• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Austin had a good camp and Wilson said "he's always open"

He was just commenting he wasn’t trying to agitate you. Are you ok? You seem not to be able to read people here too well. I am not seeing the value in you being sensitive.

I am speculating here, but I am going out on a limb saying you are also speculating.....Coolie is a known agitator. Facts are .....well .....facts. :oops:

I am speculating here, but I am going out on a limb saying you are also speculating.....Coolie is a known agitator. Facts are .....well .....facts. :oops:
truth

but that doesn't mean slash was wrong

it was just a simple question

granted it was obvious the balless one would whine about it

That must be Italian.
OKCHIleglamp_cuda.jpg

Well, both problems (Kenny & Canaduh) have been addressed. I think logically, we have to put some of the offensive futility on the head coach, and his "pee his pants" fear of turnovers. But looking at how the other problems have been addressed, I think it's foolish to think that Kahn/Rooney haven't addressed Shades' involvement in ruining the offensive approach. It appears Smith will be allowed to implement his system. Time will tell.

Are you saying Coach Tomlin has a flaw…………. ?

Do I need to read all your post(s) to get this straight, so as I don’t miss-intrepid your stance…………..?

Salute the nation

So at WR they are definitely prioritizing speed
George Pickens runs a 4.47 40 and he likely could be the slowest wr on the active roster this season. Scotty millers 40 times range from 4.2 to 4.39... CA3 is at 4.32, Jefferson and Roman Wilson ran 4.39's.. Watkins ran a 4.35...
even if they kept Dez Bryant, he ran the same 4.47 Pickens did...

Pittsburgh Steelers WR Calvin Austin III

Pittsburgh Steelers WR Calvin Austin III at the team’s OTAs, May 21, 2024 – Ed Thompson / Steelers Now

WR Calvin Austin III​

I don’t say this lightly, but no one had a better Spring than Calvin Austin III. He won at all three levels of the field with far more efficient route running than in the past. Why? He has eliminated redundant steps that accumulated over his releases and at the top of stems. Routes like curls, comebacks, and others where he was required to stop and pivot were superfluous with his footwork, so much so that teams just played him far off and did not have to worry about anything underneath. This year, though, it’s different.

Austin has worked on his footwork and thrown out the mentality that forced him to use redundant movements that did not help his route running.

“I had a mindset on when I would run routes that would have to be stopped on a curl, a stop route, a comeback, my mindset was I was too focused on the [defensive back] instead of just trusting my breaks,” “I have some of the best stop-starts of anybody so it was me being too focused on the [defensive back] and trying to use my hands instead of trusting my feet and trusting my advantage,” Austin said.

It’s noticeable. Austin wins not only deep, which he did once again, but he won underneath on primary routes. That included in the red zone, where Austin became a menace in short areas because of his quickness. Almost no one could cover him. One caveat is that these days are made for quick, smaller gyms like Austin, so I will keep my eyes out to see if this translates into games and pads. But for now, he is the biggest riser of the offseason.
Good, solid content. Don't let the Tim Tams bring you down. I have found the ignore button works wonders.