• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

BREAKING – Steelers Reportedly One of Four Teams In On Aaron Rodgers WITH DEALS IN PLACE

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
According to a report released early this morning the Pittsburgh Steelers are going all in for Aaron Rodgers. There are four teams in the running for Rodgers. One being the Green Bay Packers, and the other three are the Denver Broncos, Tennessee Titans, and the Steelers.

Pro Football Talk reported this news right before mid-night. This is what they had to say in this report.

To be clear, if Rodgers chooses Denver or Tennesseee or Pittsburgh, the deals will fall into place quickly, both as to the trade terms and as to the contract Rodgers would sign.

Thus, as we understand it, the current question isn’t simply Packers vs. Not the Packers. It’s Green Bay or Denver or Tennessee or Pittsburgh, with the final move hinging on whatever Rodgers decides to do.

This is huge news. The Steelers already have a deal in place should Rodgers choose to come to Pittsburgh. The Packers obviously won’t deal him to the NFC as it’s three AFC teams in the running. With time ticking before free agency it seems that we should know soon what Rodgers is going to do.

Stay tuned SteelerNation!

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

Im cool if its for a fifth or less lol

Why in the world does anyone think a guy almost as old as ben was last year is going to be good behind the same line?

He will instantly eat up all the cap space and cost a top pick we will need …. We basically will be bringing back a worse team than last season and expecting this old fossil to carry it… seems dumb and shallow

A deal in place?Just ridiculous. I'm not sure I get the line of thinking behind it. This team is not close to being championship caliber.

What does it get you? Most likely a loss of round 1 draft picks. Which would be the dumbest **** they've ever done. Only Mike Ditka giving up all of his draft picks to get Ricky Williams would be dumber.

Please, this has to be fake news. The Steelers can't be this stupid, can they? Bringing him or anyone like him would gut the team. We lose all of our draft picks (they aren't settling for at least one 1st round pick and other picks) and have no cap space to fill any needs on the team. It just makes no sense. Heck, even Jimmy G would be a very stupid move. Please make this not be true.

😁🛒🙊

Not sure if it makes a difference, but besides Steeler Nation, Steelers Depot is the only other site reporting this. One other site, Fan Nation I think, says they made an offer. No one else is reporting anything of the sort that I saw. I would think that would be big news.

I hope it’s not true. It would be monumentally stupid. I mean MAYBE if they were a QB away. MAYBE. But they aren’t, and a deal like this just sets them back even further.

Not sure if it makes a difference, but besides Steeler Nation, Steelers Depot is the only other site reporting this. One other site, Fan Nation I think, says they made an offer. No one else is reporting anything of the sort that I saw. I would think that would be big news.

I hope it’s not true. It would be monumentally stupid. I mean MAYBE if they were a QB away. MAYBE. But they aren’t, and a deal like this just sets them back even further.
I hope it is true he is an elite QB. (My ongoing pipedream)

But if I was a betting man no way does the Steelers shell out the money for what he supposibly is seeking. I think out of the teams mentioned realistically the Steelers are 3rd. That is even if the report is true which I tend to believe it isn't.

I think he ends up in Green Bay or Denver.

I saw it posted by Schefter or one of those other ESPN or NFL Network pundits on Facebook this morning. Tennessee was one of the other teams mentioned.

I would love to have Rodgers and even if it’s for 3-4 years BUT if we have to mortgage our future in draft picks and eat up most of our cap then no thank you. It’s ridiculous though to hear that he’s some old guy who’s washed up and not playing at a high level. He’s still playing at a MVP level and in my opinion still the best QB playing right now.

Steelers would instantly turn into the Washington Redskins under George Allen. For the younguns here, George Allen coached the Rams and the Skins in the 1960's and 70's and was famous for trading the team's draft picks - and I mean ALL of them - for veteran players.

Oh, and he never had a losing season. He was 2-7 in the playoffs, but no losing season.

Pro Football talk, one of the most popular national media sites broke the news.

Steelers would instantly turn into the Washington Redskins under George Allen. For the younguns here, George Allen coached the Rams and the Skins in the 1960's and 70's and was famous for trading the team's draft picks - and I mean ALL of them - for veteran players.

Oh, and he never had a losing season. He was 2-7 in the playoffs, but no losing season.
Actually we'd be the pre 1969 Pittsburgh Steelers...

If he wouldn't look good in blue and orange he might look better in dark blue and power blue or whatever the **** the Titans are.
The hardest pass.

God dammit. There goes future draft picks

IMO, the only teams that would make sense for GB to trade him to would be us or Denver. They'd not want to play against him, as teams do not typically trade to other teams in conference.

Well, all the "winky, winky ... I love you man!" B.S. between Rodgers and Tomlin was real.
And I feel exactly like I did when I was in college and I told my buddy not to steal another guy's girlfriend even though she was sending him all the signals that he could. I asked him, "if she treats her current boyfriend like ****, what makes you think you'll be any different?"
Of course, they've been married for 29 years now ... So, there's that.

Whoa, I am not a fan of Rodgers the person but I am a huge fan of Rodgers the QB. This would instantly put the Steelers back in the map as a serious contender.

I know it’s not the same, but I love the Penguins mentality of competing every year. It doesn’t always work out your that team is about winning now. This type of move would signal the same for the Steelers.

Whoa, I am not a fan of Rodgers the person but I am a huge fan of Rodgers the QB. This would instantly put the Steelers back in the map as a serious contender.

I know it’s not the same, but I love the Penguins mentality of competing every year. It doesn’t always work out your that team is about winning now. This type of move would signal the same for the Steelers.
I disagree. You mortgage your draft future for Rodgers, and likely use up a ton of cap space that doesn’t allow you to strengthen other positions that certainly need strengthening. Simply put, the Steelers are not a QB from winning the division much less a SB.

It’s tantamount to the Phoenix Coyotes trading for Connor McDavid. Sure, it’ll help a little, but you aren’t winning anything.

Taking a year or two to rebuild right so you contend for several years is better than trying to use flex seal to repair the titanic.

It depends on what our return package is for him.
It’s possible it’s a good deal for us/both teams.
But typically, in scenarios like these, the team trading for the elite guy get soaked.

I disagree. You mortgage your draft future for Rodgers, and likely use up a ton of cap space that doesn’t allow you to strengthen other positions that certainly need strengthening. Simply put, the Steelers are not a QB from winning the division much less a SB.

It’s tantamount to the Phoenix Coyotes trading for Connor McDavid. Sure, it’ll help a little, but you aren’t winning anything.

Taking a year or two to rebuild right so you contend for several years is better than trying to use flex seal to repair the titanic.
They were a QB from winning the division last season. Rodgers isn’t any other QB either. Huge TD:INT ratio. If you stink after him you’re in position to draft a franchise QB with a huge amount of cap space again. It’s actually a better spot to be in than 8-8.

It's a QB League now...You will not compete without an elite QB...Plus HE WILL TAKE OVER THE OFFENSE...