• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Chargers game is going to be a tough matchup

In 1995 we gave this Hairball a bad case of the crybabies and both of them have been crying ever since...
Our best chance to win is for Hairball to do like his brother and overreach and get greedy.

Our offensive line is our Achilles heal… the chargers were similar to us but they straightened out the oline and it’s allowed for their young core of skill players to gain some success and confidence. The difference in their wr who was thought to be a bust is night n day from last year. Were only going to go as far as the offensive line can take us with pat meyer coaching them I don’t think it’s going to be far. GoSteelers!!!

5 games against Harbage coached teams is possible if all 3 teams make the playoffs.

I hear yaz as I left room for someone else to dance, the three Bear Polka.

Salute the nation

For all the hype Herbert and SD get they have not performed well as a team. Herbert puts up good stats yardage wise. In the last 5 yrs he ranks 4th. However he is 14th in QB rating and also 4th worst interception percentage. Last year they put up 30 only 3x and the last 2 games Herbert played they lost 20-10 and won 6-0. Of course they have Harbaugh now, so its hard to say what they will do. Their leading WR only has 8 catches for 89 yards and they are near the bottom in passing yards, but 2nd in rushing. They have played a beyond terrible CAR team and a decent Raiders team. With all that being said who knows what will happen The Chargers always look good on paper but never seem to realize their potential. I don't think the Chargers will have as much success running against us so if we play a clean game and get to Herbert we have a shot. I did predict a loss here so a win would be a huge bonus

Fine enough but we’re still averaging like 15.5 ppg and the Chargers are allowing like 6.5 ppg.
Shades is burning the midnight oil looking for more ways to shorten the game.

Shades is burning the midnight oil looking for more ways to shorten the game.
When you have an offense that's finding their footing it's a huge benefit to shorten the game. Especially with a high tempo defense that has the ability make big plays.

Looks like everyone is going to get their wish for Jones to compete for the LT job. Fautano with another solid performance this week would become established at RT. It's going to be a good test going against Bosa and Mack this week. It's going to resemble an AFC North game I think.

Last edited:
Cam Heyward is going to unleash “TEXTS” .

I’m still enjoying this win of yesterday.

Salute the nation
Cam better get his old *** ready to face a team that wants to run it down opponents throats.

Chargers a run first team, our 2DL sets aren’t the best at stopping run first teams.

Better pack those oxygen tanks they brought to Denver. Gonna be a long day in the trenches for the D.

Statistically, they have a better offense - points-wise. I think the defenses cancel each other out.

Here's the silver lining...

We know and have seen BOTH RBs from the Chargers - Dobbins and Edwards. It's nearly a mirror image of our backfield.

IMO, Coach Smith has shown the ability to game plan specifically for the upcoming opponent and if Russell gets the green light - I think the game will be close but we prevail...
Berm, Mike called me and said he has the green light to lift the iPad surface or clipboard this week, if he passes that physical test then maybe in a few weeks he can try the blocking sled again to see if that calf is ready.

I'm not scared of the Chargers' O, I'm scared of their D. They are sickhouse. As scary as our front 7. A positive is we have a more mobile QB, and if Hebert is limping, he'll take a ton of hits.

If their front 7 is disruptive and if we turn the ball over, we lose. All other scenarios, we win.
Chargers D will flush Fields from the pocket and then the fun starts as he scrambles about picking up 15-25 a clip

That oughta cool their ***** off

The saying “hoist with one’s own petard” comes to mind

For all the hype Herbert and SD get they have not performed well as a team. Herbert puts up good stats yardage wise. In the last 5 yrs he ranks 4th. However he is 14th in QB rating and also 4th worst interception percentage. Last year they put up 30 only 3x and the last 2 games Herbert played they lost 20-10 and won 6-0. Of course they have Harbaugh now, so its hard to say what they will do. Their leading WR only has 8 catches for 89 yards and they are near the bottom in passing yards, but 2nd in rushing. They have played a beyond terrible CAR team and a decent Raiders team. With all that being said who knows what will happen The Chargers always look good on paper but never seem to realize their potential. I don't think the Chargers will have as much success running against us so if we play a clean game and get to Herbert we have a shot. I did predict a loss here so a win would be a huge bonus
Reminds me of the Philip Rivers and Antonio Gates era, always paper champions

Cam better get his old *** ready to face a team that wants to run it down opponents throats.

Chargers a run first team, our 2DL sets aren’t the best at stopping run first teams.

Better pack those oxygen tanks they brought to Denver. Gonna be a long day in the trenches for the D.
I'm expecting a lot of 3 bigs front with Benton, LarryO and Cam, with Adams rotating continuously.

Keys to this one, for both teams are, run the ball and stop the run.
Herbert’s mobility should be very limited.. and if we can slow down their two headed monster rushing attack.. we will prevail in our home opener..

I’m very concerned about their running game .

I never liked either of the hairball brothers. Sounds like something the neighbors cat cacked up.

I never liked either of the hairball brothers. Sounds like something the neighbors cat cacked up.
I don't mind the hairballs. At least they aren't frauds like some others.

I'm expecting a lot of 3 bigs front with Benton, LarryO and Cam, with Adams rotating continuously.
Hope so

I wanna see some of the Watt, Highsmith and Herbig package played vs Falcons again too

Especially in 3rd and long