• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Bell is a greedy, stupid idiot....

Because every other RB would of taken the hits the bengals gave and hopped right up

Three years out of four. I don't pay big money to a part-time player no matter how good he is.

Three years out of four. I don't pay big money to a part-time player no matter how good he is.

So why pay Ben he has missed alot of games

once Bell signs his franchise tender can he be traded?

Yes he can.

Thats not the same Vader that used to post here, first the Twitter is from a female user, second Vader wouldnt be all jiggly about bell being available for fantasy football, instead of worried about helping the Steelers

So now you get the joke?

You would think Bell would have learned he has not finished a year. He was stopped in tracks during the championship game, come in acting as if you wanted to be a team player and win a trophy. He knows Tomlin would not have used him in a game and practice would not have been full bore for Bell. Getting in their and taking the reps needed, exactly how hard would that have been on his part. Yes we all our Steeler fans but some actions by players and the greed is catching up.

Now there's a story breaking that LeVeon got a Rams cheerleader pregnant a few months ago, all the while being engaged. When will this crap stop with him?

It's literally the last thing this team needs right now is all the distractions Bell's currently serving up. Damn.

I would think amoungst these guys getting tge cheerleader pregnant really isnt going to distract anyone. Sept. 1st works for me. Play his *** off. Get what you can. Forget about next year timl this one ends. If he gets hurt again that will come into play for next years decision.

I would think amoungst these guys getting tge cheerleader pregnant really isnt going to distract anyone. Sept. 1st works for me. Play his *** off. Get what you can. Forget about next year timl this one ends. If he gets hurt again that will come into play for next years decision.

I Agree, but the problem is Tomlin does play his @ss off, and Bell is limping into the playoffs because of it or hurt. He's not a durable type. Tomlin should know better....

So I say let him sign Sept 1st and piss off fans, coaches, and teammates. Then manage his carries and catches a bit so he's healthy for the season and hopefully the playoffs, then try to trade him his right for two first round picks to a dumb team with a high pick like the Jets.

Now there's a story breaking that LeVeon got a Rams cheerleader pregnant a few months ago, all the while being engaged. When will this crap stop with him?

It's literally the last thing this team needs right now is all the distractions Bell's currently serving up. Damn.

I think he's too busy being rap artists to do such a thing. Sarcasm :)

While I am extremely frustrated that Bell gimped out on the AFCC game last year, I have to place a good deal of the blame on the coaches. He was getting WAY too many carries in the playoffs. The coaches needed to take it a bit easier on him but they really burned him out and overworked him against KC and Miami. And ultimately that bit them in the ***. The fact that Coates was completely useless last year in the entire 2nd half of the season really screwed up the offense.

I truly believe that if the Steelers had just 2 receivers they could have won the AFCC game going away. But they didn't. They had 1. Just one receiver and a Williams coming in for Bell. And that just wasn't enough.

So he was ram-ming her as she cheered him on, now it is who the Bell tolls, a baby marches on.

:bump2:

If true about the ram ing her while she cheered him on and the baby on the way, how ******* hillarious is that. I can see why BELL is holding out.........kid's gottA eat...........!!!!!

Salute the nation

If true about the ram ing her while she cheered him on and the baby on the way, how ******* hillarious is that. I can see why BELL is holding out.........kid's gottA eat...........!!!!!

Salute the nation
no he better get that *** to camp and sign that tag so he can play another game (results of the DNA test is you areeeeeeee the father)

tag

your it

so why not once Bell signs, trade him to the rams and a 3rd round pick for trumaine Johnson and todd gurley. Bell is closer to the chick for good or bad and we get what we need.

Ward stayed away from camp, there were similar "dat greedy fak" comments and the Steelers won a lwoB repuS that year.
Bell will come to play and life will go on. I think any deal between the Steelers and Bell shouldn't have guarantees and reduce his check if he's injured or gets in a jam off the field. Maybe that's the issue and Bell won't agree to an incentive deal? Dunno
He's had off season surgery for a "sports hernia". I'm of the opinion this "holdout" isn't just about the deal. I think he's not completely healed to the point where he can complete at the level needed. If the kid aggrivates the injury you won't see him all season. Just my thoughts.

no he better get that *** to camp and sign that tag so he can play another game (results of the DNA test is you areeeeeeee the father)

tag

your it

I walked to the corner and what did I see. Twelve million dollars just a waiting on me. They hit me with a tag and said I'm it. I'm still sitting in Miami like I don t give a ****.....word to your mother.

