• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Chargers game is going to be a tough matchup

I imagine we are going to have to score 20+ Sunday. If the plan was to play not to lose the first two weeks, they best play to win and score.

The Chargers will be well coached, and that is something that historically has given Tomlin a problem.
I'd say that's of many things that has given Tomlin a problem. Here's 10 quicks scenarios that Tomlin sucks in:

Playing a team that sucks
Playing a team that is good
Playing a team in the Wild Card
Making it to the Wild Card
Playing an AFC West Team
Playing the Patriots in general for 15 years
Building an offense
Time Management
Coaching challenges
Controlling a locker room

But we're a consistent franchise with a steady hand that can win some AFC North games on occasion.

I'm just glad we won our first game in 16 tries while losing the TO margin at -1. Had a chance at 2 TOs, just didn't get em.

Though I will say, our team outcoached Harbage and beat him at his own game. His game is strong D, create pressure, TOs and grind the clock out on the ground. We nullified their ground game, did a good job protecting the football, made difficult plays on 3rd downs and THEIR front 7 broke down in the 4th. Steelers had 114 yards rushing to 61. TOP was 34 min to 26 min. Salting out the last 5min on the clock was a thing of beauty to watch. This is why Tomlin wins so many games, because he is smart at end game scenarios. He always goes for it on O when we can salt the game on a first down.

Gorgeous victory formation on the 1. I know talking heads will be like: "Steelers can't score", but you play to win, and that lack of 7points there assured victory, and i'll take that over putting my D out on the field for a mop up scenario and potential injuries, any freaking day!

I'm just glad we won our first game in 16 tries while losing the TO margin at -1. Had a chance at 2 TOs, just didn't get em.

Though I will say, our team outcoached Harbage and beat him at his own game. His game is strong D, create pressure, TOs and grind the clock out on the ground. We nullified their ground game, did a good job protecting the football, made difficult plays on 3rd downs and THEIR front 7 broke down in the 4th. Steelers had 114 yards rushing to 61. TOP was 34 min to 26 min. Salting out the last 5min on the clock was a thing of beauty to watch. This is why Tomlin wins so many games, because he is smart at end game scenarios. He always goes for it on O when we can salt the game on a first down.

Gorgeous victory formation on the 1. I know talking heads will be like: "Steelers can't score", but you play to win, and that lack of 7points there assured victory, and i'll take that over putting my D out on the field for a mop up scenario and potential injuries, any freaking day!
Yep. You could add 7 points to each game to account for the bad calls in games 1 & 2, and for the V formation here.
That'd be about 22 points per game, which is a nice bump with a new, young QB with the "reins on" for the first 10 quarters.

You have to give the Steeler coaching staff credit for responding to the criticisms of the past several years by opening the playbook/field for the second half, even after the unfortunate TO by Durpee.

For game 3 of 2024, Tomlin did not live in his fears and won going away because of that and the league's best D!