• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Breaking: Pass Rusher Melvin Ingram To Visit Steelers

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
The Pittsburgh Steelers are reportedly bringing in outside linebacker Melvin Ingram for a visit per Jason La Confora:

Steelers remain on the hunt for pass rush help. Had interest in Juston Houston but that does not appear to be a match. Will bring in Melvin Ingram for a visit this week and possibly others.

— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) July 18, 2021

There has been speculation whether the the team would add depth at the position, and that seems all but confirmed with this visit set up for this week. Ingram would certainly be a solid addition as well. In 9 seasons, he has accumulated 49 sacks, 14 forced fumbles, and 3 interceptions. He made three straight Pro Bowls from 2017-2019.

Although he had a down year last year in which he ended up only playing 7 games, a change of scenery and a fresh start may be just what Ingram needs. We will continue to update on the situation as it progresses.

#SteelerNation

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

would prefer Houston but from what I hear it's a price issue and he only wants to sign with a legit contender from his perspective.

My question(s) would be - are they considering Ingram to start while letting a 3rd-round pick who's already shown some serious flashes take a backseat? Or are they going to work him into the rotation with him and would he be willing to accept that role? They absolute need bodies at OLB so this can only be a good thing, I just would be very curious as to how they think it's going to shake out.

Get 'er done, Tombert.

My question(s) would be - are they considering Ingram to start while letting a 3rd-round pick who's already shown some serious flashes take a backseat? Or are they going to work him into the rotation with him and would he be willing to accept that role? They absolute need bodies at OLB so this can only be a good thing, I just would be very curious as to how they think it's going to shake out.

Get 'er done, Tombert.
your answer is a yes and a no

SBWHCMVLT is gonna go down to "the lab" and will get back to us on that one.

Get 'er done, Tombert.
Let them compete for the starting job.

Well, according to a tweet I saw over at the Depot, Rapoport is saying that Ingram also has interest from Miami and KC. I'd post the tweet itself, but ol' Rap still has me on his blocked list from when I called him an ignorant, foul smelling, sourceless douche when he started with that whole "Ben wants out/Ben's getting traded" **** a few years ago.
So, the question at hand is, how signable is this guy with the outside interest of other teams?

So, the question at hand is, how signable is this guy with the outside interest of other teams?

Yeah if that's the case, I'm guessing the odds have dropped pretty substantially. Who knows though, they definitely need the help and DeCastro freed up some cash.

Methinks UGIII is gone based on this signing. Yes, UGIII plays ILB but Ingram is gonna want 54 and we're pretty stout at ILB right now...

Methinks UGIII is gone based on this signing. Yes, UGIII plays ILB but Ingram is gonna want 54 and we're pretty stout at ILB right now...
Not like you can miss what you never had. Kid is injured too much anyway.

I dunno I prefer UG to get a training camp look. If he doesn't make the final 53 sobeit. Thought he had some intangibles that were attractive. But yeah injuries have derailed his course so far. Sure he wouldn't mind a number switch in the meantime.