• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

BREAKING – Steelers Reportedly One of Four Teams In On Aaron Rodgers WITH DEALS IN PLACE

So everyone is on the same page, Rodgers is on a one year contract… next year is voidable

Giving up anything of significant value for a piece like that means you are only that piece away from winning a super bowl… ben was not the reason we lost last year… you are suddenly tying up 25 million in a guy that will be playing behind an overall worse team assuming you then can’t replace the ol, wr, cbs that are leaving or are a big problem…

So everyone is on the same page, Rodgers is on a one year contract… next year is voidable

Giving up anything of significant value for a piece like that means you are only that piece away from winning a super bowl… ben was not the reason we lost last year… you are suddenly tying up 25 million in a guy that will be playing behind an overall worse team assuming you then can’t replace the ol, wr, cbs that are leaving or are a big problem…
I think he wants more than 25 mil...

If I'm Rodgers, I go to TN or stay in GB, that is if they sign Adams, too. They are his two legit chances of winning anything. Denver is a crapshoot and well, unless they make several genius signings and draft picks, him winning in B&G could be a rather lower percentage.

If I'm Rodgers, I go to TN or stay in GB, that is if they sign Adams, too. They are his two legit chances of winning anything. Denver is a crapshoot and well, unless they make several genius signings and draft picks, him winning in B&G could be a rather lower percentage.
I heard GB will tag Adams.

Rodgers’ cap hit is projected to be $46.1 million this year. The Steelers don’t have that much cap room. Besides, I don’t think he’s interested in throwing to Ray-Ray McCloud and Dionte Johnson.

Im cool if its for a fifth or less lol

Why in the world does anyone think a guy almost as old as ben was last year is going to be good behind the same line?

He will instantly eat up all the cap space and cost a top pick we will need …. We basically will be bringing back a worse team than last season and expecting this old fossil to carry it… seems dumb and s

Rodgers is still extremely mobile and did not just have his throwing elbow reconstructed like Ben did.

He did not really play his first few years in the league, so there might be less tread on the tires than his age indicates.

If they do this, though, they're still going to have to make a big investment or two on the OL.

Rodgers’ cap hit is projected to be $46.1 million this year. The Steelers don’t have that much cap room. Besides, I don’t think he’s interested in throwing to Ray-Ray McCloud and Dionte Johnson.

I would think the upside of guys like Freiermuth and Claypool, with Najee's abilities out of the backfield, would be tempting to a lot of QBs, despite the oline issues.

If Rodgers goes to the Titans, any interest in Tannehill?

The only thing if they are serious about a rod they will take a ot Like the central Michigan kid sign eithier Ben Jones or if Bozeman hits the market. I rather they if they going with a mauler for rt trade up for the ole miss kid or because I think a like Moore would do no better at rt he is a finesse ot and lacks the girth to be a force in the run game. Relying on banner is far to risky and signing some tier 2-3 back up ol. Green can easily move to rg

If Rodgers goes to the Titans, any interest in Tannehill?
They would have to upgrade the Oline and backup RB. As he does his best when the running game is thriving. He had his worst year in Tennessee statistically and low and behold their stud RB went down. No coinkidink. Still better than Rudy but not my first choice..... Not my last either!

I’m simply not buying this story at all. Makes zero sense to bring him in and evaporate a lot of cap and give up premium picks this and next year. That’s not how this organization rolls at least not since the 50’s and 60’s.
I do however give much more credence to the Malik Willis stories making the rounds which are much more believable.
Tomlin does have a definite dream of having Rodgers but no way Kevin and Art II sign off on that. You cannot fix the many holes due to Aaron’s cap and losing premium draft picks retards your progress to retool this football team.

He would make us contenders by giving us a mobile QB that isn't in decline on his last leg. With his ability to win where he sits on top of the active heap. With better offensive play the D rests more making them more effective.

If he doesn't make this team a contender nobody does. And if it is nobody at least he makes every game watchable and I have my coins on the table that he would make games competitive instead of painful to watch blowouts which would be worth it's weight in gold.
But we still have no OL or DL. Our secondary needs major help. We need ILB help. We need WR's for him to throw to. We won't be able to sign any free agents and will probably lose our own. We won't be able to draft top talent. So, we have Rodgers, Najee and Muuth. DJ is probably gone. Maybe JuJu can be signed if he's under $10 million per. But, the O-line is still terrible. The D-line is still terrible. Alualu and Tuitt are gone after this year if not sooner. Heyward is gone in 2 or 3 years. Minkah is probably gone as we won't be able to sign him. It just makes no sense. We would have to push contracts like we did last year with voidable years but why? It makes no sense when they can set this team up for the long haul. And, if Rodgers is baulking about being in Green Bay, then why on earth would he even consider coming here.

But we still have no OL or DL. Our secondary needs major help. We need ILB help. We need WR's for him to throw to. We won't be able to sign any free agents and will probably lose our own. We won't be able to draft top talent. So, we have Rodgers, Najee and Muuth. DJ is probably gone. Maybe JuJu can be signed if he's under $10 million per. But, the O-line is still terrible. The D-line is still terrible. Alualu and Tuitt are gone after this year if not sooner. Heyward is gone in 2 or 3 years. Minkah is probably gone as we won't be able to sign him. It just makes no sense. We would have to push contracts like we did last year with voidable years but why? It makes no sense when they can set this team up for the long haul. And, if Rodgers is baulking about being in Green Bay, then why on earth would he even consider coming here.
Why would DJ be gone? Are there trade rumors out there?

If I am Aaron Rogers, I need the Steelers to commit to upgrading the OL and getting a WR1 at the very least.

Isn't that partly why he wants out of GB.......................?

Salute the nation

I would think the upside of guys like Freiermuth and Claypool, with Najee's abilities out of the backfield, would be tempting to a lot of QBs, despite the oline issues.

Don't forget to add in the OC issues as well.

Salute the nation

Just more fake movie smoke. They're signing 4-5 veteran quarterbacks and drafting 2 or 3 guys for sure in round one. Maybe ,but probably, kinda sorta,for sure, possibly done deal....

S m O k e screeNe

I think he wants more than 25 mil...
I mean thats what he is making salary this season…26.4 million… he has a guaranteed but voidable contract next year too, so basically Green bay is on the hook for 20 million from signing roster and restructuring bonuses he was already paid no matter what, but his 26 million salary would hit the Steelers books, then next season his contract voids but tgey still have to pay 25 million…

So its a fifty million dollar investment for one season plus draft picks traded…, real bad deal

But we still have no OL or DL. Our secondary needs major help. We need ILB help. We need WR's for him to throw to. We won't be able to sign any free agents and will probably lose our own. We won't be able to draft top talent. So, we have Rodgers, Najee and Muuth.

67kwnv.jpg

I'm gonna put an 800 horsepower engine in my car. I think I can get by without modifying the transmission and rear axle. I mean, it was rated for at least 500 horsepower, so it should be okay, right?

Rodgers or the like will get seriously hurt without fixing the foundation of the parts that go into something that works well.

P.S. - I don't like losing either. Fix the foundation.