• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Charleston shooting.

Steve Doocy on Fox and Friends asked yesterday morning if the hate crime could have been religious in nature, not racial. Huffpost and the left wing rags have eviscerated him on that question.

They still sell Tim McVeigh as being a Christian militia right-winger when actually his problem was that he hated the government.

They still sell Tim McVeigh as being a Christian militia right-winger when actually his problem was that he hated the government.

How dare someone hate their Big Brother? Unpossible.

Hillary to the rescue!

Hillary Clinton Suggests Donald Trump-Like Comments Can 'Trigger' Events Like Charleston

Hillary Clinton didn't call The Donald out by name, but she suggested in an interview Thursday that comments like ones the real estate tycoon-turned-Republican presidential candidate made during his recent announcement speech could "trigger" events like this week’s church shooting in Charleston, South Carolina.

“We have to have a candid national conversation about race, and about discrimination, hatred, prejudice,” Clinton said of the Charleston shooting in an interview with Jon Ralston on his show “Ralston Live.”

"Public discourse is sometimes hotter and more negative than it should be, which can, in my opinion, trigger someone who is less than stable.”

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/hill...events/story?id=31884003#.VYQdeBdbnoM.twitter

hillary_clinton_insane_xlarge.jpeg

What triggers and perpetuates these events is the media frenzy and sensationalism that follow them.

I suspect what really motivated this kid and others like him is a strong desire for infamy and notoriety, and he has received it.

What triggers and perpetuates these events is the media frenzy and sensationalism that follow them.

I suspect what really motivated this kid and others like him is a strong desire for infamy and notoriety, and he has received it.

no, he has severe racial hate and insecurities. He feared blacks were taking over and "had to do something". Going into a church on a Wednesday does what really? Yea, he got nine people, but what did it accomplish? I can't wrap my head around his fear and actions. A ****** Church!

no, he has severe racial hate and insecurities. He feared blacks were taking over and "had to do something". Going into a church on a Wednesday does what really? Yea, he got nine people, but what did it accomplish? I can't wrap my head around his fear and actions. A ****** Church!

If he was worried about the "blacks taking over" and "raping our women" then he needed to go to the 'hood where the truly violent black people live instead of a gun-free zone church meeting full of middle aged and elderly religious people..
This is why I'm usually carrying even in church. It's a soft target. It's why it's called a concealed carry permit.

Last edited:
He's still nothing but a punk-assed little *****

I'd be down for a Pay Per View execution

Herein lies the difference between Charleston and Ferguson and/or Baltimore. Faith. Faith is what is helping Charleston. The city is coming together to pray and to forgive (but not forget). When you watch the stuff on TV, I don't see hatred, like I did in Baltimore or Ferguson. That makes me happy. However, I am sure that once Al Sharpton comes down there, he'll bring his minions and start **** up. But why can't a city be left alone to heal on its own?? (Rhetorical question).

The gun grabbing folks will be frothing at the mouth this time around. Waiting on the first candidate to commit career suicide and call for a handgun ban.

The reaction in the local communities I have been in and live in have been amazing. We had a prayer service last night in a predominately black church here in town and it looked like a rainbow of people. This tragedy may have helped these communities more than hurt them. The local churches have stepped up and played a major role in this.

Steve Doocy on Fox and Friends asked yesterday morning if the hate crime could have been religious in nature, not racial. Huffpost and the left wing rags have eviscerated him on that question.

I've stayed quite ever since this tragic incident took place. I'll speak on it now...

First of all, my condolences go out to each and every family, the shooter's included, in this tragic event. May God console those that need Him right now and forever more.

My opinion.

Hate crime vs. religious crime? IMO, the only reason some of the media "spun" the story this way is because where the shooting took place. After reading story after story - POV after POV - the shooter planned his attack on unarmed victims during prayer meeting. Everything I've read states that the kid did not like people of color - in this case - Blacks.

I guess the question is - where did the kid learn this hate? But, it really doesn't matter - time on this Earth is only going to increase in wickedness and men's hearts shall "wax cold" (Matt. 24:12).

There is only one way this can and will make any sense - and that, friends, is by putting your trust and faith back in God. Myself included. We all fall short in life and events like these used to "shock" the world - now, not so much...

