• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

BREAKING – Steelers Reportedly One of Four Teams In On Aaron Rodgers WITH DEALS IN PLACE

I think I'll go stand in a corner and hope this is fake news...
I know everyone is worried about cap space and draft picks, but Rodgers is at a different level. I don't think the Steelers would be at the top of his list, but given the report, it's worth discussing.

If the Steelers had to give up two first-round picks, that is one pick that doesn't have to be dedicated to a QB, so it's a wash. A second, maybe they get a Cam Heyward or Maurkice Pouncey, but maybe it's a Terrell Edmunds or Devin Bush.

The Steelers have a ton of cap space right now. They rarely sign big money players in UFA and I don't think they'll sign any this year either. Also, we know the team isn't going anywhere this year with the current QB situation. Rudolph isn't it. No one likes the rookie class. We are talking guys like Trubisky, Winston, Jimmy G., etc. Rodgers gives them a chance to win over the next couple of seasons. He's a clown, but he's very good at what he does.

Worst case is they fail once again, in two years they are lacking depth in areas and need a QB with a load of cap space. That is the scenario they're in right now.

It's a QB League now...You will not compete without an elite QB...Plus HE WILL TAKE OVER THE OFFENSE...
You will pay a ton and win a bunch of regular season games and win next to nothing in the payoffs because he doesn't win and neither does Tomlun and in two years you will be saying what happened.

I know everyone is worried about cap space and draft picks, but Rodgers is at a different level. I don't think the Steelers would be at the top of his list, but given the report, it's worth discussing.

If the Steelers had to give up two first-round picks, that is one pick that doesn't have to be dedicated to a QB, so it's a wash. A second, maybe they get a Cam Heyward or Maurkice Pouncey, but maybe it's a Terrell Edmunds or Devin Bush.

The Steelers have a ton of cap space right now. They rarely sign big money players in UFA and I don't think they'll sign any this year either. Also, we know the team isn't going anywhere this year with the current QB situation. Rudolph isn't it. No one likes the rookie class. We are talking guys like Trubisky, Winston, Jimmy G., etc. Rodgers gives them a chance to win over the next couple of seasons. He's a clown, but he's very good at what he does.

Worst case is they fail once again, in two years they are lacking depth in areas and need a QB with a load of cap space. That is the scenario they're in right now.
It's not a wash. If you draft the right guy (not in this clsss) it's a 10-15 year solution. This will be a year JO.

It's not a wash. If you draft the right guy (not in this clsss) it's a 10-15 year solution. This will be a year JO.
So is there a 10-15 year guy in this year's draft class or not? Every post I see on here is let's wait until next year when all of these stud QBs are going to be in the draft because the guys this year suck.

Before dan Rooney took over, the Steelers often traded draft picks for older established players and learned that all that got was players on the downside of their careers that were never going to be what they were

Again this guy is as old as ben… the dropoff from year to year in your late 30’s can be instantaneous… he isn’t worth any big pick. It would be an idiotic mistake trading major capitial for him…

He would cost 26 million this year in base salary and they would be on the hook for a 25 million dollar cap hit in voidable year money next year

He will be 39 this season, 40 next year

This is a move a team that has everything except a qb makes out of desperation

Do this and best case it jacks up your cap next year….

If this is for a first round pick and they dont win a super bowl this year, everyone involved should be fired…

I've heard GB would want multiple 1st round picks so if true forget it. Plus, the cap hit Rogers would cost would likely prevent us from beefing up the O'line in FA, and without a decent O'line how would Rogers help us? I just don't see how this can work.

Sorry boys, not buying it. Makes absolutely zero sense to bring him in to a team with massive holes to fill needing their premium picks and cap space to fill those holes. Bringing in a 38 year old QB prohibits or badly limits what they will be able to do.
This would set the team back years with a stupid move like this.
I would be shocked and sadly disappointed if this happens. They need to stay the course and use the draft, cut the dead wood to create more cap, sign quality free agents to help the OL, DL, CB, and ILBer.

So is there a 10-15 year guy in this year's draft class or not? Every post I see on here is let's wait until next year when all of these stud QBs are going to be in the draft because the guys this year suck.
The issue is there aren’t surefire high end talents

That can work for us of against us because when there are guys that are perceived as near cant miss prospects, it can cause some of the other qbs to get pushed down some… when there are a bunch of guys in the same level with big question marks they all tend to get overdrafted…

Drew brees had an average graded arm and lots of developing to do and fell into the second round because compared to mike vick it seemed like a huge talent gap

In a random pool of guys like this one is probably going to surprise everyone and be great, a couple will be solid guys, a couple will be busts

You give up 2 first rounders it's this year and next and it's probably more. I don't think you will get a 10-15 year qb solution this year but you will get a hell of a player in the trenches. Next year maybe on the QB long term solution.

Why would Steelers want him and why would Rogers want to go to a team, lacking on OL a defense that cannot hold up? Receivers that every ball this year was fifty fifty. Makes no sense either way. Reality we are in a building period. To many draft picks that have not stood up during the last ten years. Yes, we have had some good players, but we also have had some bad influence players. This draft and this year will be an interesting time in Steeler football

Deals in Place. yet another article a few days ago said no one has contacted GB for a trade? who knows what is real.