I think he's not completely healed to the point where he can complete at the level needed. If the kid aggrivates the injury you won't see him all season..

Well, if that's the case, he just pulled a Ladarius Green on the front office, and still ends up with 12 million.

Steelers are to blame for Le’Veon Bell’s supposed image problem

Mike Florio
13 hours ago

The Steelers enjoy, in most cases, a relationship with their players that entails the team telling the players how it’s going to be, and the players who still want to be Steelers going along with it. Running back Le’Veon Bell bucked that trend, the Steelers didn’t like it, the Steelers made him look bad in the process, and now apparently the fans will be turning on him.

That last part comes from a recent article by Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, which quotes a reputation consultant from California (who knows the people of Pittsburgh like someone from California?) as declaring, “I think [Bell] has inflicted damage on his reputation.”

What follows from this California reputation consultant is a lot of the same-old predictable “fans resent players because they’re rich” nonsense, capped with the scorchingest of takes: “This is a critical test in a critical time for Le’Veon. It’s a very big threat to do these types of things and risk the rant of the core of what ultimately pays your paycheck. The fans are the owners at the end of the day. The fans are ultimately paying him and players shouldn’t forget that.”

The fans aren’t paying Bell, and the fans aren’t the owners. The owners are the owners. And the owner in this case, along with the people who work for him, have repeatedly worked the local media in an effort to pressure Bell — who wasn’t and still isn’t under contract — to take the franchise tender and report earlier than the rules require.

It’s been a surprising display. The Steelers, miffed that Bell didn’t take their offer on a long-term deal and frustrated by his willingness to exercise his prerogative to not accept the franchise tender until nearly the last possible moment, have repeatedly called him out. They also leaked incomplete details of the long-term deal he didn’t accept, and more recently they leaked the notion that they had a deal in place with Bell’s agent, but that Bell refused to go through with it.

With so much negativity about Bell being driven by the Steelers, what did the Steelers expect? Maybe they expected exactly what happened, since Bell’s supposed image problems will serve as a lesson to any player in the future who refuses to do what the team wants him to do.

The separate question is whether any of it matters. Seven years ago, Ben Roethlisberger had reached Voldemort status in Pittsburgh, with talk radio littered by a stream of calls from anyone and everyone who ever suffered the slightness of rudeness or indignities from the then-embattled franchise quarterback. And then his four-game suspension ended, the Steelers went to the Super Bowl, and it all was forgotten.

For Bell, it will quickly be forgotten if he plays like he has. Fans already have forgotten a pair of substance-abuse suspensions for Bell, including one for driving under the influence of marijuana. Those actions are, in theory, far more selfish than his refusal to accept a one-year contract for his services.

The fact that teammate Maurkice Pouncey has spoken out on Bell’s behalf may help, but it also could be too little and too late. Where was Pouncey when receiver Antonio Brown (perhaps unwittingly) was pressuring Bell to report for the start of camp? Or when G.M. Kevin Colbert, coach Mike Tomlin, Colbert (again), and owner Art Rooney II were making public statements aimed at getting him to do something he wasn’t compelled to do? Or when the team obviously was leaking information about failed long-term negotiations that made Bell look greedy and selfish?

Pouncey and other teammates should have been speaking out on Bell’s behalf weeks ago. If the California reputation consultant is right, those teammates should be supporting him even more now. Kept from the open market by the franchise tag, Bell is doing what any of them would be doing. Given what we now know about the long-term risks of playing football, hopefully fans will ignore the noise and understand that Bell is doing what any of them would do, too.

Pouncey and other teammates should have been speaking out on Bell’s behalf weeks ago. If the California reputation consultant is right, those teammates should be supporting him even more now. Kept from the open market by the franchise tag, Bell is doing what any of them would be doing. Given what we now know about the long-term risks of playing football, hopefully fans will ignore the noise and understand that Bell is doing what any of them would do, too.

So Florio is stating that all of the other Steelers would have rejected a long term contract that paid them 50% more per year than the highest paid player at their position? Bullshit.