I guess the question is - where did the kid learn this hate? But, it really doesn't matter - time on this Earth is only going to increase in wickedness and men's hearts shall "wax cold" (Matt. 24:12).
"Storm" is kind of an unusual middle name until you hear that "Stormfront" is the name of a neo-Nazi group and website, so I'm thinking he learned it at home from the same people who bought him a gun.

Charles Barkley, after the Columbine shooting when all these theories were going around as to why they did it, stated something to the effect that the 2 kids were just ********.

Maybe this kid is just an *******. Maybe he didn't learn it from anybody. Granted, the father looks like an idiot, but still.

I know you guys are not excusing anything, but I just think it is important to be careful and keep blame squarely where it belongs, on this *******.

Charles Barkley, after the Columbine shooting when all these theories were going around as to why they did it, stated something to the effect that the 2 kids were just ********.

Maybe this kid is just an *******. Maybe he didn't learn it from anybody. Granted, the father looks like an idiot, but still.

I know you guys are not excusing anything, but I just think it is important to be careful and keep blame squarely where it belongs, on this *******.

I think the kid was just some desperate wanna -be, hell he hung out with black people, he had black friends.

Just a week later, Roof, 21, is believed to have gone into Charleston’s historic Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church, sat in for a Bible study class for at least an hour and then fired upon participants.

Other friends have described Roof has a troubled and confused young man who alternated between partying with black friend and ranting against blacks to his white friends.

Four months before the deadly rampage, court records show Roof was arrested at a Columbia shopping mall on a misdemeanor drug charge after going around dressed in all black, asking suspicious questions about when stores closed and employees left for the night. He was then arrested again, for trespassing at the mall despite being banned from the premises.

Before it was deleted, Roof’s Facebook profile showed a picture of himself wearing a jacked adorned with white-supremacist flags that troubled South Africa and the former country of white-ruled Rhodesia. Roof also several black people among his social connections.

Scriven and Meek are neighbors in a Lexington, South Carolina mobile home where residents say Roof was a frequent visitor in recent months. Meek and his family were close to Roof until Roof dropped out of his high school. Meek said they had lost touch for several years before recently reconnecting.

Meek told The Associated Press Thursday that while Roof was drunk he complained “blacks were taking over the world" and that "someone needed to do something about it for the white race.” Meek also said Roof told him he used birthday money from his parents to buy a .45-caliber Glock semi-automatic handgun.

Scriven said he first met Roof through Meek. They would drink on occasion and talk about fishing and NASCAR, but never race, he said.

"One night we all got drunk together and since then, me and Dylann were just homeboys," Scriven said. "We would just chill every day."

Scriven said over time Roof began to confide his personal issues with him. Roof was upset about bouncing between homes of his divorced parents. He would stay for days at the mobile home park, smoking American Spirit cigarettes and drinking hard, Scriven said. Then he would go home for a day or two to get clothes and money.

Scriven said he could tell Roof was depressed, and that he complained that he wasn't getting the love and emotional support he needed from his parents. When he got upset, Roof would retreat to his car, blasting a cassette tape of opera.

"I don't think his parents liked his decisions, the choices that he made to have black friends," Scriven recounted. "His mom had taken the gun from him and somehow he went back and took it from her. ... That's when we saw the gun for the first time: .45 with a high-point laser beam."

Last week, while drinking in the back of Scriven’s house, Roof blurted out his plans to carry out a mass shooting at the College of Charleston.

"I don't think the church was his primary target because he told us he was going for the school," Scriven said Friday. "But I think he couldn't get into the school because of the security ... so I think he just settled for the church."

Scriven said he told Meek about what Roof had said, and the two of them decided to take Roof's gun. They hid the gun in Meek's trailer. But Meek's girlfriend later told them they needed to get the gun out of the house. So they gave it back to Roof.

When Scriven saw this week that Roof was arrested, he said it hit him "that he actually did all the stuff he said he was going to do, like he actually killed these people."

Though none of them took the statements seriously, Scriven said he and Roof's other friends are now struggling with the knowledge that they might have been able to prevent the killings.

"I think everyone feels guilt," Scriven said. "There are a lot of things that happen in life that we just don't understand and we'll never understand. And this situation is something that you're not going to find the answers to from ordinary people. ... The only person that can tell you is Dylann."

I've stayed quite ever since this tragic incident took place. I'll speak on it now...

