• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Chargers game is going to be a tough matchup

Cam Heyward is going to unleash “TEXTS” .

I’m still enjoying this win of yesterday.

Salute the nation
Did Cam play this past Sunday? I don't recall hearing his name called once or even seeing him on the field.

Did Cam play this past Sunday? I don't recall hearing his name called once or even seeing him on the field.
He had 6 pressures 4 hurries and 2 QB hits. With three tackles and sound run defense. He definitely isn’t a worry/ liability yet.

He had 6 pressures 4 hurries and 2 QB hits. With three tackles and sound run defense. He definitely isn’t a worry/ liability yet.
Can't ask him to more than that I suppose.....perhaps a sacks or two....or pick six. 🤪

He did, I did see him line up on left side some, but also on the right, seemed a little odd.

He wasn’t quite his “TEXT” force, but he did disrupt some. I also noticed times he wasn’t on the field, a slowly turning lesser role.

Salute the nation

It is going to be a very difficult game. Would like to see the Oline be steady Eddie. But today I will soak in that W!
need to be able to lean on the oline against minter's defense. i want to see fields on roll outs with the option to run. chargers are gonna disguise things pretty well on defense. at least tomlin is used to playing the type of defense that the chargers will be using.

I'm not scared of the Chargers' O, I'm scared of their D. They are sickhouse. As scary as our front 7. A positive is we have a more mobile QB, and if Hebert is limping, he'll take a ton of hits.

If their front 7 is disruptive and if we turn the ball over, we lose. All other scenarios, we win.

I'm not scared of the Chargers' O, I'm scared of their D. They are sickhouse. As scary as our front 7. A positive is we have a more mobile QB, and if Hebert is limping, he'll take a ton of hits.

If their front 7 is disruptive and if we turn the ball over, we lose. All other scenarios, we win.
Herbert has lower yardage but still a 67.5% completion. They haven’t had to throw the ball because they are dominating in the run game. 22 and 26 points in first 2 games,with 395 yards rushing. They’ve been ahead in both games and with his rib situation,hand that ball off. Harbaugh loves that type of game regardless.
Will be a great test for our D. Let’s see how they handle a premier run team so far.

Justin has been at the top of the league throwing the pigskin all his career. Mixing up with the run now…I am definitely afraid of their offense. We are lucky he’s got those sore ribs. Coupling that with their very good defense it will be a tough one.
Hopefully we can finally see what Russ has got,instead of talking about it for the last how long. Cheers

I am worried about their pass rush and our young line along with 65
i think we have an ace up our sleeve with Fields if he uses his legs wisely and doesn't turn the ball over. i expect lots of roll outs this sunday. not sure we can win this game with turtle ball.

These guys agree with you!

I want to add to my first comment, but thanks!

Think about this...

The refs having absolutely bent the team over a barrel and have used "no Vaseline" to screw us 2 weeks in row. Had they made the call on TJ which resulted in a strip sack, ATL scores NO TDs!!!

💯

Steeler D is second in the league in average points per game allowed.
First in the league is….the Chargers.

Steeler D is second in the league in average points per game allowed.
First in the league is….the Chargers.
I disagree. We should be #1 had they made the call for TJ on the strip sack in ATL. That non-call resulted in 7 points against the defense. Guess who's number one of we get that call???

Chargers passing game doesn't have anyone, they are worse off than we are at WR. I could see them running on us though, Somehow Dobbins is making it happen against all odds. With a hobbled Herbert its a very winnable game. IMO
Could be wrong

I disagree. We should be #1 had they made the call for TJ on the strip sack in ATL. That non-call resulted in 7 points against the defense. Guess who's number one of we get that call???
Fine enough but we’re still averaging like 15.5 ppg and the Chargers are allowing like 6.5 ppg.