You give up 2 first rounders it's this year and next and it's probably more. I don't think you will get a 10-15 year qb solution this year but you will get a hell of a player in the trenches. Next year maybe on the QB long term solution.
What would you be giving up to trade up for a QB next year? That would be pricey too right? Thing is with AR we know what he is. Elite. You draft those types how often? You could trade up and still get a dud. It is just simply an unknown. So you have an unknown vs known.

I know which order I am placing. Now where is that waitress...

Rodgers is a front running ***** who folds like a cheap suit when things go bad. He only has 18 career fourth quarter comeback wins . Hard pass on the passive aggressive POS. The Packers haven't done **** in the playoffs since beating us in the Super Bowl 11 years ago.

Rodgers is a front running ***** who folds like a cheap suit when things go bad. He only has 18 career fourth quarter comeback wins . Hard pass on the passive aggressive POS. The Packers haven't done **** in the playoffs since beating us in the Super Bowl 11 years ago.
While I agree with most all of what you're saying. The Packers have been to a few NFC Championship games in those 11 years. So, they actually have done better than we have.
Still don't want an ageing, disgruntled QB who will cost multiple 1st round picks.

He is tied for 8th in regards to post season wins with 11. Now that Ben and lady is retired he moves into 1st place for regular season wins in regards to active QBs.

Yeah it would sure suck to have a QB with the most wins out of all active QBs that *****.

Last edited:
18 career 4th quarter comeback wins.
Maybe because he was already ahead in the 4th so many times?

Those who think getting Rodgers would make us contenders, please tell me how. Sure, he is great but he is closing in on 40 and probably plays maybe 3 more years. This team has so many holes and we wouldn't be able to fill any because the trade would take up our top picks this year and next so we aren't drafting anyone of significance. His ginormous cap hit would preclude us from signing any free agents for the next couple of years, including our own. So, please tell me how we improve our O-line, D-line, CB''s, ILB's, and WR's? By the time we are able to fix these holes, Rodgers will be retired, Cam will be retired, Tuitt will be gone, Alualu will be gone, etc. And, do not even mention restructuring anyone. That is an even dumber move in the position we are in. The Steelers will continue to be a complete **** show if they pull a stunt like this. Rodgers would be dumber than the Steelers if he came here.

Those who think getting Rodgers would make us contenders, please tell me how. Sure, he is great but he is closing in on 40 and probably plays maybe 3 more years. This team has so many holes and we wouldn't be able to fill any because the trade would take up our top picks this year and next so we aren't drafting anyone of significance. His ginormous cap hit would preclude us from signing any free agents for the next couple of years, including our own. So, please tell me how we improve our O-line, D-line, CB''s, ILB's, and WR's? By the time we are able to fix these holes, Rodgers will be retired, Cam will be retired, Tuitt will be gone, Alualu will be gone, etc. And, do not even mention restructuring anyone. That is an even dumber move in the position we are in. The Steelers will continue to be a complete **** show if they pull a stunt like this. Rodgers would be dumber than the Steelers if he came here.
He would make us contenders by giving us a mobile QB that isn't in decline on his last leg. With his ability to win where he sits on top of the active heap. With better offensive play the D rests more making them more effective.

If he doesn't make this team a contender nobody does. And if it is nobody at least he makes every game watchable and I have my coins on the table that he would make games competitive instead of painful to watch blowouts which would be worth it's weight in gold.

I think I'll go stand in a corner and hope this is fake news...
You think you had a bad reaction to this news. Imagine Rudolph's and Haskin's reactions.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

What would you be giving up to trade up for a QB next year? That would be pricey too right? Thing is with AR we know what he is. Elite. You draft those types how often? You could trade up and still get a dud. It is just simply an unknown. So you have an unknown vs known.

I know which order I am placing. Now where is that waitress...
If the Steelers had the team and coach around him I would agree. They do not. If I believed they could get a SB Ala the Bucs I'd be down with it. They would not.

I mean this in the nicest way possible but any fans that are Tomlin nut huggers should be ecstatic about bringing in a QB that will help him stay as a HC even longer. You like Tomlin because he wins? Well Aaron wins and has the mobility to thrive in a Canada offense that likes mobile QBs

That is like going to premier Steak house and you order what ? A steak not a hamburger or chicken nuggets. You hang with the big boys and only a steak will do.

If the Steelers had the team and coach around him I would agree. They do not. If I believed they could get a SB Ala the Bucs I'd be down with it. They would not.
Uhuh 3 games in with Rudy and you would be pulling your hair out.

If there was any truth to it the Pittsburgh sports media would be all over it, there’s been no reporting at all.
Even if there was any truth to it the Steelers would be the long shot. Denver has Aaron's OC and there is other clubs closer to the SB that could use an elite QB. Like Tennessee and the Niners. I am sure there is a few unmentioned that would also pay more.