First of all, my condolences go out to each and every family, the shooter's included, in this tragic event. May God console those that need Him right now and forever more.

My opinion.

Hate crime vs. religious crime? IMO, the only reason some of the media "spun" the story this way is because where the shooting took place. After reading story after story - POV after POV - the shooter planned his attack on unarmed victims during prayer meeting. Everything I've read states that the kid did not like people of color - in this case - Blacks.

There is only one way this can and will make any sense - and that, friends, is by putting your trust and faith back in God. Myself included. We all fall short in life and events like these used to "shock" the world - now, not so much...

Doocy asked that question early on in the Thursday morning show, just as everything was starting to unfold. Not many details had been known at that time, so I think his question was a valid one.

Frankly, I don't want to know why this kid did what he did. I don't want to "understand" him. He is a racist psychopath. That is all I need to know. When we try to "understand" why people do things, we end up infringing on the majority's freedoms. We pass stupid laws, with no thought to the consequences- just a law that is supposed to "increase safety," but never really gets to the true issue. It's a band-aid.

His "homeboys" and parents are just to blame as this racist *******. To me, they didn't do enough. They took his gun away from him on a few occasions, but gave it back to him. He clearly had issues and said of his plans. They should feel guilt. They didn't pull the trigger at the Church, but they could have certainly done more. It could have been a mall or college or sporting event with even more casualties.
No trial, no explanation- hang his *** NOW! This case is black and white. There's no gray area and a message needs to be sent. You kill innocent people, your life ends.

Doocy asked that question early on in the Thursday morning show, just as everything was starting to unfold. Not many details had been known at that time, so I think his question was a valid one.

Frankly, I don't want to know why this kid did what he did. I don't want to "understand" him. He is a racist psychopath. That is all I need to know. When we try to "understand" why people do things, we end up infringing on the majority's freedoms. We pass stupid laws, with no thought to the consequences- just a law that is supposed to "increase safety," but never really gets to the true issue. It's a band-aid.

Thing is, he may not have been a racist, in the true sense. He had black friends. He was thinking of shooting up a college, where white kids go too, at least I think so. Maybe he is just an ******* who thought it would be cool to add some kind of race element to it.

See, that is the thing. The racist is kind of easy to understand. What is disconcerting about this idiot is that at the moment, until more comes out, he may have just done this on a whim. We are raising too many kids that do not value human life and any convenient justification will do.

You nailed on the laws. It is amazing we just never learn, huh?

Last edited:
Thing is, he may not have been a racist, in the true sense. He had black friends. He was thinking of shooting up a college, where white kids go too, at least I think so. Maybe he is just an ******* who thought it would be cool to add some kind of race element to it.

See, that is the thing. The racist is kind of easy to understand. What is disconcerting about this idiot is that at the moment, until more comes out, he may have just done this on a whim. We are raising too many kids that do not value human life and any convenient justification will do.

Amazing, no. Scary, yes.

I agree with your above statements also. I would also like to know what prescriptions drugs he was taking. All of his friends keep saying he was a pill popper in there interviews. I think he had racist views but he wasn't a card carrying skinhead or klansman, since he hung out with black kids. Sounds like a loser with a hate field heart who wanted to go out in a blaze of glory but was too much of a coward to do it.

He may not have been a card carrying member, but there were enough white flags(no pun intended) that he might as well have been one. I read he belong to a skinhead group and had flags on his jacket that promoted "white power". Not to mention his criminal record, thoughts of shooting up a college and being fear of black people taking over and raping our women. Sounds like a racist wacko to me that should have been in police custody BEFORE the shooting. Dude was unstable with a poisoned past and mind. His friends and family f'd up big time.

He may not have been a card carrying member, but there were enough white flags(no pun intended) that he might as well have been one. I read he belong to a skinhead group and had flags on his jacket that promoted "white power". Not to mention his criminal record, thoughts of shooting up a college and being fear of black people taking over and raping our women. Sounds like a racist wacko to me that should have been in police custody BEFORE the shooting. Dude was unstable with a poisoned past and mind. His friends and family f'd up big time.

I agree he has racist views. But the ones I have come in contact with in my life would not be hanging out with there black friends and getting drunk or have over half of there FB friends be black just saying. Sounds like the kid was a disturbed wanna be with some messed up world views. Hope they fry him and save taxpayer money.