trying to agitate you. Are you ok? You seem not to be able to read people here too well. I am not seeing the value in you being sensitive.

We all have our days…………….. some more consistent than others…………………

Salute the nation

Coolie never has a day

Contrares good man, Coolie had his day in the Ed Oliver dispute with cooooch. That day was the ban hammer day........................................

Salute the nation

Trentan Thompson and Denzel Mims werent looking too good in shorts.

Pittsburgh Steelers WR Calvin Austin III

Pittsburgh Steelers WR Calvin Austin III at the team’s OTAs, May 21, 2024 – Ed Thompson / Steelers Now

WR Calvin Austin III​

I don’t say this lightly, but no one had a better Spring than Calvin Austin III. He won at all three levels of the field with far more efficient route running than in the past. Why? He has eliminated redundant steps that accumulated over his releases and at the top of stems. Routes like curls, comebacks, and others where he was required to stop and pivot were superfluous with his footwork, so much so that teams just played him far off and did not have to worry about anything underneath. This year, though, it’s different.

Austin has worked on his footwork and thrown out the mentality that forced him to use redundant movements that did not help his route running.

“I had a mindset on when I would run routes that would have to be stopped on a curl, a stop route, a comeback, my mindset was I was too focused on the [defensive back] instead of just trusting my breaks,” “I have some of the best stop-starts of anybody so it was me being too focused on the [defensive back] and trying to use my hands instead of trusting my feet and trusting my advantage,” Austin said.

It’s noticeable. Austin wins not only deep, which he did once again, but he won underneath on primary routes. That included in the red zone, where Austin became a menace in short areas because of his quickness. Almost no one could cover him. One caveat is that these days are made for quick, smaller gyms like Austin, so I will keep my eyes out to see if this translates into games and pads. But for now, he is the biggest riser of the offseason.

Free information and people have to show up and dismiss it and take a dump on it. Then again, tons of people have ZERO cooth so it is what it is. Rude obnoxiious jack bags everywhere you turn these days. No wonder there aren't many good posters - the bad ones made it not worth the time.
Do you need a kleenex???

There's news Justin fields isn't looking too swell.
Fields was always going to be an overhaul project that wasnt gonna look good asap... thats why people thinking he would start this season were overly optimistic...

Chicago didnt teach him to pass against pro Ds at all. They just let him use his athletic ability to make plays ... its unsustainable and his inability to pass against coverage down the stretch of games was obvious..

He is easily young enough to learn... its just a matter if he does or not